Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: What is your opinon?
I oppose Rehab Centres in principle- they are a failed concept 1 9.09%
The government now has other spending priorities - maintain the existing centre in Blackburn 1 9.09%
Avenue Parade is ideal 2 18.18%
The ex-Fire Station/Cop Shop is better 7 63.64%
Somewhere else in Hyndburn, but not the Acorn Centre 0 0%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2008, 11:30   #121
God Member

Re: Drug and Alcohol Dendency Unit on Avenue Parade

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
when i was there,back in the day, the M.P. got the ale in Taggy, sod the subsidy.
Guests are not allowed to purchase drinks, even today.
Old 08-12-2008, 16:29   #122

I can confirm that Andrew is indeed correct, guests are not allowed to buy drinks in the Commons' bar. Form an orderly queue now.....

Also, someone mentioned smoking but this is an urban myth - smoking is banned in the Houses of Parliament just the same as everywhere else.
Greg Pope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 15:19   #123
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Pope View Post
Also, someone mentioned smoking but this is an urban myth - smoking is banned in the Houses of Parliament just the same as everywhere else.
..but not on the terraces (unlike at a footy game).
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 16:54   #124
God Member

Quote:
I can confirm that Andrew is indeed correct, guests are not allowed to buy drinks in the Commons' bar. Form an orderly queue now.....

My daughter is going on a school trip on Friday, does this mean you will be buying a round of J2O's
Old 09-12-2008, 16:56   #125
Resting in Peace

Quote:

good to hear it.... however I bet the powers that be have a nice plush smoking shelter, rather than a makeshift, unheated lean too :
magpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 19:31   #126
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb View Post
Guests are not allowed to purchase drinks, even today.
good to hear some old fashioned customs remain intact. shame P.D. don't.
Old 09-12-2008, 19:47   #127
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
good to hear some old fashioned customs remain intact. shame P.D. don't.
Who's P.D. Cashy ? Am I being thick ?

May not be able to smoke on the terraces either Tealeaf in the House of Commons, as meals there are under Marquee, (food's good though) maybe leaning on the wall and flicking yer docker into the Thames ...

Which reminds me, still have a bottle of Champagne from their bar, ex 'boss' always gave these out for Christmas. Had it about 10 years, will it still be OK ya' reckon ?
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 21:55   #128
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Who's P.D. Cashy ? Am I being thick ?

May not be able to smoke on the terraces either Tealeaf in the House of Commons, as meals there are under Marquee, (food's good though) maybe leaning on the wall and flicking yer docker into the Thames ...

Which reminds me, still have a bottle of Champagne from their bar, ex 'boss' always gave these out for Christmas. Had it about 10 years, will it still be OK ya' reckon ?
P.D. was Preventitive Detention or Hard Labour as some called it, persistant offenders were the favourites to get it, so the toe rags who will not reform, pay the piper.
Old 10-12-2008, 08:17   #129
God Member

I notice our honourable member is using a blue typeface. Does this mean a defection is imminent? Are Mr. Pope and andrewb hiding something from us?

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 09:46   #130
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerself View Post
I notice our honourable member is using a blue typeface. Does this mean a defection is imminent? Are Mr. Pope and andrewb hiding something from us?
Well I know its been cold lately, but I'm sure Hell hasn't frozen over yet yerself

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..