Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2006, 21:25   #16
God Member

Re: Dont You Just Love CCTV ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madhatter
Did you know we have more cctv cameras in this country than any other in the world. City centre streets, most town centre streets even villages, shopping centres, shops, garages, hospitals, police stations, factories, homes. Not forgetting buses, taxis, trains, police cars and hgv's.

So we are all film stars now yeeeee haaaaa. Seriously though if they work and act as a deterent or can help convict a criminal then I am ok with them.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-02-2006, 21:45   #17
God Member

I am to a point. It's what happend to the recordings that bothers me. I don't expect to walk down town and have a load of people on the internet watching me via a web cam in the town centre.
Madhatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 21:45   #18
God Member

I am to a point. It's what happend to the recordings that bothers me. I don't expect to walk down town and have a load of people on the internet watching me via a web cam in the town centre.
Old 06-02-2006, 22:58   #19
Senior Member+

but isnt it a shame now to say the state of the community is such that we all feel as if we req our own private cctv systems?

ps nice one jimmi!!
Old 09-02-2006, 20:08   #20
God Member

Is it such a state that we feel the need, or has it always been in a state but we can now afford the technology to set it up?
Old 10-02-2006, 01:57   #21
Senior Member+

no i think its deffo the state that we feel the need

why else would you buy it if u didnt feel the need?
Old 11-02-2006, 11:51   #22
Senior Member+

*sniger*
Big brother is watching you ..when you play outside my flat !
jimmi5bellies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 12:31   #23
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmi5bellies
*sniger*
Big brother is watching you ..when you play outside my flat !
Does this mean you have some candid camera and video nasties moments???

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 11-02-2006, 19:52   #24

cctv is only part of whats happening... did you also know that they plan to fit gps units to new cars as from 2009? this will enable the government and police to track a vehicle and monitor speed etc.... now thats more worrying!

Last edited by ossymal; 11-02-2006 at 20:01.
ossymal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 20:04   #25

Another thing i haven't mentioned(going off on a tangent here!) apnr cameras... these are replacing what we all know as gatso cameras and gatsoII cameras... More discreet and harder to spot....
Old 12-02-2006, 12:09   #26
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J
Does this mean you have some candid camera and video nasties moments???
working on that one
Have caught somebody kissing somebody they shouldnt have once , just had a little giggle to myself and taped over it though ....
jimmi5bellies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 12:35   #27
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ossymal
cctv is only part of whats happening... did you also know that they plan to fit gps units to new cars as from 2009? this will enable the government and police to track a vehicle and monitor speed etc.... now thats more worrying!
Now thats a case of Big Brother is watching you. How long befor everyone starts to get nervous when out because of the suspision of hidden cameras wating their every move. Wouldnt suprise me if in the future we are all tagged the same as some criminals so the govenment of the day knows what we are up to were we go were we shop etc.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 12-02-2006, 13:44   #28

thats so tru spudge... In south america they already insert a mini gps tag on serious offenders under the skin so it can't be removed! it started trialing last summer. Any mobile can be located too... it can be triangulated to with a 10 metre radius..
Old 12-02-2006, 14:42   #29
Give, give, give member

Don't forget that while you are watching kids vandalise your cars on CCTV, some perv might be recording your children playing out for less noble motives.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 14:55   #30

just so everyone knows the rules on installing cctv on your own property. If the image contains any other persons property or captures any public view you need to get permission to have it... RIPA are the main body governing this and you also need to contact the informational commissioner for authorisation.. If anyone wants a copy of what you may have recorded which they can legally ask for they must pay you for access to it.. usually around a tenner... you can request a copy of the image from a bank for any footage you were in but you would have to say why and pay a tenner...

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..