Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-09-2004, 20:53   #1
God Member

Execution in Iraq

I have just watched the video posted on the internet of the execution yesterday of the American hostage in Iraq.

I came across it quite by accident, and now I curse my curiosity.

It was, without doubt, the single, most horrific, most obscence event I have ever witnessed. No one should have to die like that. Quite how the perpetrators of this crime against humanity can live with themselves is beyond me.

All our prayers should be with the remaining hostages and their families tonight.

I will not post the address of the video, please don't ask.
Old 21-09-2004, 21:00   #2
mez
God Member

Re: Execution in Iraq

thanks bob quite a lot of people will agree with you there, just waiting to see how the other hostages are & wether they will be ok, yes our prayers should be with all the families & hostages.
Old 21-09-2004, 21:17   #3
God Member

The BBC have just announced that the second American hostage has been murdered.

I cannot begin to imagine what the remaining British hostage must be going through at this moment.
Old 21-09-2004, 21:49   #4

They were asking why the English hostage had been left untill last???
This may be me being a little naive but i would assume that if there are 3 of them they will have picked one to be executed 1st and second, and it would be pure luck that the English hostage is to be the only one remaining.
But as pointed out more than once, i'm sure everybody's thoughts are with the family's of these men, who were working in this environment to help others. I for one am surely thinking of them.

People work for money!
If you want loyalty, get a dog!!!
WINGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2004, 22:17   #5
Always EVIL within us

My finger has been poised over the keypad for a good five minutes but I am unable to put down the anger and frustration that I feel for these madmen.

In previous kidnap situations in Iraq, the army have tended to find the kidnappers shortly after the murders (not a slur on our or U.S.forces) and after gun fire, they get killed but I know that I for one will not get any satisfaction from hearing about their deaths. Perhaps, if I knew they died slowly and in agony.........

If they meet their God Allah after death, I hope Allah kicks them in the ba***s before banishing them to Hell for what they have done!
Busman747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2004, 05:20   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busman747
My finger has been poised over the keypad for a good five minutes but I am unable to put down the anger and frustration that I feel for these madmen.

In previous kidnap situations in Iraq, the army have tended to find the kidnappers shortly after the murders (not a slur on our or U.S.forces) and after gun fire, they get killed but I know that I for one will not get any satisfaction from hearing about their deaths. Perhaps, if I knew they died slowly and in agony.........

If they meet their God Allah after death, I hope Allah kicks them in the ba***s before banishing them to Hell for what they have done!
Terrible situation, and a terrible barbaric attrocity. As A-Bob said he doesnt know how the perpetrators can live with themselves.

Quite easy I'm afraid. "To kill an infidel is not a crime against Allah" (So my Muslim friends say, that this is written in the Qu'ran). So in their barbaric eyes they have do nothing wrong! And in fact will be rewarded in the Garden of Heaven for ridding the World of an infidel...................Stone Age?? or not so advanced??

A sad world indeed!
Darby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2004, 09:28   #7
God Member

I'm sorry Darby, But that explanation holds very little water.

Even if scripture prescribes no penalty for the killing of people of a different faith or no faith, what happened to the two American hostages and is threatened for the British hostage is barbarity plain and simple. I cannot believe that any right thinking human being could condone such appalling savagery, no matter what Scripture allowed or disallowed.

The Old Testament allows me to keep slaves, does that make it morally right or acceptable?
Old 22-09-2004, 10:31   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acrylic-bob
I'm sorry Darby, But that explanation holds very little water.

Even if scripture prescribes no penalty for the killing of people of a different faith or no faith, what happened to the two American hostages and is threatened for the British hostage is barbarity plain and simple. I cannot believe that any right thinking human being could condone such appalling savagery, no matter what Scripture allowed or disallowed.

The Old Testament allows me to keep slaves, does that make it morally right or acceptable?
I didn't try to explain or justify the actions taken. Just to add a fact to the whole question as to why barbarians are ..barbarians. Basically, religion, any religion, cannot stand competition from another religion, and they preach that they are always right!!

However, religion is only part of it, and certainly not all of it.

You state that "I cannot believe that any right thinking human being could condone such appalling savagery, no matter what Scripture allowed or disallowed. " I don't hear any vociferous condemnations from the Middle East or from amongst our own muslim society. Beheadings and amputations are common-place in Saudi...so to them it's an everyday occurrance.

I feel sorry for you in that you accidentally watched the video, I couldn't do it, as it would make me so angry I saw a punishment amputation once in Oman...never again!

Islam has been around for almost 1400 years, and they've not changed their attitudes one little bit...so I don't suppose we will make any difference. The majority of muslims (as reported in the press and on the media) are against the UK, USA, Germany, France et al...and probably privately, would support the terrorists, as they most certainly do not, as a majority, condemn their actions.

Even for daring to openly discuss the topics of Islamic Fundemantalism, and to criticise anything Islamic, can normally result in punishment or even a "Fatwah" being issued to kill or maim the criticiser. The extreme-ism is widely applied throughout the muslim world, and we (to our eternal shame) apply the word "racism" to anybody who openly discusses such issues in an attempt to inform, and become more informed.

It's just a shame that we cannot simply sit down and debate or discuss what is wrong and what can be done to improve the situation with one another, and without diatribe or aggression.

As for those poor souls who were beheaded......may God (everybodys God) help them and their families
Old 22-09-2004, 12:05   #9
God Member

No personal criticism of you was intended, Darby.

I am just absolutely disgusted, demoralised and heart sick. Which is, I suppose, in part, what the extremists intend. I cannot get that poor man's cries out of my head.

Moving on to the larger question though, it does start to make you wonder just what sort of vipers we are nursing in our bosom.
Old 22-09-2004, 12:19   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acrylic-bob
No personal criticism of you was intended, Darby.

I am just absolutely disgusted, demoralised and heart sick. Which is, I suppose, in part, what the extremists intend. I cannot get that poor man's cries out of my head.

Moving on to the larger question though, it does start to make you wonder just what sort of vipers we are nursing in our bosom.
Non was taken A-Bob. I know we are both mature enough to discuss things sensibly.

I too feel like you do about the whole issue. Hiding our heads in the sand will never make anything better...a sad, sad world, full of sick people!!

I look at my sons, and my 2 grandchildren, and I'm seriously worried for them. Did we cock everything up?
I've spent my life fighting ignorance and trying to help people....it all seems a waste... but I still have a glimmer of hope with a lot of the young people of today, and I know my kids and their kids are a credit to myself, my wife and my family, and to a just and free society!! Lets hope we still have one in the next few years!!
Old 22-09-2004, 12:22   #11
Resting in peace

I firmly believe that religion has been responsible for more deaths throughout history than disease. Blind adherence to any faith is dangerous - go back just four hundred years, and we were burning heretics in this country - a truly horrible way to die.

We have moved on, the fanatic adherents of Islam have not. They are where we were back at the days of the crusades - one can only hope it won't take them nearly 1000 years to catch up.

Also, we are often told that the Q'ran says this and that - how do we know that this is really the case? There is nothing in the Q'ran (and I have this on the authority of a Saudi Muslim friend) to justify the treatment of women in Islamic countries - in Sharia law, adultery is no crime for men, but women can be killed for a mild sexual indiscretion (short of adultery) because they have "dishonoured" their family. Where does it say in the Q'ran that women cannot drive cars? - forbidden in Saudi.

There will always be psychopaths, and such people will use any excuse, religion, a political cause, to justify their sick actions. These people are not just religious fanatics, they are dangerous psychopaths. No normal human being could behave like this.
pendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2004, 12:45   #12
Senior Member+

I to have a strong feeling on this one that is SICK. These so called people! should be hunted down if i was to murder someone then i would be tracked down and punished for the crime what will happen to these guys? Nothing instead they get what they want Dr Germ to be freed today will that stop them in future probably not now they have a hold on the english and the americans what they gonna do next decapitate some other poor guy, woman or child and ask for saddam? where will it stop? Also at the end of the day it sont matter to these people who they kill even there own if it means they get what they want it will have to stop somewhere. But where.

you know man is the only mammal to kill with no other reason but wanting to do so!!!!
MUMMIBOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2004, 13:11   #13
Resting in peace

you know man is the only mammal to kill with no other reason but wanting to do so!!!![/QUOTE]
Not quite true, mummiboo - if a fox gets into a hencoop, it will kill all the hens, although it will only take one or at most two to eat. It's programmed to do that.

However, people are supposed to be able to think. The majority of people have a horror of killing, even by accident, but there is a small minority, true psychopaths, who do not feel like the rest of us normal people - the world revolves around them, their ideas, and their desires - and so you get paedophiles, serial killers, and scum like the so-called militant and patriotic Iraqis.

Whether or not you believe in God, believe in evil - it truly does exist, even if it tries to wear the cloak of belief in God and religion.
pendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2004, 14:23   #14
God Member

>>Whether or not you believe in God, believe in evil - it truly does exist, even if it tries to wear the cloak of belief in God and religion.<<

Interesting. Is this possibly what is what is referred to in 'Revelations'? Where it talks about false prophets and that sort of thing.
Old 22-09-2004, 14:25   #15
Resident Waffler

The words "nail" and "head" come to mind there A-b.

I just cannot find words to describe how this makes me feel. Whatever I say will seem far too small. I just keep asking myself "How could they?"

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..