Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree209Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-06-2017, 17:07   #76
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Re: Exit Polls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
It is known as 'The Peter Principle'...people rise to the level of their incompetence.
He was fine as a local councillor, but as an MP he just doesn't cut it.
However,Accyman nailed it.
The voters in Hyndburn will vote for anybody/anything as long as it travels under a Labour banner.
I think Graham Jones works hard for hi constituents and is a good MP. Being an MP is more than sounding good on TV. I don't agree with a lot of things he says or does but I will give praise where it's due.
Old 16-06-2017, 19:31   #77
Beacon of light

Well, Neil he has not done a lot for the borough in general, and as such, I cannot agree that he is a good MP.
Previously he has done more to promote his own interests by climbing the political ladder.
It is not necessarily about sounding good in the press, but about doing the best for the town.
I stand by my post that he was a good councillor(that is why I had high hopes for him as our MP...and voted for him at the last election.)
As far as I am concerned he has not fulfilled those hopes.
This is just my own opinion.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2017, 09:40   #78
I am Banned

And now the labour lefties are storming Kensington council office and attacking staff while they're trying to rehome victims, they are calling for a day of rage to bring down the goverment, they are attacking police officers, don't they think our services have anything better to do at the moment, this is corbyns real peace party, they are a joke
hilleluk and monkey hanger like this.
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2017, 10:21   #79
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by st06nc2 View Post
And now the labour lefties are storming Kensington council office and attacking staff while they're trying to rehome victims, they are calling for a day of rage to bring down the goverment, they are attacking police officers, don't they think our services have anything better to do at the moment, this is corbyns real peace party, they are a joke
People like that always move in on a tragedy,and make political gain outa people who are devasted.
hilleluk and monkey hanger like this.
Old 17-06-2017, 12:17   #80

This is Jeremy Corbyn's rent-a-mob, apparently he has 3 houses, why can't he offer refuge to a few of these homeless people?
hilleluk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2017, 14:02   #81
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
Well, Neil he has not done a lot for the borough in general, and as such, I cannot agree that he is a good MP.
Previously he has done more to promote his own interests by climbing the political ladder.
It is not necessarily about sounding good in the press, but about doing the best for the town.
I stand by my post that he was a good councillor(that is why I had high hopes for him as our MP...and voted for him at the last election.)
As far as I am concerned he has not fulfilled those hopes.
This is just my own opinion.

I follow him on facebook and see what he is doing for his constituents, you should try it you might learn what he's up to
Old 17-06-2017, 14:30   #82
Beacon of light

Neil, you know I don't do facebook. I won't ever do facebook/twitter/whatsapp/snapchat.
None of these have anything that want to avail myself of.

He may be doing stuff for constituents...that is what he knows how to do from being a councillor...but looking at the bigger picture....exactly what has he done to improve the borough...has he prevented the closure of amenities?
Has he done anything to slow down the decline of the town centre?
Has he done anything to promote the town to businesses which would bring in jobs and improve the local economy?

Having said all of that even if he had done wonders for the town(which he hasn't) I would not vote for a party which had Jeremy Corbyn as a leader....with a manifesto which is so blatantly unworkable

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 17-06-2017 at 14:33.
Old 17-06-2017, 14:48   #83

I try never to miss Prime minister's questions, and selected debates. During the past two years, I have made a point of seeing if my MP asks a question, he hardly ever does. I also took an interest in Hyndburn, and this MP hardly ever does either
My husband follows Martyn Day our MP on facebook, according to him he gives the impression of always being busy and out there. so we joined a government website called THEY WORK FOR YOU, every time your selected MP asks a question or has a written one, the will send you an email giving you all the information. it can make interesting reading Neil
Old 17-06-2017, 14:58   #84
Beacon of light

I follow that site too.
Old 17-06-2017, 15:02   #85

It does make interesting reading
Old 17-06-2017, 15:21   #86
Beacon of light

https://www.theyworkforyou.com/?utm_...medium=twitter
Here is a link for those not familiar with the site
cashman likes this.
Old 17-06-2017, 15:44   #87
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
I follow him on facebook and see what he is doing for his constituents, you should try it you might learn what he's up to
Lets be honest here Facebook like wiki anyone can put anything on those. proves nowt.
Barrie Yates and hilleluk like this.
Old 17-06-2017, 15:51   #88
Beacon of light

'They Work for You'is an official site with the daily doings of politicians and I feel it is more to be trusted.
cashman likes this.
Old 17-06-2017, 15:52   #89
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
Neil, you know I don't do facebook. I won't ever do facebook/twitter/whatsapp/snapchat.
None of these have anything that want to avail myself of.
WhatsApp isn't social media. It's just a private message system that uses the internet so you can send picture/video/whatever you want to a friend. You can send messages to just one person like with text messages or you can set up group messages with several people in. Good if you have a few people like a walking group or something and want to be able to contact them all at once.
Old 17-06-2017, 15:52   #90

I am sure this is a Government Site

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..