Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-06-2008, 15:10   #16
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: drug mum

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey View Post

How about we bring back the death penalty and just hang drug addicts though, that'd please a lot of people I'm sure.
Only if, the lawyer representing them can share the same gallows.

As I've already said you can feel as sorry as you want for the addicts, but my sympathies will always lie with the poor innocents that they destroy along with themselves.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-06-2008, 15:23   #17
Resident Waffler

The difference between this and the woman who possibly has a mental illness and possibly killed her children due to that condition is that such an illness is not her fault and not something which she has obtained by robbing people and funding a criminal empire.Drug addicts are often thieves and the drug trade is a multi million pound criminal empire which leads to millions suffering.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 16:50   #18
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey View Post
Just a thought anyway. Obviously she shouldnt have got pregnant in that state but these things happen
If she's able to inject smack into her veins, she should also be able enough to make sure she isn't going to get pregnant.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 19:30   #19
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
my sympathies will always lie with the poor innocents that they destroy along with themselves.
here, here.....my sentiments exactly
Old 03-06-2008, 21:17   #20
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
If she's able to inject smack into her veins, she should also be able enough to make sure she isn't going to get pregnant.
Was just going to say that, so very true. The truth of the matter is she is just a selfish individual who doesn't give a toss about anything but herself
Old 05-06-2008, 11:57   #21

she chooses to carry on & not get help then my only sorrow is for the kids not her as they did not have that choice
Old 05-06-2008, 17:48   #22
God Member

Hmm well in my experience drug addicts are very sad people indeed and I find it really annoying how people blame drug addicts for how they have ended up. Many people suffering from depression turn to drugs as a last resort thinking it might make them better, and the next thing they know they cant live without it.

The phrase 'most drug users are thieves' is ridiculous. Plenty of drug users are on high wages in respectable jobs. People resort to drugs to deal with their problems, so you see many are indeed at the low end of wealth and need to steal and whatever to get their drugs, but just as many are high earners in well respected jobs.

It is the dealers that don't seem to take enough blame for these things happening. Only problem is that they are happy enough living off their dirty money to need drugs themselves, and too rich off the business for you to notice them in the street, and they aren't the ones directly causing you problems so why care.
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 17:53   #23
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

sorry but drug users do NOT get my sympathy im afraid!

A lot of people get depressed, but they dont resort to drugs, especially the type ya inject!

I have no time for them sort of people.
Old 05-06-2008, 17:59   #24
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey
Have you seen anyone ever go cold turkey from heroin?
They use chicken on the NHS, it's cheaper.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..