Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-09-2008, 22:33   #16
Resting in Peace

Re: Drinking at 16 to be considered by Licensing Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morecambe Ex Pat View Post
- If alcohol can be bought by 16 year olds, then by logical progression, 14 year olds will try to get away with it and the problem of under age drinking will rear its ugly head again.
These were my thoughts too Morecambe ... think we have got it right already in the U.K. .. as they say 'Old enough to vote, fight for your country, etc' why not to go and buy alcohol ? Think 21 is over the top. At 16, still schoolchildren .. don't want them doing their A levels with hang-overs.

Stay as it is, that's my vote.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 26-09-2008, 02:44   #17
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
These were my thoughts too Morecambe ... think we have got it right already in the U.K. .. as they say 'Old enough to vote, fight for your country, etc' why not to go and buy alcohol ? Think 21 is over the top. At 16, still schoolchildren .. don't want them doing their A levels with hang-overs.

I did my geography A level drunk ... so drunk, I couldn't even remember writing it. Passed with a "D".
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2008, 04:48   #18
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
The Isle of Man tourist industry must be feeling the credit crunch pinch, so are grasping at straws to attract visitors - ie teenie binge drinkers
The Isle of Man has a lower drink drive limit than here. When I was over I was told that people often get locked up for drink driving over there.
Old 26-09-2008, 06:50   #19
God Member

Lowering the drinking age will only lower the age that kids start to drink, if the average is 14 now, it will be twelve if they lower the age limit, and it should be going the other way, they have done it with smoking, the cost of services and repairs because of drunkenness is already obscene, and will be worse if they lower the drinking age limit.
Old 26-09-2008, 09:14   #20
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
I did my geography A level drunk ... so drunk, I couldn't even remember writing it. Passed with a "D".
Is that how you finished up in Kingston then ? Took a left turn instead of right .. LOL
Old 26-09-2008, 09:35   #21
Resting in Peace

Quote:

Don't want them doing A levels with hang-overs kate, they already do
Old 26-09-2008, 13:14   #22
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Don't want them doing A levels with hang-overs kate, they already do
Highly likely Jaysay, but if dropped to 16 would be the G.C.S.E's then ..
Old 26-09-2008, 16:17   #23
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Highly likely Jaysay, but if dropped to 16 would be the G.C.S.E's then ..
Already is kate

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..