Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-02-2009, 23:21   #166

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb View Post
If Rossendale Councillors did the job for less than £3k in 2007-2008 - why does it take 95% more in members allowance for Hyndburn Borough Councillors to do their job. Are you 95% better at doing the work than the Rossendale Councillors?

Maybe you should be asking Peter the answer to this. After all he does keep saying we are an "excellent" council. Peter is so good at his job that he answered an email from me, but instead of just pressing reply in the email programme he sent the reply to a member of the public, who was not too impressed at getting the email.

Posted via Mobile Device
claytonender is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 27-02-2009, 23:26   #167

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
They seem more than capable of doing that themselves.

If they ever have enough skills to master tying their own shoelaces, things might hopefully improve on that front.
Or learning how to press the reply to sender icon on the HBC email programme. It is not only Jaysay who sends messages to the wrong person.
It is quite worrying when you consider it could have been some highly confidential council information.

Posted via Mobile Device
Old 27-02-2009, 23:26   #168
Give, give, give member

Re: Expenses, expenses...

Quote:
Originally Posted by claytonender View Post
Maybe you should be asking Peter the answer to this. After all he does keep saying we are an "excellent" council. Peter is so good at his job that he answered an email from me, but instead of just pressing reply in the email programme he sent the reply to a member of the public, who was not too impressed at getting the email.

Posted via Mobile Device
Blimey, they're really not too hot when it comes to using emails and personal messages, are they?

I do hope it was nothing of a 'sensitive' nature, that he sent to the wrong person.

I'm sure they do a beginers guide to computing at Ossy Library.

I check, and if they do I'll book two places for him and his pal Jaysay.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2009, 23:26   #169
God Member

Clutching at straws now Claytonender. Just go away, come back with something real that the Conservatives have done bad, or have the guts to drop your own allowances if you're going to complain about other peoples. Absolutely stinks of hypocracy. Better still, work with them for the betterment of those people who elected you, rather than spending your time trying to trip the Conservatives up.

You could start by getting in contact with your Labour county council buddies, and get Emma Street tarmaced like you promised the residents.
Old 27-02-2009, 23:26   #170
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:

Posted via Mobile Device
bloody hell this misdirecting of messages is catching amonst em.
Old 27-02-2009, 23:31   #171
Caz
God Member

Quote:
Maybe his misuse of council IT services has not taught him any lessons then, if he can't even press the right button?

I am not young enough to know everything.
- Oscar Wilde

Last edited by Mick; 28-02-2009 at 11:32. Reason: requested edit from poster
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2009, 23:32   #172
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Or learning how to press the reply to sender icon on the HBC email programme. It is not only Jaysay who sends messages to the wrong person.
It is quite worrying when you consider it could have been some highly confidential council information.

Posted via Mobile Device
Let's just be happy enough people saw sense in Hyndburn, twice I might add, not to send him down to Westminster after the General Elections.

Besides starving his poor little self half to death, because the big bad city is just sooooo expensive to eat in, he could have perhaps started a war, if he happened to start pressing buttons willy-nilly in the wrong office in Whitehall.

Old 27-02-2009, 23:39   #173
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caz View Post
Maybe his misuse of council IT services has not taught him any lessons then, if he can't even press the right button?
No wonder they decided to sqander the grant of £591,000 that was given to them to start a community website here in Hyndburn.

Technology can be very confusing for some.

Cllr. Britcliffe probably pressed a wrong button somewhere, and just deleted all that dosh.

Still it's only just over half a million pounds...half a million pounds of people's hard earned money.

Last edited by Mick; 28-02-2009 at 11:31. Reason: request off caz
Old 27-02-2009, 23:45   #174

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb View Post
Clutching at straws now Claytonender. Just go away, come back with something real that the Conservatives have done bad, or have the guts to drop your own allowances if you're going to complain about other peoples. Absolutely stinks of hypocracy. Better still, work with them for the betterment of those people who elected you, rather than spending your time trying to trip the Conservatives up.

You could start by getting in contact with your Labour county council buddies, and get Emma Street tarmaced like you promised the residents.
I will start to consider working with Peter Britcliffe when he stops lying in public about the activities of myself and my fellow Church councillor. Until then I will continue to speak to him as I did on Thursday evening. Incidentally he refered to me as 'That woman' during Thursday's council meeting. Clare Pritchard and myself have been speculating that maybe if -God Forbid-the Tories ever win power again nationally whether all Labour voters will loose the right to be addressed by their name and be called in a similar manner. I have stipulated that I must be "That woman" number 1. Clare thinks her title will possibly be "Gobby woman" but I am not to sure as it might imply she is a resident of Oswaldtwistle. So I have suggested "Milly woman" to signify the ward she represents. In fact we have discussed having the names tatooed on our left buttocks - in red of course.

Posted via Mobile Device
Old 27-02-2009, 23:47   #175
Give, give, give member

Mmmmmmmmmmm I wonder which side is winning us, the swaying voters.

There's a lot to take in.

Greed. Gross incompetence. Arrogance. Lack of intellect. Fairness. Integrity. Refusing to listen to Joe Public at 'public' meetings. Idiotic and wasteful whims, with no perceivable benefits to the borough. Megalomania. Did I mention greed, as in feathering one's own already comfortable nest?

Yes there's a lot of information for us ordinary Joes to take in.

I'd hate to say who was winning, certainly from the evidence we've had presented before us on Accy Web.

It's Hobson's choice.

Old 27-02-2009, 23:55   #176
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Incidentally he refered to me as 'That woman' during Thursday's council meeting.
Whilst on his recent trip to London did he also make an all expenses paid visit to the Lucy Clayton School of Deportment and Charm?

I suppose it's one step up from allegedly referring to a fellow councillor in public as a 'silly cow'.

Count yourself lucky.

Old 28-02-2009, 00:01   #177

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Whilst on his recent trip to London did he also make an all expenses paid visit to the Lucy Clayton School of Deportment and Charm?

I suppose it's one step up from allegedly referring to a fellow councillor in public as a 'silly cow'.

Count yourself lucky.
I do indeed. I think when I sign in at the next council meeting I will sign "that woman" maybe he will know who I am then.

Posted via Mobile Device
Old 28-02-2009, 00:02   #178
God Member

Quote:
andrewb You could start by getting in contact with your Labour county council buddies, and get Emma Street tarmaced like you promised the residents.
That might not be a bad idea if it was actually promised. I cannot understand why people who pay council tax have to put up with the road outside their house being such a disgrace. My sister lives on there and I am afraid I would not be best pleased if the road outside my house was allowed to get into that state. Think I would be witholding my council tax

Last edited by Mick; 28-02-2009 at 11:34.
BERNADETTE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2009, 00:04   #179
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

i'm just wondering why there has been no comment from "Turkish Delight" about this meeting, surely must have heard what was actually said.
Old 28-02-2009, 00:06   #180
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
i'm just wondering why there has been no comment from "Turkish Delight" about this meeting, surely must have heard what was actually said.
She might have been ejected, for keep shouting out demands of explanation, for every simple thing that was mentioned that she didn't quite grasp.

Tags
mudslinging, politics

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..