Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-12-2007, 20:34   #91
Junior Member+

Re: Ex-Accrington Expats....

i also lived in peter st accrington in 1963. then we moved up bellfield rd after 15yrs i with my 3 boys moved on nuttall st. then met my hubby moved up huncoat for 10yrs now we are in lowton warrington. david worked at huncoat colliery then mansfield then hapton valley. been around some. in 1963 my mum and dad had a shop up willows lane just passed willow mount club. before i had my first child i worked at ewbank with my dad.......best wishes to all at accy web [burt]
burt is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 24-02-2008, 17:02   #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mik Dickinson View Post
Ee by gum going back somewhat now.Derek Edge, had a son called Andrew.Tommy Lawson does indeed have an elder brother called Sonny.Willie Lawson was the youngest lad.His claim to fame was that he had footie trials for Blackburn Rovers.Nr. 29 was basically in the middle of Broadfield Road.Gordon Mitchell ring a bell in anybodys mind
Gordon Mitchell rings a bell with me beacause it is me ive just done a google search to say if there is any info on me and I came across this site so Ive just joined. hope to corespond with some of you soon
Gordie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2008, 19:04   #93
Senior Member+

Hiya Gordon we used to all hang around together.There was a lad called Mick but i forgot his last name.Remember the summer hols playing tennis down Bullough Park
Old 29-11-2016, 09:25   #94

Only just found this site. Used to live in Fern Gore uopto 1966 then moved to Ossy
Julian Dearden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2016, 19:06   #95

Lived in Accy most of my life.Short jonty to Salop,early '70s.Moved to Ossy,thought P.Britcliffe looked after folk here....WRONG... it's a Dump!!...Wish I was t' other side of world.😔😔😔
boxermum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2016, 20:21   #96
Junior Member+

Born in Accrington 1942 served 5yrs in the RAF 1964,Joined Lancs Fire Brigade 1964-1972 Moved to Cardiff Still here, I go to Accrington when I can but disappointed with all the familiar areas gone.
fireman32 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..