Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree27Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-05-2014, 11:47   #46
God Member

Re: Euro election voting today

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
It should have hit home by now that this is a 'no confidence vote' .

it most likely has and in the next few days you will hear how they plan to stem immigration , make benefits even harder for immigrants to get and make the UK a less attractive place to come for a free ride etc etc and so on..

and then they wont actually do anything after they get re elected whoever gets in next time

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 24-05-2014, 12:50   #47
Beacon of light

Accyman, I think we all know that we have heard all these 'soundbites' before.
We know that that is all they are...weasel words, with precious little effective action to back them up.
It is time for the three major parties to realise that the electorate are fed up with the career politicians, the elite, who think they don't need to listen to the concerns that are being expressed by the population.

During this election(both local and EU) campaign only one candidate knocked at my door.
It is all very well to shove a leaflet through a letterbox. You cannot have a discussion about your concerns, with a leaflet.

And the fiasco of the Milnshaw ward election just goes to show that politicians can say what they like whilst campaigning...once they are elected they will do what they bloody well like, and sod those who put the cross in the box.
maxthecollie likes this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2014, 15:52   #48
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Accyman, I think we all know that we have heard all these 'soundbites' before.
We know that that is all they are...weasel words, with precious little effective action to back them up.
It is time for the three major parties to realise that the electorate are fed up with the career politicians, the elite, who think they don't need to listen to the concerns that are being expressed by the population.

During this election(both local and EU) campaign only one candidate knocked at my door.
It is all very well to shove a leaflet through a letterbox. You cannot have a discussion about your concerns, with a leaflet.

And the fiasco of the Milnshaw ward election just goes to show that politicians can say what they like whilst campaigning...once they are elected they will do what they bloody well like, and sod those who put the cross in the box.
Yep absolute fiasco, it's a shame that the Tories tactics to beat Labour was not to stand at all (so as not to split the right wing vote), they were happy for UKIP to be the only alternative to Labour.
Talkingsense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2014, 15:56   #49
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talkingsense View Post
Yep absolute fiasco, it's a shame that the Tories tactics to beat Labour was not to stand at all (so as not to split the right wing vote), they were happy for UKIP to be the only alternative to Labour.
Somehow i suspect their tactics went much further than that.
Old 25-05-2014, 09:54   #50
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
I dint realise things were that bad that our country is in the hands of people who put so much beleif in superstition.If Mr Cameron steps on a crack will WW3 start or if that liberal fellow walks under a ladder will the bank of England collapse lmao...

I suppose it depends who her husband is
Old 25-05-2014, 09:58   #51
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talkingsense View Post
I think you are exactly right. If you knew you had no chance of winning a Tory seat but could reduce the Labour Councillors by one would you put up a candidate or let what is currently a minority party try and take the seat. Don't forget the person in question allegedly sold his loyalties to become Mayor by voting with the Tories and keeping Labour out of the big seat for a little longer.
Old 25-05-2014, 10:00   #52
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Somehow i suspect their tactics went much further than that.
I think you will find they are all as bad as each other. Maybe a little unfair that, lets just say some from all parties are as bad as each other.
Old 25-05-2014, 10:42   #53
Beacon of light

All this skulduggery casts doubt on the honesty and integrity of ALL local politicians and put local politics on a par with national politics.....and I have always seen those two things as separate entities in the past.
This man may have done nothing illegal, but his actions have been dishonest...and those who voted for him to be their representative on the council must have known he wasn't trustworthy after all he DOES have a track record of being two faced.

From his posts on here it seems that he knows nothing of the party he stood for....he is only passionate about beating his daughter in the political stakes. Well, Malcolm, I hope your victory has given you a lot of satisfaction. Karma to you(not the accyweb kind, you aren't even worth the red stuff).
Old 25-05-2014, 12:56   #54
God Member

i wonder what them that voted for him are thinking now because they have basically elected a tory and milnshaw ward is and has been for a long time labour ..

not even a propper tory either ..

I dont think i could live with been labled the tories little errand boy but some have lower standards than others i guess

personally i hope every single one of them that voted for him turn up on his doorstep

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Old 25-05-2014, 13:38   #55
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
i wonder what them that voted for him are thinking now because they have basically elected a tory and milnshaw ward is and has been for a long time labour ..

not even a propper tory either ..

I dont think i could live with been labled the tories little errand boy but some have lower standards than others i guess

personally i hope every single one of them that voted for him turn up on his doorstep
Yeah pitch forks a torches, I still have some left from last time I was selling them

Last edited by Neil; 25-05-2014 at 13:40.
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2014, 14:59   #56
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Yeah pitch forks a torches, I still have some left from last time I was selling them

well with how threats like to get thrown around via pm of sueings etc i thought it best to word it carefully as possible so as to avoid getting reported for inciting a riot but you seem to have grasped the point lol

milnshaw lane used to be straight but now its crooked at the top..

much like its chain in command in its ward

Old 25-05-2014, 15:00   #57
God Member

wonder what ukip manifesto reads like lol. it did say last year to privatize the nhs . but most items related to the ukip manifesto has disappeared off the internet
Old 25-05-2014, 15:12   #58
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
wonder what ukip manifesto reads like lol. it did say last year to privatize the nhs . but most items related to the ukip manifesto has disappeared off the internet

It doesn't really matter what they stand for when you are voting in the Euro's. MEP's can do almost nothing anyway.
Old 25-05-2014, 15:33   #59
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
It doesn't really matter what they stand for when you are voting in the Euro's. MEP's can do almost nothing anyway.
i dont recall the ins and outs but i think blair signed away almost all of our sway and say in things happen infact i think the only thing left to do is what the french do and stick two fingers up at the EU and ignore any contracts they have agreed to

Old 25-05-2014, 17:03   #60
Beacon of light

Our MEP's have little influence to make any difference to our lives.
They can only really make a difference to their own lives....feathering their nests and dipping their bread in the very rich gravy.
accyman, pallyman and Lucysgirl like this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..