Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2007, 19:34   #31
God Member

Re: Downgrade Christmas

It's not all about " they have to put up with it if they want to stay here ". It's like has been said, a hell of a lot of Muslims, Hindu's etc, couldn't give 2 hoots about what we celebrate.

It's likewise!! My sons celebrated Eid at their school not long ago.
They were allowed to go in own clothes ( like at Christmas ) and the children ate foods that Muslim children had brought in for the celebrations. The children really enjoyed it. And I didn't hear any " white " people complaining, but as I said, I haven't heard any Asian people complain about Christmas either.
Also I wished the man at the paper shop a ' happy Eid ' as he does to me at Christmas!!

Like as been said, it's all a load of tripe off the so called ' DO GOODERS ' that are not DO GOODERS, as they are causing hassle where no hassle is needed.

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 01-11-2007, 20:23   #32
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by slinky View Post
Also I wished the man at the paper shop a ' happy Eid ' as he does to me at Christmas!!

Like as been said, it's all a load of tripe off the so called ' DO GOODERS ' that are not DO GOODERS, as they are causing hassle where no hassle is needed.
...which just about sums up the situation for most ordinary citizens of whatever persuasion. The only people this sort of thing benefits are the professional busybodies from the chattering classes who need to justify their existence and the extremists, both Islamist and right-wing racist, who have a vested interest in stirring up hated.
Old 01-11-2007, 21:12   #33
Beacon of light

I think it goes a bit further than that, I think it boils down to inciting racial unrest, and this is from a government that purports to want to quell such things by putting legislation into place to ensure equality.
The media do not help either...they report such things in a sensationalist way, together they cause disharmony when all we are trying to do is live together peacefully.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 21:38   #34
Senior Member+

Well, if its about complaining then, im spanish(with british nationality before you speak) and in spain we celebrate the 3 kings and not xmas, we always had xmas at home with the tradicional xmas dinner and family around,(loved it, my mum is english thats why we celebrated xmas0, anyway my complain was that im not happy that you dont celebrate the 3 kings, anyone has the telephone number of wichever you ring to complain???? (by the way is a joke)
Yolanda25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 21:41   #35
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yolanda25 View Post
Well, if its about complaining then, im spanish(with british nationality before you speak) and in spain we celebrate the 3 kings and not xmas, we always had xmas at home with the tradicional xmas dinner and family around,(loved it, my mum is english thats why we celebrated xmas0, anyway my complain was that im not happy that you dont celebrate the 3 kings, anyone has the telephone number of wichever you ring to complain???? (by the way is a joke)
We do celebrate them, we sing about them ......

We three kings of Orient are
Bearing gifts, we travel so far
Field and fountain
Moor and mountain
Following yonder star

Oh, star of wonder, star of might
Star with royal beauty bright
Westward leading
Still proceeding
Guide us to thy perfect light

Born a babe on Bethlehem's plain
Gold we bring to crown him again
King forever, ceasing never
Over us all to reign

Westward leading
Still proceeding
Guide us to the perfect light

Frankincense to offer have I
Incense owns a deity nigh
Prayer and praising, all men raising
Worship God on high

Westward leading
Still proceeding
Guide us to the perfect light

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 21:47   #36
Senior Member+

awwww thats so beautiful, thanks slinky
Old 01-11-2007, 21:58   #37
Passed away 25-11-09

Ah, the memories of little children sweetly carol singing in the 60s.

We 4 lads from Liverpool are
John on a pushbike, George in a car
Paul on a scooter blowing his hooter
Following Ringo Starr.

Sorry, Yolande. What date do you celebrate the Three Kings, is it January 6th?
Old 01-11-2007, 22:52   #38
white rabbits

Quote:
Originally Posted by slinky View Post
.......................... NO i'm not going to say what I was gonna say, this is a family forum after all
Slinky,I think i am on your wavelength,,,words fail me
Old 01-11-2007, 23:33   #39
God Member

It really bugs me that the so called PC brigade strikes again

who creates the divisions

the flippin PC brigade

There is not one single person that I know classed as an "ethnic minority" that has any issues with our christian festivals and they are just as fed up of being told they "could" be offended!!!!!!!

Ask the asian taxi driver who was told to remove the english flags from his taxi as it could offend...he just told em to **** off as their meddling offends more

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 07:25   #40

Unhappy christmas banned

did anyone see in the paper yesterday about labour wanting christmas banned, it upsets some minorities being the reason, i am not upset when said minorities are celebrating eid and ramadam etc, being brought up roman catholic christmas was and is part of my religion, we arent going to know our heritage soon and my grandchildren wont know what being british is about, luckily other parties have said there is no way christmas can be banned. whatever next.
broadhurst7173 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 08:46   #41
white rabbits

I think that [ WE ] are now the minority ...we are just too soft....
Old 02-11-2007, 10:03   #42
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by West Ender View Post
Ah, the memories of little children sweetly carol singing in the 60s.

We 4 lads from Liverpool are
John on a pushbike, George in a car
Paul on a scooter blowing his hooter
Following Ringo Starr.

Sorry, Yolande. What date do you celebrate the Three Kings, is it January 6th?
yeah we celebrate the 3 kings on january the 5th and the kids get their presents on january the 6th, when we're we kids we used to get presents on the 6th but then my mum realised that we never had time to play and enjoy the presents because just 2 days after we had to go back to school so she changed to father xmas hahahha
Old 02-11-2007, 10:18   #43
Super Moderator

Re: christmas banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadhurst7173 View Post
did anyone see in the paper yesterday about labour wanting christmas banned, it upsets some minorities being the reason, i am not upset when said minorities are celebrating eid and ramadam etc, being brought up roman catholic christmas was and is part of my religion, we arent going to know our heritage soon and my grandchildren wont know what being british is about, luckily other parties have said there is no way christmas can be banned. whatever next.
Far be it from me to defend the present government, but where exactly have "labour" said that they "want Christmas banned"? As for upsetting minorities, can anybody show me an instance of any major immigrant organisation expressing this upset? It's just a report by a fringe "think tank"; I think rumours of Christmas's impending demise have been somewhat exaggerated!
Old 02-11-2007, 11:16   #44

i love xmas and cant wait
mrjdallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 22:49   #45
God Member

christmas should be upgraded and we should be given an extra weeks holiday everywhere should be shut and we should be made to party na d anybody who doesnt party should be sent to coventry party party party cmon christmas hurry up

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..