Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-07-2008, 17:21   #541
God Member

Re: Don't bug me teacher, eating me breakfast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
And if you wanted to discuss the weather you would have taken a degree in Climatology
The weather is something you tend to encounter everyday, so I wouldn't see the need for that, I know enough about it for my needs.

However, politics can be avoided quite easily. Many people go through life with never needing to discuss it at all. I don't care for politics, and I come on accy to talk about accy and other things that I find interesting. Just because I am openly a tory voter doesn't mean I want to talk about politics at every opportunity, nor do I appreciate it being pointed out in every single thread.
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 18-07-2008, 17:54   #542
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey View Post
The weather is something you tend to encounter everyday, so I wouldn't see the need for that, I know enough about it for my needs.

However, politics can be avoided quite easily. Many people go through life with never needing to discuss it at all. I don't care for politics, and I come on accy to talk about accy and other things that I find interesting. Just because I am openly a tory voter doesn't mean I want to talk about politics at every opportunity, nor do I appreciate it being pointed out in every single thread.
C'mon ... don't be disingenous .... you can avoid politics? ... I don't be thinking so .... no one can avoid politics, any more than we can avoid breathing .... and in one paragraph you can say "politics can be avoided" ... "I don't care for politics" ... and, wait for it, "I am openly a tory voter."

Is this your typical tory voter: one that doesn't have an interest in politics
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2008, 17:54   #543
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post
Do you know a good buttie shop in Finistrat?
I do but I only go in there when the kids are in school,Try the Old Ship
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2008, 19:33   #544
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey View Post
I was the last to mention it because it was in response to someone bringing up thatcher. You're right, next time I'll just be ignorant, ignorant people seem to get a better response on this forum.

In the Observer, someone has wrote in this week about this incident and has said the way the teacher handled this situation was unnecessary and inappropriate. Seen as they were at the scene I think I will stand by my position on this issue, and I think I've said enough on it now.
Amen to that
Old 18-07-2008, 19:56   #545
Resting in Peace

This reporter has such a good opportunity for sorting grievances out; instead she always comes down on the side of the informant.

Ok .. does get a quote from the accused, but would be a wonderful opportunity to get both sides together and sort the matter out .. 'Vanessa and The Observer' 'Bringing our Community Together'. Good column .. n'est pas ? This reporter is working against us all.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2008, 20:24   #546
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
This reporter has such a good opportunity for sorting grievances out; instead she always comes down on the side of the informant.

Ok .. does get a quote from the accused, but would be a wonderful opportunity to get both sides together and sort the matter out .. 'Vanessa and The Observer' 'Bringing our Community Together'. Good column .. n'est pas ? This reporter is working against us all.
Kate a reporter is a reporter is a reporter, end of, they are only interesting in hadlines not the inpact those headlines will have
Old 18-07-2008, 20:31   #547
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Kate a reporter is a reporter is a reporter, end of, they are only interesting in hadlines not the inpact those headlines will have
Disagree .. I am a Sales Person, which is what newspapers are about .. feel saving a situation is more attractive in our small township than aggravating 50% of us.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2008, 20:46   #548
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Disagree .. I am a Sales Person, which is what newspapers are about .. feel saving a situation is more attractive in our small township than aggravating 50% of us.
Well kate your certainly selling yourself to me hun
Old 18-07-2008, 21:52   #549
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benipete View Post
I do but I only go in there when the kids are in school,Try the Old Ship
Does John still own it....not run it but own it?
I know Ivan the terrible had it for a time....talking 10 years ago....dont go in there now......knew Pete the Bread....knew Nellie who was conned by the big Geordie for four grand..........Hey life goes on?

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2008, 22:11   #550
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Does John still own it....not run it but own it?
I know Ivan the terrible had it for a time....talking 10 years ago....dont go in there now......knew Pete the Bread....knew Nellie who was conned by the big Geordie for four grand..........Hey life goes on?
Pete the bread used to have a buttie shop called Uncle Rumples but shut due to kids going in on the way to school.
Ran me home every night when I stayed in the Alone over 20 yrs ago.
Old 18-07-2008, 22:13   #551
God Member

Sorry, I treat my politics like my religion or my family, you can see the outer shell if you must, but the details are my business. Deal with it.
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2008, 22:15   #552
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benipete View Post
Pete the bread used to have a buttie shop called Uncle Rumples but shut due to kids going in on the way to school.
Ran me home every night when I stayed in the Alone over 20 yrs ago.
Did you ever see his misses take the wrinkles out of her neck in one swift move when three parts?.....by taking her bra off.

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2008, 22:54   #553
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Did you ever see his misses take the wrinkles out of her neck in one swift move when three parts?.....by taking her bra off.
Not seen her since the bar- I mean butty shop shut

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..