Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree8Likes
  • 2 Post By Less
  • 3 Post By Barrie Yates
  • 2 Post By Margaret Pilkington
  • 1 Post By accyman

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-02-2017, 21:23   #1
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Education, Education, Heducation/A Touch OF Learning?

Now, as crazy as it might seem, I'm inclined to believe our politicians when they claim the voters are ill-educated.

I for one learnt very little at school, most of my learning, came after, at college and from willingness to read/discover what wonders the world has to offer.

I just wonder, how many like me would like education to be involved with schools, teachers and pupils?

The next time one of our wonderfully superior politicians claims that a decision they don't agree with is because of ill-educated voters, MAKE SURE THEY MAKE IMPROVING ALL EDUCATION THEIR PRIORITY BEFORE VOTING FOR THEM.

Last edited by Less; 24-02-2017 at 21:26.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 24-02-2017, 23:16   #2

Re: Education, Education, Heducation/A Touch OF Learning?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Now, as crazy as it might seem, I'm inclined to believe our politicians when they claim the voters are ill-educated.
If politicians claim voters are ill-educated then they are by implication claiming that politicians are incompetent because politicians are responsible for the education system.
Hill Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2017, 23:49   #3
Senior Member+

At some time before becoming a politician they must also have been ill educated according to their own criteria. Unfortunately many of them never seem to have changed and still remain as absolute dipsticks.
Old 25-02-2017, 09:13   #4
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
Unfortunately many of them never seem to have changed and still remain as absolute dipsticks.
And that is the polite term for them.

It is both arrogant and ignorant of them to label the electorate as ill educated(just necause we don't agree with their views) as surely, they must know that many of those they are labelling probably had equal educations to them...and some of them may have had superior educations to them.
It suits their purpose to see the electorate as 'hoi polloi' but once you start insulting a group or a person...directing what can be seen as personal affronts, then sure as eges are he fruit, you have lost the battle(or the argument).
Personal insults are the last resort of a scoundrel. There seems to be quite a few of those who have found a niche in politics.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2017, 09:18   #5
Beacon of light

Less, like you, my education was pretty basic. Whether we stick with what we learned at school is our own choice.
People like us have received the best part of our education at the University of Life. That is the one where you only graduate as they screw down the lid of the box. I like to think that my enquiring mind and my curiousity has led me to learn many things...things which are far more diverse(and perhaps more useful) than what was offered on the school menu.
I hope to continue my education(without any help at all from short sighted know it all politicians) for many more years yet.
Less and hilleluk like this.
Old 25-02-2017, 20:18   #6
God Member

the working class people with a working class education are way to thick and stupid tyo understand the complexity of the UE

Ooops EU

that private education our MP got and his various degrees in finance , global finance and law both criminal and business law among many other high qualifications that suit him to be above us thicko's must really be a burden upon his high and mighty shoulders

my youngest got a gold star at school and i think that makes him more qualified to speak on behalf of hyndburn than our MP because unlike our MP my son dosnt look down on people as thick racist bigots when they disagree with him

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2017, 21:20   #7
Beacon of light

Graham Jones went to St Christopers. Ok he went on to do further education, but none of it was at private schools. So he is no better educated than many who post on here.(neither is he any worse)
He does though, seem to have forgotten his humble roots.
Old 26-02-2017, 00:02   #8
God Member

was sarcasm Margaret im aware his education standard is no better than anyone elses and time spent in a printers dosnt make you any more qualified than a shelf stacker or toilet cleaner on the EU either

im just curious as to how he is going to convince hyndburn he is suitable to take us forward after exiting the EU and if people are going to be stupid to believe anything he says to convince them he is

he voted the correct way the other week but that was just to save his job as its finally dawned upon him that we the people of Hyndburn are fed up of been labeled for leaving the EU by the high and mighty who pretend to serve us .

maybe the guaranteed labour vote in Hyndburn isnt completely bullet proof and he realized if he maintained his stance publicly he could be on shaky ground

anyone who voted to leave needs to ask themselves if they could trust him when voting on how many migrants and refugees the UK should take in and remember that it was labour who flung the gates wide open creating the mess we have today

i really would appreciate it if he would take his luxury pension from the tax payer and pee off

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2017, 07:36   #9
Beacon of light

That was just in case there was anyone reading this that thought he DID have the privilege of such an education.
I knew that you were being sarcastic, but thought there might be someone who didn't.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..