Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-02-2009, 07:21   #196
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Re: Expenses, expenses...

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb View Post
I'm sure the residents of Emma Street would be really chuffed that, having been promised that the road be tarmaced, it has not yet been done. Claytonender, their councillor who promised it, appears to be silent on the subject.
Maybe she is trying but roads have nothing to do with Hyndburn and Lancashire County Council appear to have no interest in the roads in Hyndburn. Many of them are in a very poor state.

Stop trying to take the thread off topic, this thread is about expenses
Old 28-02-2009, 07:24   #197
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Maybe she is trying but roads have nothing to do with Hyndburn and Lancashire County Council appear to have no interest in the roads in Hyndburn. Many of them are in a very poor state.

Stop trying to take the thread off topic, this thread is about expenses
I did try but Garinda and other Labour defenders just seem to be having a go at the council rather than discussing expenses. You'd think that if Labour councillors promise to do something about a road, which is out of their remit (but the voter wouldn't know that) then they'd have some influence at county council. Which is it Claytonender? When are you going to fulfil the promise
Old 28-02-2009, 08:15   #198
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
I notice there's no mention of running a sweetie shop, or the frock shop.
It went straight from half a pound of Dolly Mixtures....to over half a million pound losses, that was shamefully wasted on the now defunct community website.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2009, 08:19   #199
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb View Post
I did try but Garinda and other Labour defenders just seem to be having a go at the council rather than discussing expenses.
I'm certainly not a 'Labour defender', as my recent scathing attack on the governmet show...to all but the most stupid.

I'm attacking rather than defending.

In this case the greedy incompetence of the local Conservative party.

Old 28-02-2009, 08:57   #200

Posted via Mobile Device
Andrew regarding Emma Street I repeat did not promise to get it tarmaced. As you are no doubt aware it is an unadopted street. What I did say is that I would try to see what could be done about it. Which is different from promising that it will be done.
What this has to do with expenses escapes me but the machinations of your mind, Andrew, never cease to amaze me. I hope you put as much effort into your studies.
claytonender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2009, 09:04   #201
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by claytonender View Post
Andrew, never cease to amaze me. I hope you put as much effort into your studies.
I'm saying nothing.

(...as I've already mentioned that he had to resit his A-levels.)

We all like a trier, and some people are very trying.

Last edited by garinda; 28-02-2009 at 09:08.
Old 28-02-2009, 09:12   #202
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
I'm saying nothing.

(...as I've already mentioned that he had to resit his A-levels.)

We all like a trier, and some people are very trying.

Off thread and irrelavant...............PS the Avatar suits you.

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2009, 09:25   #203
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
That brings up another point I made that no one answered.

How much of the budget, percentage or money wise, do the Councillors decide on compared to what is already pre decided by the Exec's and Accountants in the Council?
At lot of any budget is spoken far, wages, refuse collection, parks e.t.c.
We also have statuary responsibilities as a Council.

There is very little discretion when it comes to the main bulk of local government finance. And it's the same regardless of which party is in control

That's not to say that councillors don't have any say on where the money is spent, they do. But it tends to be on the periphery, and that's were the different political parties priorities comes in.
Bernard Dawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2009, 09:26   #204
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post
Off thread and irrelavant...............PS the Avatar suits you.
Though of course your post is right on the button and completely within the bounds of the subject matter being discussed and not just an attack for attacking's sake isn't it?

P.S. your avator is in-accurate it shows you with what appears to be a barrel of rum and still capable of standing!

Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2009, 09:37   #205
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by claytonender View Post
What this has to do with expenses escapes me but the machinations of your mind, Andrew, never cease to amaze me. I hope you put as much effort into your studies.
Happily for me, when I was a student, my 'course work' was a lot more interesting than looking at the expenses of local councillors, for whatever purpose.

Which in this case mainly seems to be as some sort of defence, to defend against the public outrage at the recent massive increases some Conservative councillors decided to award themselves, against the advised recommendations of an independent body.

Old 28-02-2009, 09:42   #206
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Though of course your post is right on the button and completely within the bounds of the subject matter being discussed and not just an attack for attacking's sake isn't it?

P.S. your avator is in-accurate it shows you with what appears to be a barrel of rum and still capable of standing!
Same old blather...I know it must be difficult to walk on water at your age...take care.

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2009, 13:25   #207
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post
Same old blather...I know it must be difficult to walk on water at your age...take care.
Made even more difficult since they put them holes in his feet.

Some people think I'm a bit of an animal, but I'm quite tender really
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2009, 14:06   #208
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benipete View Post
Made even more difficult since they put them holes in his feet.

he also had to give up eating malteezers

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2009, 15:00   #209

Andrew,

Your Mother actually agreed with some our our suggestions on Thursday night and couldn't believe just how rude and ignorant Conservative Councillors were, my husband and daughter were in the gallery and my hubby used to work with your Mum and thats what she said to him. I had to stop my speech about 5 times because the ignorant sod was trying to twitter and shout over me. Mannners cost nothing. The Hyndburn Conservatives in general don't do manners well, they are definatly not "excellent" at that
ClarePritchard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2009, 15:05   #210
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarePritchard View Post
Andrew,

Your Mother actually agreed with some our our suggestions on Thursday night and couldn't believe just how rude and ignorant Conservative Councillors were, my husband and daughter were in the gallery and my hubby used to work with your Mum and thats what she said to him. I had to stop my speech about 5 times because the ignorant sod was trying to twitter and shout over me. Mannners cost nothing. The Hyndburn Conservatives in general don't do manners well, they are definatly not "excellent" at that
That's what's so laughable, especially when Accy Web is accused of being a place of 'vile attacks' against certain public figures.

I've certainly used this forum to attack the policies and actions of some local politicans, but am yet waiting to be sued for slander for posting anything other than the truth about anyone.

I'm quite certain that certain high profile leaders have more than enough bile in them to ward off any 'vile attacks'.

Tags
mudslinging, politics

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..