Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree27Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-05-2014, 17:20   #31
Senior Member+

Re: Euro election voting today

Wouldn't it be great if Mr Pritchard came on here and actually told us ( the constituents) what the hell he is playing at instead of touting his tawdry stories to MSN News and anyone else who only wants the family fall out angle?

Come on Malcolm, we know you are watching, lots of people in Milnshaw are probably feeling a little short-changed right now.

I think you have some explaining to do. ( Mr Farage might feel the same, I didn't think anyone could sully a party like UKIP since they do such a great job of embarrassing themselves but I reckon they'd have their doubts about you)
Old 23-05-2014, 17:57   #32
JCB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
So why didn't he stand as an Independent?
I haven't a clue .

It is acceptable for elected representatives , in local government or in Parliament , to change allegiance , to "cross the floor" as they put it .
I think this must be a unique case , when a councillor crosses the floor literally within minutes of being elected .

But we are dealing with a unique politician .
JCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2014, 18:06   #33
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCB View Post
I haven't a clue .

It is acceptable for elected representatives , in local government or in Parliament , to change allegiance , to "cross the floor" as they put it .
I think this must be a unique case , when a councillor crosses the floor literally within minutes of being elected .

Sorry NO,dealing wi a 2 faced SNAKE is nearer the truth imho.
pallyman likes this.
Old 23-05-2014, 18:25   #34
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Sorry NO,dealing wi a 2 faced SNAKE is nearer the truth imho.
I'm thinking we might be doing snakes a disservice here, I quite like snakes.
Old 23-05-2014, 18:55   #35
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsay ormerod View Post
I'm thinking we might be doing snakes a disservice here, I quite like snakes.
Aye true,apologies to any snakes reading accyweb.
DAV007 likes this.
Old 23-05-2014, 19:18   #36

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!

Whilst not defending him as a man...this is what he actually said..

https://audioboo.fm/boos/2191844-aud...election-today

Which is a bit different than the headline grabbing 'I'm switching sides'

And frankly, many on here bemoan those taking the party line over the wishes and needs of the actual electorate....yet when someone says they will put the constituents first, they are taken out of context and slagged off by people who believe everything they read on the BBC....and I include Graham Jones who tweeted yet another faux pas without getting his facts straight.....why am I not surprised by that
Old 23-05-2014, 19:22   #37
Junior Member+

Yep Malcolm started his political 'career' as a Liberal but when New Labour grew in popularity he swapped to Labour. He left because they wouldn't make him Mayor. He then became 'independent' which meant Labour lost control of the council. Not sure what deal he did with the Tories but he voted with them on every issue and blow me, the Tories make him Mayor. Now that UKIP or growing what does our Malcolm do? Oh yeah he stands for them too and (this is peachy) he attacks his own daughter. Is there anything this feckless idiot won't do to chase votes? Devoid of principles and integrity comes to mind. He's now the
'acceptable' face of racism. I hope he feels proud!!!
Talkingsense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2014, 19:35   #38
Junior Member+

Ah jeez he,s left UKIP too, this just gets better by the minute !!
Talkingsense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2014, 19:50   #39
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talkingsense View Post
Ah jeez he,s left UKIP too, this just gets better by the minute !!
iv eamiled the RAC just incase hes a member and warned them that he may switch to the AA at a moments notice and a further email to Green Flag as they are the smaller group that may welcome a new member no matter what his background....

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2014, 19:50   #40
JCB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinness View Post
Whilst not defending him as a man...this is what he actually said..

https://audioboo.fm/boos/2191844-aud...election-today
Mr Pritchard said that there is no "Whip" in UKIP .

If that is the case why is Mr Gerard Batten UKIP's chief MEP whip if they don't have whips ?

I wonder how much Mr Pritchard actually knows about UKIP .
JCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2014, 19:57   #41

Most of us are aware that the media take liberties in presenting an attention grabbing
headline so, "I'm switching sides" is definitely not a quote but if one stands on a ticket
then at least some votes will be gained because of that. Mr. Pritchard said that UKIP does not have a 'whip' and that they are all independents which is what he will be - where does that leave those voters? His ticket said UKIP not Independent UKIP. Based on his political record the politest description I could use is opportunist.
sherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2014, 20:18   #42
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCB View Post
I haven't a clue .

This smells like he had planned it this way long before the elections were due to take place.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2014, 20:30   #43
Senior Member+

This guy is not to be trusted
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2014, 10:24   #44
God Member

lol its slightly off topic but UKIP related but you will no longer hear cameron,millerband and that other leader fellow call UKIP racists as they have come to the conclusion that every time they call UKIP racists UKIPS's numbers grow and they get better results..

its taken three people and their partys to come to that conculsion as to why UKIP are gaining popularity.

I dint realise things were that bad that our country is in the hands of people who put so much beleif in superstition.If Mr Cameron steps on a crack will WW3 start or if that liberal fellow walks under a ladder will the bank of England collapse lmao

I think someone needs to tell cameron and his fellow slime that the reason why peopel are voting UKIP is because people are fed up of corrupt perverts and theives been in charge

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2014, 11:28   #45
Beacon of light

It should have hit home by now that this is a 'no confidence vote' .
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..