Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2004, 17:22   #31
Resident Waffler

Re: Equal rights - but only when it suits?

Life insurance for women is usually either cheaper than for men of the same age or the cover is higher. That is nothing to do with attracting the custom of women it is because on the whole women live longer than men. Insurance companies work from statistics. That is why if you live in a high risk area your buildings and contents insurance is higher. You are, in the opinion of the insurance company, more likely to be burgled because more burglaries take place in those areas.

The older you are when you take out a new life insurance policy the higher your premiums will be because the company presumes they will get less money out of you before you shuffle off. They are in the business of making as much money as possible. (spoken as an ex employee of the finance industry)

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 09-09-2004, 18:51   #32

Hi Pendy,

Yep, getting used to storms, but I prefer the ones like hurricanes because they are of a more predictable nature. Hell hath no fury and all that.................

JohnW
JohnW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 19:25   #33
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf
So what were the women doing if they were'nt looking to get off with someone? Discussing the meaning of life?
Just as Pendy says, getting 2 drinks for the price of 1, and dancing a lot. The fact that it is subsidised by men is unfair, but hey, this is cheap booze we're talking about. All's fair in love, war and beer....

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2004, 09:22   #34
Resting in peace

Lettie - I love you!
pendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2004, 17:14   #35

Yes! It is cheap booze we are talking about and I want MY share! It would be great if the clubs changed the offer to "2 for the price of one but only if they are pints of bitter or mild"!
Old 10-09-2004, 20:38   #36
Accrington Web Mascot

[QUOTE=Ceejache]The vibe I get from these sort of things is that it is acceptable and understandable if a woman attacks a cheating man, but not the other way round. QUOTE]

That's exactly my point Ceejache. No way could a bloke's mag get away with printing an article the condoned a man to mutilate his girlfriend for cheating on him. I was quite disgusted that as a reader I was supposed to think that it was comical or that she was in the right.

The way I see it is that it is just as bad if a woman abuses a man as it is the other way around. I realise that it is more common for a woman to be the victim - but does that mean that the few abused men out there are any less of a victim???
ShortStuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2004, 21:05   #37
Resident Waffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortStuff
The way I see it is that it is just as bad if a woman abuses a man as it is the other way around. I realise that it is more common for a woman to be the victim - but does that mean that the few abused men out there are any less of a victim???
Certainly not and equally wrong is the idea that this somehow makes up for all the times that women are the victims.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..