Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-07-2008, 18:00   #481
God Member

Re: Don't bug me teacher, eating me breakfast.

Without wishing to be rude Blazey, how is this relevant to the original discussion?

In fact,the only thing that you're doing in these last few posts is actually arguing against your own previous arguments.

You say rules don't matter then you ask people to follow yours.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-07-2008, 18:16   #482
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey View Post
Did you not listen cashy, there are straight A students on the course who ARE well behaved. It's just students from underprivileged areas.
Make your mind up, originally you said;
Quote:
We don't use the term teacher on summer schools as a lot of the students have behaviour problems and don't tend to respect 'teachers', but in a sense I am more of a 'teaching assistant'.
Are they A grade students or are they disruptive students with no respect for teachers ? I find it hard to beleive they can be both.
Old 13-07-2008, 18:27   #483
God Member

Quote:

This course isn't called Motiv8 for nothing. .
is remedial spelling being taught as part of the syllabus
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2008, 19:12   #484
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post
is remedial spelling being taught as part of the syllabus
Why, you interested in sining up
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2008, 19:55   #485
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Sounds like a cuck up to me

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2008, 19:57   #486
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Sining?
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2008, 20:58   #487
God Member

It applies because what I am saying is that even the worst children at school can give respect to people outside of school even when the concept is the exact same thing, therefore teachers must be going wrong somewhere in their methods if they are failing to control children.

I was disruptive to the point of being treated just like the 'remedials' in school and I am doing pretty well for myself, so I don't really see why you can't be both.
At Uni they actually say that there are a lot of students like me who act up in school but end up doing really well, and it's generally down to not being mentally stimulated enough in the lessons or some sort of negativity coming from the teachers.

Everyone deserves a chance to be listened to and have their questions answered, and most important be informed of the opportunities they might have. Why should they aim for something they know absolutely nothing about?

And how can anybody talk about remedial spelling when we all constantly combine grammatical symbols to create 'smileys' on forums

By the way, norden, moorhead, rhyddings and another local high school that doesn't quite come to mind right now are on this next course, so I'm guessing your children simply weren't picked for this opportunity if they are at any of these schools, and this summer school IS for the brighter children from the impression i've got of the itinerary so far.
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2008, 20:59   #488
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
sorry but thats crap, well mannered/behaved kids can be needy n deprived, n i have nothing against them being helped along, what i do object too is the tearaways getting freebies, thats not selfish its justice.
Does anyone except blazey,not understand what i am saying? i have listened n was responding to yer comments, that someone else has posted, cos to be honest i just cant be arsed.
Old 13-07-2008, 21:02   #489
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benipete View Post
Sining?
That should be "sinning"
Old 13-07-2008, 21:16   #490
God Member

Quote:
therefore teachers must be going wrong somewhere in their methods if they are failing to control children.

I was disruptive to the point of being treated just like the 'remedials' in school and I am doing pretty well for myself, so I don't really see why you can't be both.
At Uni they actually say that there are a lot of students like me who act up in school but end up doing really well, and it's generally down to not being mentally stimulated enough in the lessons or some sort of negativity coming from the teachers.
According to your previous posts further up the thread you claim to have masterd the art of the 'students' gaining respect and not being a problem in your classes. Maybe you can tell us the secret ?
Old 13-07-2008, 21:17   #491
Resting in Peace

Quote:

Must be difficult being a genius Blazey.

By the way, norden, moorhead, rhyddings and another local high school that doesn't quite come to mind right now are on this next course, so I'm guessing your children simply weren't picked for this opportunity if they are at any of these schools, and this summer school IS for the brighter children from the impression i've got of the itinerary so far.
Yes, it is for the brighter children, and just to ring fence them to make sure they do carry on with their undoubtable academic ability after school. Can't see that you would have any problem with anti-social behaviour with these students at all to be honest.

http://www.lancs.ac.uk/depts/conted/parents.htm
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2008, 21:18   #492
God Member

Quote:
Does anyone except blazey,not understand what i am saying?
Looked clear to me.
Old 13-07-2008, 21:40   #493
God Member

Quote:
Does anyone except blazey,not understand what i am saying? i have listened n was responding to yer comments, that someone else has posted, cos to be honest i just cant be arsed.
Seems clear to me ... not much room for misinterpretation here

Except for the "can't be arsed" bit ... I wish you limeys would learn how to speak your own language
Old 13-07-2008, 21:44   #494
Resident Waffler

Interestingly the Code of Conduct for these Summer Schools includes:

# You must remain within your allocated group during the day
# You must attend all time-tabled activities
# You must not leave the University campus at any time unless as part of an official Summer School trip
# You will be in your resident blocks by 11.00pm each night.

Now I wonder what would happen if they did not attend the time-tabled activities, left the campus (maybe to go to a butty shop?) or were not in their resident blocks by 11pm? Would they be left to wander where they want?

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2008, 21:56   #495
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
Interestingly the Code of Conduct for these Summer Schools includes:

# You must remain within your allocated group during the day
# You must attend all time-tabled activities
# You must not leave the University campus at any time unless as part of an official Summer School trip
# You will be in your resident blocks by 11.00pm each night.

Now I wonder what would happen if they did not attend the time-tabled activities, left the campus (maybe to go to a butty shop?) or were not in their resident blocks by 11pm? Would they be left to wander where they want?
One would assume, that if there are rules, there must be consequencies for breaking them.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..