Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-09-2008, 00:03   #16
Caz
God Member

Re: Empty Nest Syndrome?

Definitely not Bernie, that's a fact.

I am not young enough to know everything.
- Oscar Wilde
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-09-2008, 09:54   #17
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
Bet you wouldn't be without them, know I love having mine to sleep
I never had the pleasure of watching my kids grow up, as my marriage ended whilst they were young (and it was a nasty break up too) but I have more than made up for it since they turned 18, I now have grand children, I am very close to both my girls, well one really, the other lives in Vietnam If you've brought up six kids, I think you deserve a bit of time to yourself, secure in the fact that you have help them on the first rungs of the ladder which is life and they will show you their thanks in many ways over the coming years, but always remember those six will turn into mny more over the years, and you'll never be short of company when your getting older
Old 21-09-2008, 09:56   #18
Resting in Peace

Sorry Bernie my above post should not have been post as a rider to yours, I'm not really awake yet
Old 21-09-2008, 10:04   #19
Beacon of light

Although i have only one daughter...she didn't leave until she was 30ish......my biggest problem was learning to cook less.......for a long time after she moved out, there was enough food for another person......I would put into foil trays and take it up to my Ma, or put it in the freezer and then have it another day.

While she was with us I used to dream about using her bedroom as a haven for myself......and that worked out well.
We still have a sofa bed in there and her son now comes and has a sleepover on occasions.

I liked seeing my chick take to her own wings...it is very satisfying.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2008, 11:37   #20
Caz
God Member

Smile Re: Empty Nest Syndrome?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Although i have only one daughter...she didn't leave until she was 30ish......my biggest problem was learning to cook less.......for a long time after she moved out, there was enough food for another person......I would put into foil trays and take it up to my Ma, or put it in the freezer and then have it another day.
While she was with us I used to dream about using her bedroom as a haven for myself......and that worked out well.
We still have a sofa bed in there and her son now comes and has a sleepover on occasions.
I liked seeing my chick take to her own wings...it is very satisfying.
The cooking thing...Yes! Regularly cook big stock pots of stuff to feed up to 10 people, suppose that will take some getting used to, especially with 3 leaving all at once. Think the freezer is going to be well used!

The spare room is one of the things I'm looking forward to. Will be able to leave the sewing machine up and ready for use, and not have to keep setting it up all the time, space to leave jigsaws out, start to make home brew again, etc, etc.

Quote:
If you've brought up six kids, I think you deserve a bit of time to yourself, secure in the fact that you have help them on the first rungs of the ladder which is life and they will show you their thanks in many ways over the coming years, but always remember those six will turn into mny more over the years, and you'll never be short of company when your getting older
nice one Jaysay.

I am not young enough to know everything.
- Oscar Wilde
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2008, 12:49   #21

Didn't think it would affect me, was looking forward to time alone. Then it hit me....
Splinter is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..