Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-07-2011, 21:36   #1

Dunkenhalgh Way speed limit reduced

Beware, new 50mph speed limit introduced today reduced down from national speed limit (70)
Speed camera van will no doubt be parked up on the layby in the next few weeks
duggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-07-2011, 21:38   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Dunkenhalgh Way speed limit reduced

struggled doing 10 mph on yon this morning wi pigging roadworks.
Old 13-07-2011, 21:48   #3

100 men to cut the grass, sorry 6 and 94 watching
duggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2011, 22:24   #4
God Member

is this a temporary 50 limit while they cut grass ?

must admit i didnt notice the 50 signs today and was doing my usual speed of **mph

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2011, 22:33   #5
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

I didn't notice any signs, mind yeh i was too busy cursing.
Old 14-07-2011, 08:38   #6
Senior Member+

Thanks for the warning the "50" signs were up this morning, they were the permanent signs, not temporary x
emzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2011, 08:59   #7
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by duggie View Post
100 men to cut the grass, sorry 6 and 94 watching
That's like the old saying duggie, how many council workmen does it take to dig a hole, answer 4 one to dig the hole the other three to lean on their shovels watching
Old 14-07-2011, 09:00   #8
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
is this a temporary 50 limit while they cut grass ?

must admit i didnt notice the 50 signs today and was doing my usual speed of **mph
Boy racer
Old 14-07-2011, 09:53   #9
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by emzy View Post
Thanks for the warning the "50" signs were up this morning, they were the permanent signs, not temporary x
Yes, Emzy ... that is correct.
My thanks too, Duggie .. probably would have taken me about 6 months to notice them...

Pleased about this, always thought the 'no speed limit' was too fast for this short stretch of road and caused many accidents as you came up to the bends.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2011, 11:56   #10

This was put into the Observer legal notices quite some time ago. (at least 4 months) It has taken so long to put the sings up I though that they had changed their minds.
Old 18-07-2011, 02:15   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider61 View Post
This was put into the Observer legal notices quite some time ago. (at least 4 months) It has taken so long to put the sings up I though that they had changed their minds.
so thats a handful of people that were aware of the speed limit change

im betting more people are aware of it because of accyweb than that rag.

i went down today and i may be wrong but i didnt notice a 50 sign until i was at least a third of the way down after turning left off dill hall at the lights but admittedly i was preoccupied by the moron switching lanes too soon to watch out for a sign at the begining of the stretch of road

like someone else said im guessing the mobile speed nazis will be out hoping to catch people unaware of the speed change and my guess is they will be waiting in the lay-by half way down.

i dont understand why they have reduced the speed limit its not an accident blackspot like accy center roundabout infact any accidents i have seen there havnt been speed related but people pulling out without looking at teh roundabout at the end and they are only doing 5-10 mph

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..