Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2003, 12:46   #16
Senior Member+

Post Re: Ex-Accrington Expats....

Yeh I'm in Stockwell,London,left Accy in 1978 and been in London ever since so that's 25 years.Yeh I was only in Accy for 10 years,born in Darwen.It does seem like another country down here and it's so so noisy! :
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-09-2003, 21:34   #17
Senior Member+

Noisy, unfriendly, and us up North have to sell ya our water.Not to mention all that good food you miss out on.Black Puddings are not the same unless you get em on a market stall from a bloke with a flat cap.Tha knows we spek a litl wird up here.Most of the southerners i have met speak even funnier.OOO AARR and all that lot! Sorry just having a laugh?
Old 08-09-2003, 21:35   #18
Senior Member+

I can't read and i can't write but i can drive a tractor  
Old 26-09-2003, 12:19   #19

Lived in Accy till 94, then moved to Cheltenham on Gloucestershire to do my nurse training. I'm now an RMN/RNMH and still live in Cheltenham but do visit Accy several times a year.
Paddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 06:37   #20

Came down from Scotland as a kid. grow up in the fern gore area. Went to St Peters when it was on Willows Lane Then went to St Christopher's (71 - 76) Left in 80 married an american had 4kids divorced his ass met current hubby while in germay added anoher kid andmoved to the states in 92. Last time back was a couple of years ago  when mum died.
Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 09:31   #21
Senior Member+

angel i lived up in on Fern Gore from 1973 to 1982.Strange that we may even know some of the same people.
Old 12-10-2003, 07:34   #22

We lived on the corner #30 right across from the bus stop. Lets see names I remember are Fred and Eileen Heap Had a dog that got burned right after mum had a letter in the obsever.they had two kids Edward and Victoria. Pam and keith Barton two girls. Do you remember Old Mrs Glover who lived at #29 thought she was a ghost one night. Stewarts, McDonalds, Scammells lived on Downham Dr, Mr Batty, Waters,
Another old lady Mrs Mott she was in the Salvation Army.

You will have to name names also
Old 12-10-2003, 08:30   #23
Senior Member+

Ok angel the MacDonalds Jacko and bobby.Scammels being tracey a girls name in all eyes but he was a grand lad.The wilson family Tommy and Willie.The Carr family Steve and Jim.The MacCallister family, Paul and Geraldine.Know of any of them.Richard Dickinson lived on Broadfield and Cartmel Avenue.The Cunliffe family?
Old 12-10-2003, 08:59   #24

wasnt there a dean mcdonald as well I liked Tommy Scammell could not meet a nice man my older sister knew the older kids and I knew them from Julie on down. where on Broadfield did you live?

Old 12-10-2003, 18:49   #25
Senior Member+

Aye Deano still lives up there and is found in the Jenny on a regular basis every Friday and Saturday.We lived at nr. 29 Broadfield and then moved to Cartmel Ave.Tommy Lawson married Janice Carr but are now split up.Was not meant to be.Do you remeber the Edge family too????
Old 14-10-2003, 07:33   #26

seem to remember a Derek Edge. God I must be getting old LOL memory failing. Was Annie Lawson related to tommy.
I remember Theresa Smith lived some where around there and also a Simpson family.
How far down was #29??
Old 14-10-2003, 07:37   #27

Re reading your post you said Tracey was grand lad did he die??????
Old 18-10-2003, 20:08   #28

We are not only Expats we are Ex Fern Gorians. Does Tommy Lawson have a brother Sonny and does Mrs. Glover have a daughter Anna and a son George
Lynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2003, 21:19   #29
Senior Member+

Ee by gum going back somewhat now.Derek Edge, had a son called Andrew.Tommy Lawson does indeed have an elder brother called Sonny.Willie Lawson was the youngest lad.His claim to fame was that he had footie trials for Blackburn Rovers.Nr. 29 was basically in the middle of Broadfield Road.Gordon Mitchell ring a bell in anybodys mind
Old 18-10-2003, 21:20   #30
Senior Member+

Sorry forgot to mention that as far as i know Tracey is still alive

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..