Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2014, 12:02   #1
Senior Member+

DW Sports/ Soccerdome car park

Just a warning to anyone who uses this car park (it`s often used to avoid paying hospital car park fees), there is new car park enforcement in operation with a £100 fine (£60 if paid within 14 days).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo.jpg (146.0 KB, 35 views)
gpick24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 09-07-2014, 13:29   #2
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Re: DW Sports/ Soccerdome car park

It's one of those fines you can ignore and they can't do anything about though isn't it?
Old 09-07-2014, 13:40   #3
Senior Member+

I`ve looked into it this morning, and they can take you to court,

From here - About ParkingEye parking tickets | Parking Cowboys

"Ignoring private parking tickets was the popular advice until late 2012. Before then, threatening letters would be sent for months after the ticket, but in the end, they would just stop when the parking company realised the recipient would not ‘bite’. However, as noted earlier Parking Eye has started a campaign to change that perception by issuing court claims. Parking Eye could not realistically issue a claim for every ignored ticket; there would be too many, and it would cost them too much (NB. for cases that reach court, Parking Eye lose money on solicitors costs even if they win the case). However, if you do ignore a ParkingEye ticket, you could well be one of the unlucky ones."

I received one this morning, been round to reception and since I was there playing football at the time, the charge will be cancelled. Thought it worth a mention for others to avoid the aggro.
Old 09-07-2014, 14:19   #4
God Member

things like this come up on watchdog quite frequently and i think its disgusting that the DVLA can sell your information to parking fine agencies

its not just the offenders details they get its everybodys so your details are given or sold before you have actually commited an offence and even worse they sell your details to companies with bad reputations that have acted illigally and abuseivly in the past

the only people who should be allowed access to your details should be the police , car insurance companies and the council

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Last edited by accyman; 09-07-2014 at 14:21.
accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 14:31   #5
Senior Member+

I wrongly called it a fine earlier, it`s a charge/invoice for breach of contract, a bit more info here - How to beat a parking ticket: 'We were fined £100 yet signs were hidden' | This is Money

But this thread was really just a heads up for anyone that uses the car park when not using the facilities, I know there is staff at the hospital that use it when the staff car park is full.
Old 09-07-2014, 15:07   #6
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpick24 View Post
I wrongly called it a fine earlier, it`s a charge/invoice for breach of contract, a bit more info here - How to beat a parking ticket: 'We were fined £100 yet signs were hidden' | This is Money

But this thread was really just a heads up for anyone that uses the car park when not using the facilities, I know there is staff at the hospital that use it when the staff car park is full.

lol dont get me started on that ....

i know people who work at hospitals (mainly nurses) and as if it isnt disgracefull enough that nurses and hospital staff have to pay for parking it gets worse for them.If there isnt enough parking spaces in the designated spaces that the staff have paid for they have to then use the public parking and also pay for that on top of the space they have paid for but couldnt use in the allocated staff parking.I am unsure of blackburns policey but i cant see it been any different than bolton hospital or others in the area.

hopefully nurses will see your thread and not get caught with a £100 fine

ps: replies keep it at the top where it can be seen

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Old 09-07-2014, 15:33   #7
Senior Member+

Wasn`t knocking the replies accyman, just didn`t want to it be seen as having a winge. Mine will be cancelled, others may not be so lucky.
As for the hospital car park (blackburn at least) if you have to go on the visitor car park because the staff car park is full, you can claim that back.
Old 09-07-2014, 15:45   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpick24 View Post
Wasn`t knocking the replies accyman, just didn`t want to it be seen as having a winge. Mine will be cancelled, others may not be so lucky.
As for the hospital car park (blackburn at least) if you have to go on the visitor car park because the staff car park is full, you can claim that back.

to be honest id be livid if i was fined for spending too much time as a customer using their facilites i think you have been quite restrained

how long do these people think a football match is ?

ok the brazil match was by all accounts over in less than 20 mins but .....

Old 09-07-2014, 15:52   #9
Senior Member+

I was livid this morning when I got the letter. I`d missed the signs they`d put up and they have a terminal at the main entrance for you to enter your reg No. on entry (that way you get 4 hours parking rather than 1), but i`d gone through the side entrance that they have open when it`s warm so I missed that too.
But I went in at dinner, and the chap at the desk took a copy of the letter and said not to worry, he`ll fax it of to Parking Eye with instructions to cancel it.
Old 09-07-2014, 19:07   #10
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
things like this come up on watchdog quite frequently and i think its disgusting that the DVLA can sell your information to parking fine agencies

its not just the offenders details they get its everybodys so your details are given or sold before you have actually commited an offence and even worse they sell your details to companies with bad reputations that have acted illigally and abuseivly in the past

the only people who should be allowed access to your details should be the police , car insurance companies and the council
I believe that Hyndburn had their access to that system removed a while ago for breaching some rule or another but they have access again now
Old 10-07-2014, 14:40   #11
Full Member+

Crazy how things have become
US Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 16:06   #12
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by US Angel View Post
Crazy how things have become
What's crazy, that the shop is fed up of it's car park full of hospital staff all day?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..