Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-02-2009, 15:32   #16
God Member

Re: Expenses, expenses...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
bit naive that graham, they are all the same, no matter how they pretend.
sorry mate but I am absolutely your 'floating voter' I make my mind up based on what I believe is right for my community at teh time I'm voting and whats being offered.

I have no ingrained political standing that clouds my judgement and I will happily accept and support both sides based on who I believe is right.

That means I'm equally happy to challange Conservative views as much as I do Labour ( Cyfr will confirm that I do this with him on a regular basis.)

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 26-02-2009, 15:35   #17
God Member

Quote:
well ya know now n ya had the nerve to pm me about my comment in the other thread, well ya just re-inforced my view. how you have been appointed an " impartial" on here, the mind boggles.
Being a mod does not make you impartial, he is still entitled to his views and beliefs, as long as these do not adjust/taint his behaviour against those who disagree with him then I see no issue.

As teh old saying goes, I don't like what he says but I defend to teh end his right to say it.

Old 26-02-2009, 15:36   #18
God Member

Quote:
well ya know now n ya had the nerve to pm me about my comment in the other thread, well ya just re-inforced my view. how you have been appointed an " impartial" on here, the mind boggles.
Right again Mr C
Old 26-02-2009, 15:36   #19
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by g jones View Post
Could I add, The Council have got my contract right now. It's £12 a month and I within that on calls or a £1 or £2 over max (obviously my gran accounted for a huge proportion of my personal calls) and I am having problem with £7.50 data bolt on. Last months bill cost me £28.53 in data. So it is still not totally resolved.
Sorry Graham, that doesn't read correctly, care to make it sound right as I can't work out what you are trying to say

Old 26-02-2009, 15:38   #20
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi View Post
Being a mod does not make you impartial, he is still entitled to his views and beliefs, as long as these do not adjust/taint his behaviour against those who disagree with him then I see no issue.

As teh old saying goes, I don't like what he says but I defend to teh end his right to say it.
yeh but he don't like what i say n thinks i shouldn't.
Old 26-02-2009, 15:45   #21
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi View Post

One or two people may think differently but I consider myself an ordinary member of Joe Public. These threads come across as a personal vendetta, be interesting to see how ordinary I am if anybody else sees it that way
Old 26-02-2009, 15:50   #22
God Member

I don't see them as such, the data is there irrespective of which side of teh political fence wanted to publish them.

If there was merit in it then I have no doubt Graham or any Labour supporter would have done the same. As it is Cyfr did explain it is part of his on going education and like it or not it has sparked a lot of political debate which is a good thing as it makes for excellent reading and has probably eductaed a lot of people on some of teh internal workings of teh council.

For this last point teh threads stand on their own merit.

Old 26-02-2009, 15:59   #23
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
One or two people may think differently but I consider myself an ordinary member of Joe Public. These threads come across as a personal vendetta, be interesting to see how ordinary I am if anybody else sees it that way
exactly how i see it. plus i do not buy the crap that its part of on going education.i'm with katex 100% on this.
Old 26-02-2009, 16:16   #24
Senior Member+

Well I have nothing to hide;

Here's the allowances 2003-2008 (makes sure it says .xls on the end and not html -its an excel file)

Link not acceptable.... will try again...

There are two views (in Custom View menu);

1. by EXTRA allowances
2. by TOTAL allowances

It does not include hotels, conference meals, mobiles etc... I'll post that later.

Last edited by g jones; 26-02-2009 at 16:19.
g jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2009, 16:17   #25
Senior Member+

Could I add, The Council have got my CALLS contract right now. It's £12 a month and I am within that on calls, or a £1 or £2 over max (obviously my gran accounted for a huge proportion of my personal calls previously)

I am having problem with £7.50 data bolt on. Last months bill cost me £28.53 in data. So it is still not totally resolved.
Old 26-02-2009, 16:22   #26
Senior Member+

Just send me an email and I will send the Allowances Spreadsheet to anyone who requests it.

[email protected]
Old 26-02-2009, 17:02   #27
Senior Member+

Quote:
where as the leader of the opposition does not represent the council.
Therefore the reason that his food and travel is at £0!! I think Graham has given a decent explanation for his mobile bills.

This is the only post i'm going to make on this issue, because to be quite honest with you I think its pathetic! I will be no longer spending my time reading about your pathetic, childish petty squabbles! If I cared that much about the expenses then I would get the information myself. If Accyweb is just going to turn into an andrewb & g jones political mudslinging site then quite frankly I dont want anything to do with it!!

Rant over!
Lolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2009, 17:04   #28
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by g jones View Post
It's nice to know you published the only aspect that made The Leader look good and choose to not print the (damaging) rest.
The Do-do-gate ones?

The ones that earlier in the week caused Peter Britcliffe's close friend Jaysay to convey a worried message to andrewb, that somehow got delivered to myself...

'said you may have opened a can of worms with this one, don't know how your going to get out of it without dropping us right in the dodo, I know Peters Exes are very very high and will just add more fuel to the fire'

(Happily I've since been informed that it's not against forum rules to post a pm.)

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2009, 17:08   #29
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolly View Post
Therefore the reason that his food and travel is at £0!! I think Graham has given a decent explanation for his mobile bills.

This is the only post i'm going to make on this issue, because to be quite honest with you I think its pathetic! I will be no longer spending my time reading about your pathetic, childish petty squabbles! If I cared that much about the expenses then I would get the information myself. If Accyweb is just going to turn into an andrewb & g jones political mudslinging site then quite frankly I dont want anything to do with it!!

Rant over!
I agree. It's a race to the bottom and not what it should be, a race to the top. One part of me feels guilty for being party to it and one part of me is hacked off that if we say nothing, some people believe the stories they put out and honest councillors are losing their seats. Tough call.
Old 26-02-2009, 17:09   #30
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
The Do-do-gate ones?

The ones that earlier in the week caused Peter Britcliffe's close friend Jaysay to convey a worried message to andrewb, that somehow got delivered to myself...

'said you may have opened a can of worms with this one, don't know how your going to get out of it without dropping us right in the dodo, I know Peters Exes are very very high and will just add more fuel to the fire'

(Happily I've since been informed that it's not against forum rules to post a pm.)
Well I didn't know then that Busby sits on HBC 118 118 we've got his number

Tags
mudslinging, politics

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..