Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2011, 11:21   #1
God Member

double dip

black wednesday here we go a double dip recession is on its way at least ten billion took out the economy, high inflation, no growth plan or will the gamble work .i dont think so
Old 06-04-2011, 15:58   #2
God Member

Re: double dip

there goes some more people on the scrap heap BBC News - 2,600 to lose jobs in first round of Navy and Army cuts
Old 06-04-2011, 16:54   #3
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Get a grip will you ! These are the first batch of the 17,000 redundancies to the Military announced last year in October as part of the SDSR. It's not as if they've suddenly decided to add an extra 2,600 onto the numbers already stated.

You should try getting yourself a position in Bollictics, with your knack of sensationalising without substance you'd fit right in there ! Jeez ! Anything to make your beloved labour seem whiter than white & the big bad (Tory) coalition the bogeyman, enabling our enemies to come & slaughter us in our sleep !

With an average budget of about 40bn which is to be reduced by 8% bringing it to around 36bn the British military has to make do with less unfortunately. This you'll find is due to your make everyone dependent on us party frittering away (from the articles included) over 100bn on overpriced, late, dysfunctional & non compatible acquisitions, money pished against the wall.

FT.com / UK / Politics & policy - Report attacks military cost overruns

Cost Of Labour’s Botched IT Projects Exposed | eWEEK Europe UK

Whitehall 'experts' cost the taxpayer £2billion in wages | Mail Online

That should be enough to be getting on with for now, so wipe up your crocodile tears & take a big gulp of reality, his Tonyness & Prudence Broon weren't the saviours you try to make them out to be !
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 16:58   #4
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Get a grip will you ! These are the first batch of the 17,000 redundancies to the Military announced last year in October as part of the SDSR. It's not as if they've suddenly decided to add an extra 2,600 onto the numbers already stated.

You should try getting yourself a position in Bollictics, with your knack of sensationalising without substance you'd fit right in there ! Jeez ! Anything to make your beloved labour seem whiter than white & the big bad (Tory) coalition the bogeyman, enabling our enemies to come & slaughter us in our sleep !

With an average budget of about 40bn which is to be reduced by 8% bringing it to around 36bn the British military has to make do with less unfortunately. This you'll find is due to your make everyone dependent on us party frittering away (from the articles included) over 100bn on overpriced, late, dysfunctional & non compatible acquisitions, money pished against the wall.

FT.com / UK / Politics & policy - Report attacks military cost overruns

Cost Of Labour’s Botched IT Projects Exposed | eWEEK Europe UK

Whitehall 'experts' cost the taxpayer £2billion in wages | Mail Online

That should be enough to be getting on with for now, so wipe up your crocodile tears & take a big gulp of reality, his Tonyness & Prudence Broon weren't the saviours you try to make them out to be !
How I wish I'd said the above, I'm no Tory but, God the thread starter does talk some crap.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 17:24   #5
JFT96

dammn I wish I had thought of that, now that's argueing.

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 17:46   #6
Resting in Peace

hallelujah to that
Old 06-04-2011, 19:02   #7
God Member

what does an economy need to be viable = money ,so taking money out of the economy works,its like trying to run a car without petrol simple economics todays show for thr nhs was just deflecting cuts from the army and navy plus the tax credits as well..
Old 06-04-2011, 19:04   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
How I wish I'd said the above, I'm no Tory but, God the thread starter does talk some crap.
never even mentioned labour thats all in the past im talking about now
Old 06-04-2011, 19:09   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
never even mentioned labour thats all in the past im talking about now
I didn't mention Labour either you prejudiced idiot.
Old 06-04-2011, 19:10   #10
God Member

lol i meant to quote the one you quoted
Old 06-04-2011, 19:14   #11

Quote:
lol i meant to quote the one you quoted
Proves your the divvy I think you are, give up now while your behind.
Old 06-04-2011, 19:20   #12
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
never even mentioned labour
You don't need to C'mon, it seeps out of your every pore, tainting everything with your unswerving petulant single-mindedness to your cause, you can't see the woods for the trees mate (and even if you could you wouldn't want to as it goes against the grain).

And Dave (not sure which one it was), cheers for that.
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 19:41   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
And Dave (not sure which one it was), cheers for that.
It wasn't this one, I spell Dave, like this:-

Less.
Old 06-04-2011, 19:50   #14
Senior Member+

so Cmon, with no money in your Bank account and debt letters coming in thick and fast you still think spending more money would be a good idea?

if you say yes to the above then you may as well give up all posting as no one could possiby ever take you seriously ever again.

EDIT - Apologies, its entwisi, hadn't noticed Julie had signed into my netbook last night when she was playing Farmville on it

buttonsmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 19:59   #15
God Member

so while were slashing tuition fees ,soldiers ,navy and civil servants we give £650 million pounds to a nuclear power for their education system and the biggest wad of money for the idc who are a private company by the way when we are supposed to have no money seem its just ideology and not a plan for growth or the future

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..