Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-02-2009, 18:04   #256
Give, give, give member

Re: Expenses, expenses...

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb View Post
I think he'd do better with a cat giving him Google Page Ranking than yourself. You seem only too happy to go and attack somebody for re-siting a-levels, and even then you got your facts wrong. You should apply to be a Labour councillor.
I'm sorry you felt attacked.

(Just wait until you're allowed out into the real world. That'll be much more scary.)

Someone posted they were worried you might not be spending enough time studying, whilst you were hopelessly scrambling around, looking for some sort of defence for the shamefully increased allowances the Conservatives awarded themselves.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-02-2009, 18:07   #257
Give, give, give member

Quote:
I think he'd do better with a cat giving him Google Page Ranking than yourself.
I'd sack the cat.

It's doing a terrible job for him, and so are you.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2009, 18:11   #258
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarePritchard View Post
We all know that he reads Accy web avidly but hasn't got the balls to post personally, Area Council staff have been told to monitor Accy Web posts too, supposedly to monitor "local issues"
I really do beleive Clare that it would be a good thing if Peter did contribute on Accy Web.

One of the strengths of Accy Web in my view, is that important issues can be discussed in a civilized way.

And Councillors ought to be involved in that. After all we as Councillors make dicisions that effect peoples lives in Hyndburn.
Bernard Dawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2009, 18:16   #259
Senior Member+

Quote:
I can see your point, there are a lot of Labour lies on here. Don't worry though, I'm here to put you straight.
There are no Labour lies. (Name me a Labour lie?) Don't call me a liar unless you can prove it, or you'll get the same problem as your boss, a legal letter. I am not in the mood to deal with gutter people like you who make capital put of people's personal problems.

Never mind accepting apologies, how about apologising yourself.

If I win selection in Accy South I intend to fill it up with 10 Tory sponsors, so sick of you they are. My agent is a Thatcherite, my sponsor an ex Tory Councillor.

This is not blue v red. It's about making sure people like you never represent us.
g jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2009, 18:20   #260
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by g jones View Post
There are no Labour lies. (Name me a Labour lie?)
Okay,

Quote:
Originally Posted by claytonender
your national leader thinks people should not live in the north of England.
Didn't take long.
Old 28-02-2009, 18:25   #261
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by g jones View Post

This is not blue v red. It's about making sure people like you never represent us.
I'm very sorry that you don't want somebody who just gives our the clear representations to people, to represent you. For example when I clearly showed Hyndburn didn't have the most expensive council tax in the country. Some councillors were saying it was and trying to confuse people. Some councillors even call members of the public nasty names, and accuse them of conspiring with the council leader, they even come and post when a FOI request is made and have a huge go at a member of the public, despite it being completely legitimate.
Old 28-02-2009, 18:26   #262
God Member

Here's a little light entertainment. where do you fit in to the political equation?

Link to the Quiz!

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2009, 18:40   #263
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerself View Post
Here's a little light entertainment. where do you fit in to the political equation?

Link to the Quiz!
It had me down has a left liberal. Is that good?
Bernard Dawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2009, 18:44   #264
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Owen
What's good and what's bad? It said I was a centrist.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2009, 18:50   #265
God Member

I was a borderline centrist - but bordering with left liberal.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2009, 18:52   #266

After reading through some of these threads, i don't feel andrewb has anything to apologise for. He clearly responds with complete understanding and accurate knowledge of local issues. In my view a person with his clear qualities, determination and a common sense approach would be a very suitable candidate to hold a political position in the future. A person of this stature should be appreciated for his stance on local Politics in terms of his empathy and understanding towards the residents of Hyndburn. From one who is familiar with local Politics!
nectar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2009, 19:03   #267
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nectar View Post
After reading through some of these threads, i don't feel andrewb has anything to apologise for. He clearly responds with complete understanding and accurate knowledge of local issues. In my view a person with his clear qualities, determination and a common sense approach would be a very suitable candidate to hold a political position in the future. A person of this stature should be appreciated for his stance on local Politics in terms of his empathy and understanding towards the residents of Hyndburn. From one who is familiar with local Politics!
Heyup... here comes the cavalry!!!
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2009, 19:09   #268

Quote:
Well another one of Andrew's freinds springing to his aid. By the way just how familiar are you with local politics - I know you have posted on Andrew's far right wing website.
claytonender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2009, 19:10   #269

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Owen View Post
Well Bernard it had me down as a Libertarian - I aheve always wanted to be a 'arian' of some discription.
claytonender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2009, 19:10   #270
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
So who are you.
1 Another family member of Andrew
2 A friend of Andrew from Uni
3 A local councillor (Dobson???)

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mudslinging, politics

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..