Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: What is your opinon?
I oppose Rehab Centres in principle- they are a failed concept 1 9.09%
The government now has other spending priorities - maintain the existing centre in Blackburn 1 9.09%
Avenue Parade is ideal 2 18.18%
The ex-Fire Station/Cop Shop is better 7 63.64%
Somewhere else in Hyndburn, but not the Acorn Centre 0 0%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-11-2008, 10:20   #76
Resting in Peace

Re: Drug and Alcohol Dendency Unit on Avenue Parade

Right i have edited the off thread chat out and edited the poll as this is a serous thread can we please stay on topic ta
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-11-2008, 12:38   #77
Resting in Peace

Thank you Mick: Karma on its way to you:
magpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2008, 17:42   #78
Resting in Peace

Re: Drug and Alcohol Dependency Unit on Avenue Parade

Just read on the Telegraph Web Site, that the Health Authority Have scraped the idea of housing this dependence unit in Avenue Parade, one up for common sense
Old 27-11-2008, 19:59   #79
Resting in Peace

Who said Accy Web had no clout?

Some people think I'm a bit of an animal, but I'm quite tender really
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2008, 20:07   #80
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benipete View Post
Who said Accy Web had no clout?
Nothing to do with Accyweb unless you want to give Cllr Jones a mention amoungst others, what do you say Jaysay? SEE NEXT POST.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2008, 20:08   #81
Accy Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
The things is, a the end of the day the powers hat be will make the decision and there isn't a thing anybody can do to change that
Not this time !!!

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Old 27-11-2008, 20:35   #82
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
Nothing to do with Accyweb unless you want to give Cllr Jones a mention amoungst others, what do you say Jaysay? SEE NEXT POST.
No I left the politics to you.

Some people think I'm a bit of an animal, but I'm quite tender really
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2008, 20:50   #83
Accy Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benipete View Post
No I left the politics to you.
Nothing to do with politics.

Old 28-11-2008, 11:15   #84
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
Not this time !!!
Sorry bagpuss, but they did make the decision, the only thing is that this time they made the right one for a change. Even so where are they going to put it, there's a letter in this mornings Observer saying they don't want it in the new centre like some have suggested.
Old 28-11-2008, 14:23   #85
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

good to see commonsense prevail, whoever its down to deserves credit.
Old 28-11-2008, 16:42   #86
God Member

Quote:
Sorry bagpuss, but they did make the decision, the only thing is that this time they made the right one for a change. Even so where are they going to put it, there's a letter in this mornings Observer saying they don't want it in the new centre like some have suggested.
how about putting some land aside at whinney hill tip so they can be with the rest of the crap society dosnt want around their homes?

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2008, 17:01   #87
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
how about putting some land aside at whinney hill tip so they can be with the rest of the crap society dosnt want around their homes?
Do you mind accuman there are some self respecting rats up there, you wouldn't wish them on even rats would you. I'd say the top of coppice but its far to nice too
Old 28-11-2008, 17:06   #88
God Member

Quote:
Do you mind accuman there are some self respecting rats up there, you wouldn't wish them on even rats would you. I'd say the top of coppice but its far to nice too
can you prescribe a bullet to the head as it would be a much cheaper and effective treatment for drug addicts

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2008, 19:21   #89
Resting in Peace

I am very happy with the end result: now wonder where they will try to stick it:

no doubt they will waste yet more money... it should go at the Hospital: end of:
magpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2008, 20:25   #90
Senior Member+

I think it was common sense in the end. The PCT said they had been in discussions with Council for 2 years and when the partnership (HBC+PCT) collapsed on Wednesday last week (26th the day before the Board was due to decide) it was over.

The PCT apologised. They said no-one at the Council had told them anything other than the Green light. They were told residents were on board as were ward councillors. They could and would not trample on people's views. So it was over for Peel house. That will NEVER be considered for such a facility.

The campaign was excellent. Right idea - Wrong Location. It was obvious the problem was the Council doing back door deals. The residents knew by getting me (as opposition leader) to table a motion against The Council, and The MP to call for it to stop (The Parliamentary campaign Greg v PeterB), one side would force the other to capitulate.

As the PCT said several times, if the Council withdraws support the scheme collapses. Of course there are afters. Greg is being blamed for an opportunist who wrote his objection letter 'in blood' as Councillor Paul Barton described it to 120 angry residents who wanted to lynch him.

And Bernard and myself for listening to the PCT in summer before being the ones to kick up a fuss first in early September. The Council and the PCT had in fact done a deal to control the agenda but when the pact between the PCT & HBC could not be broken we spoke out.

Last edited by g jones; 29-11-2008 at 20:30.
g jones is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..