Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-07-2008, 07:22   #1
God Member

End Of Term School Parties

At the end of every school year at Intack they used to have a party for each class, now with the end of term fast approaching i noticed that we hadnt had any letters about the food we should be sending in for the usual party.
I rang school in a very curious mood this morning and i asked the secretary, she said they had no plans to have any parties this year, and i asked 'well what about the year 6's who are leaving?' she said nothing at all had been mentioned about it, at this point i wasnt happy, she said she's ask the deputy head about it and get back to me

now to me an end of term party kind of puts a closier to the school year, and a total closier to the kids who are leaving for secondary school, since this new headmistress has taken over at intack several people have taken their kids out of school because of her flippant attitude towards the kids.

its not as if the parties are costing the school any money, all the parents provide the food and drinks

are your kids having an end of term party?
flashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 15-07-2008, 09:39   #2

Re: End Of Term School Parties

my 3 year old is havin an ugly bug ball

not sure its quite the same but hey ho lol
onlyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2008, 09:43   #3
Senior Member+

Ty's school has partys for all sorts of reasons but i dont think they are having an end of year do.... they already had their year 6 assembly .

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2008, 12:11   #4
Senior Member+

My son is in yr6 and is having a leavers party but its only for yr6, its not going to be much of a party as there is only 8 kids in yr6 but the school puts on the food and they are off for a fun night out on monday with the school, but my other 2 are having parties and 1 of them is a beach party, i hope the weather holds
jackyalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2008, 12:29   #5
Apprentice Geriatric

Unhappy Re: End Of Term School Parties

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashytart View Post
At the end of every school year at Intack they used to have a party for each class, now with the end of term fast approaching i noticed that we hadnt had any letters about the food we should be sending in for the usual party.
I rang school in a very curious mood this morning and i asked the secretary, she said they had no plans to have any parties this year, and i asked 'well what about the year 6's who are leaving?' she said nothing at all had been mentioned about it, at this point i wasnt happy, she said she's ask the deputy head about it and get back to me

now to me an end of term party kind of puts a closier to the school year, and a total closier to the kids who are leaving for secondary school, since this new headmistress has taken over at intack several people have taken their kids out of school because of her flippant attitude towards the kids.

its not as if the parties are costing the school any money, all the parents provide the food and drinks

are your kids having an end of term party?
That is sad, very, very sad.
Old 15-07-2008, 12:55   #6
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by emamum23 View Post
Ty's school has partys for all sorts of reasons but i dont think they are having an end of year do.... they already had their year 6 assembly .

year 6 assembly is on Thursday, i'll be glad to get to the end of this week you know, and get him out of that horrid school
Old 15-07-2008, 13:05   #7
Senior Member+

does Reece finish on friday??

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2008, 13:08   #8
God Member

yeah, then he has a week of summer school at Rhyddings
Old 15-07-2008, 13:23   #9

My daughter has had a fun filled few weeks...........since they finished there sats they have been rewarded by school for all the hard work they put into the sats.

They have put on a play for us, had a school trip, had sports day at Hyndburn sports centre, had a trip to an ICT centre and more.

They are having a Year 6 leavers assembly on Thursday, and a year 6 leavers mass on Friday. They are also having a party after the assembly on Thursday.

As most of the children started at the school in the nursery, (7 years ago now eeeekkk), then the nursery door was the first door that most of them walked through, so on Friday Year 6 will be leaving school through the nursery door as well. So that means that the first and last door they ever walked through will be the same door.

I'm going to have a lump in my throat!! Though I've had to promise my daughter that I won't cry!!
forceten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2008, 13:33   #10
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by forceten View Post
As most of the children started at the school in the nursery, (7 years ago now eeeekkk), then the nursery door was the first door that most of them walked through, so on Friday Year 6 will be leaving school through the nursery door as well. So that means that the first and last door they ever walked through will be the same door.

ah thats lovely
Old 15-07-2008, 14:56   #11
God Member

at junior school we used to have toy day where you could take yor fav toy into school and just play all day for the last day of year

at secondary school we used to have school discos which have mysteriously turned into things called proms which i find absolutely pathetic and yet another un needed peice of culture from the yanks

we also had rag day where you paid 50p to go to school in your normal clothes and this as far as i know still happens

instead of proms why not have a day trip to the job center so people can actualy say they have been to one

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2008, 18:26   #12
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post

at secondary school we used to have school discos which have mysteriously turned into things called proms which i find absolutely pathetic and yet another un needed peice of culture from the yanks
Im sorry i dont agree with that. I think most people call them proms just for short. think everyone enjoyed gettinWhen i had my valedictory (prom) it wasnt pathetic at all. And i g all nicely dressed and seeing each other all as a year for one last time. Everyone makes the effort to look great for this one time and its a great occasion. Things have moved on from your time and things always will but theres still a disco Proms just a shortend word that everyone seems to use. Theres many other names for it. Including valedictory and leavers ball etc. I dont think its un needed at all. Everyone looks forward to it and makes the effort especially the girls! :]

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2008, 20:05   #13
God Member

No party at our school that I am aware of.

Year 6 have performed The Wizard of Oz for parents and staff.....and very good it was too in case you are reading this, Sam.

There also be a leaver's assembly on Friday for year 6 and their parents.

It must be a very emotional time for all.
Old 15-07-2008, 21:28   #14
Senior Member+

Leaver's assembly at Peel Park a year ago reduced me to tears !
They had a party after that and made a day of it.
Doesn't seem a year ago......
Old 15-07-2008, 22:32   #15
Clearly Classy.......

Our year 6 went bowling together last tuesday evening. Leavers assembley on friday...tissues ready!! then after that a few of us from school are going out for a meal to celebrate SATs/reports/end of an era/beginning of a new chapter.

My Gallery My Albums
Romps is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..