Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-10-2012, 09:28   #211
Resting in Peace

Re: Ed Miliband

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Who was this group 'economical outlook' anyway? I've done a google and can't find a reference to anything they've recorded.
How the economic future of the country is looking,You stick with me Less I'll educate you to these political terms
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-10-2012, 09:33   #212
Full Member+

Politics is like watching a game .................all the best players are at the side watching.
Greeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 09:48   #213
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
How the economic future of the country is looking,You stick with me Less I'll educate you to these political terms
You and educate, in the same sentence?

Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 09:59   #214
Resting in Peace

Quote:
You and educate, in the same sentence?

Hey Less I could even teach you the knock a nail in straight and get a screw out of a piece of wood when the heads gnarled, stick with me mate I'm good with fiends
Old 03-10-2012, 10:34   #215
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Hey Less I could even teach you the knock a nail in straight and get a screw out of a piece of wood when the heads gnarled, stick with me mate I'm good with fiends
Ah a reference to my Dracula past, it's not nails but wooden steaks I can't handle.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 12:03   #216

It's been obvious this week from TV interviews that Ed M. has decided to discard his "I'm a quiet reasonable fellow" persona and has been brushing up on how to make himself appear a strong assertive leader. TV pundits expressed their admiration of his no notes speech, but considering he was a lecturer of politics at Harvard he's had plenty of practice.
What surprised me was the variety of different hand signal movements he made but I've come to the conclusion that this is his "make or break" convention and he probably looked up his old uni. philosophy notes to make sure he didn't miss out any positive hand gestures.
Lucysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 12:55   #217
Super Moderator

Quote:
I used 1 party because Labour have never made a success of governing this country, but it is hard work always starting from a minus, unlike the incoming Labour government of 97 who inherited the best economic outlook ever record, and when they left office 13 years later they left a dogs breakfast and a note saying there's no money we've spent it all
So, by your theory, if the Tories had been in power continously since the end of the war, everything would be hunky dory, would it? Maybe, but only if you never got sick or fell on hard times because the Tories sure as hell wouldn't have introduced the NHS or the Welfare State (and however much we may malign those institutions today, I'd still rather be with them than without them.). And before you say it, Jay, I think we'd be in an equally bad place, but in different ways, if Labour had been constantly in power since then!
Old 03-10-2012, 15:50   #218

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!

You do realise the tories are going to get in next time too... 'what was the question'.....well Duh!!!!

Old 03-10-2012, 17:06   #219
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Ah a reference to my Dracula past, it's not nails but wooden steaks I can't handle.
Mental note made
Old 03-10-2012, 17:11   #220
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
So, by your theory, if the Tories had been in power continously since the end of the war, everything would be hunky dory, would it? Maybe, but only if you never got sick or fell on hard times because the Tories sure as hell wouldn't have introduced the NHS or the Welfare State (and however much we may malign those institutions today, I'd still rather be with them than without them.). And before you say it, Jay, I think we'd be in an equally bad place, but in different ways, if Labour had been constantly in power since then!
No I'm certainly not saying that Wyn far from it, but we may still have a few bars of gold, tucked away, and I certainly believe that we wouldn't have had so much debt as we have now. Looking at it the other way, in what state would this country be in if Labour had been continuously in power since the war
Old 03-10-2012, 21:54   #221
Senior Member+

Ed wants One Nation under Ed Balls! Like the song goes - One Nation under a geek!
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 23:37   #222
Super Moderator

Quote:
And before you say it, Jay, I think we'd be in an equally bad place, but in different ways, if Labour had been constantly in power since then!
Quote:
Looking at it the other way, in what state would this country be in if Labour had been continuously in power since the war
Gordon Bennett, Jay, I've already said that!!!
Old 04-10-2012, 09:02   #223
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Gordon Bennett, Jay, I've already said that!!!
I know was just reiterating the fact

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..