Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2009, 01:34   #316
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Expenses, expenses...

seems very weird to me, how total strangers to accyweb suddenly appear from nowhere occasionally n immediatly defend Andrews corner, no introduction, no tentative first few posts,etc reminds me of " Rounding Up Cattle" maybe andrews a cowboy at heart. that or he thinks everyones a dipstick.
Old 01-03-2009, 01:39   #317
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyme View Post
am guessing you have a better chance of a response when he's online ?
I'm not a very demanding person, and specified no time scale for the evidence to be submitted.

Though I fear I should have, when waiting for proof of these 'Labour lies'.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 01:52   #318
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
seems very weird to me, how total strangers to accyweb suddenly appear from nowhere occasionally n immediatly defend Andrews corner, no introduction, no tentative first few posts,etc reminds me of " Rounding Up Cattle" maybe andrews a cowboy at heart. that or he thinks everyones a dipstick.
It is odd.

I'd genuinely be ashamed if I felt I needed such backing.

Happily my Mummy and close friends only endorse what I say when I'm talking sense.

Otherwise they'd luckily tell me to stop making a total prat of myself.

Our fiercest critics are often those telling us as it really is, and not those nearest and dearest, telling us what they think we'd like to hear, or what they think is needed to further our cause.

Personally I'd be truly mortified to be in need of such backing.

Old 01-03-2009, 03:21   #319
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
It's obvious someone isn't brave enough to post any Labour 'lies'.

Come on andrewb, put your money where your mouth is.

We're waiting....
Already posted, pay more attention. Have you been getting out the wrong side of the bed this week though? A lot of your posts are particularly nasty, didn't really think it was your nature to say some of the things you have been.
Old 01-03-2009, 05:28   #320
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb View Post
Already posted, pay more attention. Have you been getting out the wrong side of the bed this week though? A lot of your posts are particularly nasty, didn't really think it was your nature to say some of the things you have been.
Nasty? got out the wrong side of bed?.. you Tories have been more than simple nasty for hundred of years... you blab on the same line of freedom and equality while at the same time are.. and always have been corrupt...underhand.. a disgrace to this country that is known all over the world.. not only in Accrington!
You people feed on lies and propaganda.
Whoever you are I say you are scum...and should be deported!
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 05:35   #321
God Member

Oh bye the bye I'm not a "floating voter"
Old 01-03-2009, 08:46   #322
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Not at all.

Let's just say I've seen a different side to you recently, and I've discovered you are someone I certainly wouldn't trust.

I used to afford you the benfit of the doubt, now I don't.

Old 01-03-2009, 08:50   #323
God Member

Quote:
Not at all.

Let's just say I've seen a different side to you recently, and I've discovered you are someone I certainly wouldn't trust.

Well that's lovely Garinda, as I've been entirely truthful. Never mind that, I wasn't just referring to myself. I don't think lack of trust in somebody means you should be nasty to them, nor do I think disagreeing with them means you should be nasty.
Old 01-03-2009, 08:54   #324
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Well that's lovely Garinda, as I've been entirely truthful. Never mind that, I wasn't just referring to myself. I don't think lack of trust in somebody means you should be nasty to them, nor do I think disagreeing with them means you should be nasty.
I'm sorry...that you think I've been nasty.

Old 01-03-2009, 08:57   #325
God Member

Quote:
Not at all.

What side was it you think Andrew showed?.. I'll say at least he has been on the wrong side from the start... typical tory.. nice words and hugging but cut you to the bone if you are a union member or dare to attack Thatcher...he has been consistant and I sussed him out from the start.. a right wing Tory no matter what.

Last edited by Mancie; 01-03-2009 at 08:59. Reason: cos I don't like em
Old 01-03-2009, 08:58   #326
God Member

As I've been entirely truthful, your lack of trust in me I'm unsure where it comes from. I do think I may have seen another side of you, I always saw the side of gentle Garinda, having a bit of political fun. I don't really see that in some of your posts recently, they're very personal at individual members.
Old 01-03-2009, 09:10   #327
Give, give, give member

Quote:
As I've been entirely truthful, your lack of trust in me I'm unsure where it comes from. I do think I may have seen another side of you, I always saw the side of gentle Garinda, having a bit of political fun. I don't really see that in some of your posts recently, they're very personal at individual members.
I don't think I've posted anything that's broke the forum's rules.

(Well besides thread wandering, but as you are perpetuating it, that must be okay...in this instance.)

Nor do I recall posting anything that wasn't already in the public arena.

As I said, I used to put you obsessive shrillness about certain topics down to youthful enthusiasm, after more careful consideration, and by what I've seen for myself recently, that's no longer the case.

Old 01-03-2009, 09:42   #328
Give, give, give member

'With the economy plunging deeper into recession, and inflation likely to drop below 0% into deflation, the CBI has warned that the “overwhelming majority” of its members will freeze wages this year.'

'Tens of thousands of other private-sector workers are also likely to see their earnings slashed. Several professional firms have reduced salaries by 20% by putting employees on a four-day week.'

'A snapshot survey by the British Chambers of Commerce shows that 30% of businesses are planning to cut working hours. David Frost, its director-general, said: “Across the country I am hearing more and more businesses left with no choice but to freeze and cut pay.'

“It is unacceptable that the public sector should not share any of this pain.''

Pay freeze looms for millions - Times Online

Perhaps he should have added, after his last comment, 'unless of course you are the Conservative Leader of Hyndburn Borough Council, in Lancashire'.

'His basic allowance has jumped from £17,032 to £19,842, but he is also allowed to claim allowances for more than one special responsibility, which has led to the extra £5,000 he can claim.
This equates to a whopping pay increase of around 20 per cent.'

Expenses rise sparks fury in council chamber - News - Accrington Observer

'They approved a 49 per cent rise in their overnight stay allowance.'

Council makes a meal of rises - News - Accrington Observer

Old 01-03-2009, 09:44   #329

Quote:
Andrew over the last few weeks you appear to have set out to discredit by whatever means (and some of your means have been very underhand) Graham Jones. I don't have any problem with you being a Ultra Right Wing Tory, but to stoop tot the level you have done recently is completely unacceptable in my book.

I know you will say that this post is because I am a member of the Labour Party, but if I thought Graham had done anything underhand or wrong I would be the first to let him know. Despite Graham explaining the problems he encountered last year - and he is to be commended on how he looked after his Grandmother, (whilst holding down a Full Time job and doing all his work as a ward councillor and running for re-election to Hyndburn Council). Do you think you could do that? Frankly I don't think you could - maybe if when you are no longer a student (paid from from my taxes) and you enter the real world, you might appreciate just how hard working and honest, people like Graham Jones are.

Rant now over with.
claytonender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 09:55   #330
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by claytonender View Post
Andrew over the last few weeks you appear to have set out to discredit by whatever means (and some of your means have been very underhand) Graham Jones. I don't have any problem with you being a Ultra Right Wing Tory, but to stoop tot the level you have done recently is completely unacceptable in my book.

I know you will say that this post is because I am a member of the Labour Party, but if I thought Graham had done anything underhand or wrong I would be the first to let him know. Despite Graham explaining the problems he encountered last year - and he is to be commended on how he looked after his Grandmother, (whilst holding down a Full Time job and doing all his work as a ward councillor and running for re-election to Hyndburn Council). Do you think you could do that? Frankly I don't think you could - maybe if when you are no longer a student (paid from from my taxes) and you enter the real world, you might appreciate just how hard working and honest, people like Graham Jones are.

Rant now over with.
It's very easy to take the moral high ground from the safety of the ivory tower that is higher education, rather than the much more brutal world of reality.

The real world where people are struggling to fed themselves and their families, and juggle what little money they have to pay their Council Tax bills, and directly fund such shamefully massive pay increases that some councillors have decided to award themselves.

Tags
mudslinging, politics

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..