Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-02-2009, 15:13   #211

Re: Expenses, expenses...

This is the gods honest truth, in my budget speech I suggested 5k for the next 3 years to help the Hyndburn Disabled Forum. I've grown up all my life seeing the problems that disabled people face, my Grandad was blind, my Mum became disabled through a car crash when I was 18 months old and my younger brother is disabled. Peter knows this very well but on Thursday night accused me of "jumping on the bandwagon of disabled people". Just proves what a lovely person he is......
ClarePritchard is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-02-2009, 15:15   #212
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarePritchard View Post
This is the gods honest truth, in my budget speech I suggested 5k for the next 3 years to help the Hyndburn Disabled Forum. I've grown up all my life seeing the problems that disabled people face, my Grandad was blind, my Mum became disabled through a car crash when I was 18 months old and my younger brother is disabled. Peter knows this very well but on Thursday night accused me of "jumping on the bandwagon of disabled people". Just proves what a lovely person he is......
After he'd accused you of 'jumping on the bandwagon', did he accept your suggestion and award the money?

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2009, 15:17   #213

No, he gave £2600. Did you get a copy of the budget and my speech from Joan?
Old 28-02-2009, 15:18   #214
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by claytonender View Post
By the way apart from Area Council Chairs (there are 3 Labour Chairs), Group Whip (1 Labour member) planing (4 LAbour members 1 Independent member) group secretary(1member) all £742 per annum - Oppostion Group Leader (1 member) Deputy Leader of Oppostion (1 @ £2194) and opposition spokesperson on planning (1 @ £1448) no other special responsiblty posts are given to any opposition members.
Just going back to this, is becoming a little clearer to me now, after a few hours of research. So, members of the opposition cannot hold the high flying, high allowance paid jobs then ? Is that just the way it is ? Can see no labour members have one particularly.

However, presume that if Labour got back in, they would not be averse to accepting these allowances ... wouldn't expect them not to. What you were saying was that he increased the 'special' allowances and would, therefore, only be paid to Conservative members ?

Ok ... have learnt quite a lot in the last 48 hours, for which I thank you, however, still think you were a little naughty in including the specials in the overall payments.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2009, 15:18   #215
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Andrew,

Your Mother actually agreed with some our our suggestions on Thursday night and couldn't believe just how rude and ignorant Conservative Councillors were, my husband and daughter were in the gallery and my hubby used to work with your Mum and thats what she said to him. I had to stop my speech about 5 times because the ignorant sod was trying to twitter and shout over me. Mannners cost nothing. The Hyndburn Conservatives in general don't do manners well, they are definatly not "excellent" at that
What you talking about Clare, I've always been a perfect gentleman, always say please and thank you, open doors for ladies and swear at Graham Jones, can't be fairer than that
Old 28-02-2009, 15:20   #216
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
thats a good reason the "WebCam" would be very useful at these meetings, if the general public had a glimpse of how P.B. behaves he perhaps would be voted into the oblivion he deserves.
Old 28-02-2009, 15:21   #217
Give, give, give member

Quote:
No, he gave £2600. Did you get a copy of the budget and my speech from Joan?
Shame.

£3,000 pounds doesn't seem an awful lot to ask for, for the Disabled Forum to be granted...placed in context of the £591,000 they wasted on the now defunct community forum.

(No, I haven't seen your speech.)

Old 28-02-2009, 15:24   #218
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Andrew,
I had to stop my speech about 5 times because the ignorant sod was trying to twitter and shout over me. Mannners cost nothing. The Hyndburn Conservatives in general don't do manners well, they are definatly not "excellent" at that
Must admit Clare, the one Council meeting I attended (will have to go to more though now, getting interested), I did note this side to Cllr Britcliffe, felt like telling him to shut up myself. Thought the Labour members took it in their stride, this was obviously his tactics and didn't do him any favours.

At times, was quite dry and witty, but council chambers are not a comedy arena ... although some may think so.
Old 28-02-2009, 15:27   #219
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Must admit Clare, the one Council meeting I attended (will have to go to more though now, getting interested), I did note this side to Cllr Britcliffe, felt like telling him to shut up myself. Thought the Labour members took it in their stride, this was obviously his tactics and didn't do him any favours.

At times, was quite dry and witty, but council chambers are not a comedy arena ... although some may think so.
It was Silly Cow (& Gate) night wasn't it?

Old 28-02-2009, 15:31   #220
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
It was Silly Cow (& Gate) night wasn't it?
Indeed ...
Old 28-02-2009, 15:35   #221
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Indeed ...
I did try to warn you not to wear your new coat that night.

Old 28-02-2009, 15:50   #222
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
I did try to warn you not to wear your new coat that night.

Eh up ... watch it ... MargaretR is on this thread ... no doubt looking this over .. LOL
Old 28-02-2009, 15:55   #223

a. He thinks he's witty
b. He does it to try and put people off (but he doen't put me off at all)
Old 28-02-2009, 16:18   #224
Give, give, give member

Quote:
a. He thinks he's witty
Seems such a shame he doesn't feel able to share his 'talents' with us on this forum.

Old 28-02-2009, 16:25   #225
Resting in Peace

Quote:
a. He thinks he's witty
a. Yes, noticed after he makes a remark, he looks around, even into the public gallery, for approval. Surprised he has not invested in one of those laughter machines.

b. Good job us women can multi-task.

Tags
mudslinging, politics

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..