Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2009, 12:40   #361
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Expenses, expenses...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarePritchard View Post
I'm amazed that Tukish Delight, being a fair-minded and unbiased individual, hasn't seen fit to post just how many times I was rudely interupted during my budget speech on Thursday night, so much s that my 11 year old daughter wanted to tell Peter to grow up and stop acting like a 5 year old.
yah forgot to add the sarcastic smiley Clare.
Old 01-03-2009, 12:46   #362

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
given that you seem so hot on people breaking forum rules, why may i ask have you chosen "Not" to comment on my earlier post, demonstrating how i thought andrew had broken them Biased n Hypocritical spring to mind.
Yes good point. I did think about that one and questioned it. I was infact informed that this was not a breech of the forum rules, however i dont know if this is correct. One would have to speak for themselves on that issue.
turkishdelight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 12:49   #363
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkishdelight View Post
Yes good point. I did think about that one and questioned it. I was infact informed that this was not a breech of the forum rules, however i dont know if this is correct. One would have to speak for themselves on that issue.

Now I'm totally confused. You are adamant that a rule that doesn't exist does exist, but a rule that was broken doesn't exist ?
Old 01-03-2009, 12:51   #364
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
well as i posted the forum rules n since have learned that the party whose number was posted was "NOT" aware, i think it is very very wrong to make assumptions that he would not mind, therefore i stand by my comment,it is a Clear breach of forum rules, n far more implications to it than the one you harp on about.
Old 01-03-2009, 12:55   #365
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
One would have to speak for themselves on that issue.
If we were allowed to speak for ourselves there would be no rules and therefore no need for moderators, however we all are human and do get over enthusiastic, which is why we have rules (or as I would prefer to call them guidelines), which should but aren't always adhered to by most of us, however it should be seen that a mod/admin is bending over backwards not only to stick to the rules but also, not be biased when applying them to others.

So would you as a 'sensible' person agree that a mod/admin starting a thread should voluntarily dis-allow themselves from deciding what is correct and incorrect in a thread they have started?
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 12:58   #366

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarePritchard View Post
I'm amazed that Tukish Delight, being a fair-minded and unbiased individual, hasn't seen fit to post just how many times I was rudely interupted during my budget speech on Thursday night, so much s that my 11 year old daughter wanted to tell Peter to grow up and stop acting like a 5 year old.
Yes Clare I will only speak the truth no matter what political party is involved you gave a good informative speech that evening, you where indeed rudely interupted and i myself would have taken much offense to this type of behaviour it should not be tolerated by either parties, we are all individuals at the end of the day and have the right to be treated with respect. If i could have spoke on that evening i would have stated that it was out of order and i also didnt like the terms used to another refering to That Women.I would also like to say the idea of gates on the alley ways was brilliant hope you can implement this in the future.
Old 01-03-2009, 12:59   #367
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb View Post

Graham could have come to me and asked if I had requested the information, but he decided to go ahead anyway and try to drag my name through mud without understanding any of the facts fully. He hates Conservatives so much that he can't see past it to think logically.
And equally, you could have gone to Graham and probably Clare, Joan and Bernard who all post on here to ask your question without going through Freedom of Information.

I hate to point this out but you and Graham are far more alike than either of you would like to think. I know that you're both extremely passionate about what you believe in but the name calling and pettiness on here doesn't do either of you or your causes any favours.

You both seem to want the 'truth' but then can't accept it if someone else's 'truth' doesn't match your version of it.

Two wrongs don't make a right!!!!!

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 13:02   #368

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
well as i posted the forum rules n since have learned that the party whose number was posted was "NOT" aware, i think it is very very wrong to make assumptions that he would not mind, therefore i stand by my comment,it is a Clear breach of forum rules, n far more implications to it than the one you harp on about.
My point is just as important to me.
Old 01-03-2009, 13:10   #369
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
My point is just as important to me.
i never said yer point was not important to you, i said the "implications"were far more, i would have thought you as a "Professional" person would have grasped that.
Old 01-03-2009, 13:15   #370
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle View Post
And equally, you could have gone to Graham and probably Clare, Joan and Bernard who all post on here to ask your question without going through Freedom of Information.

I hate to point this out but you and Graham are far more alike than either of you would like to think. I know that you're both extremely passionate about what you believe in but the name calling and pettiness on here doesn't do either of you or your causes any favours.

You both seem to want the 'truth' but then can't accept it if someone else's 'truth' doesn't match your version of it.

Good post Gayle, i am prohibited from sending karma though!
Old 01-03-2009, 13:21   #371
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle View Post

Good point, I think one of the main differences is that I don't hate people for their political beliefs though.

As for PM'ing, as I was one individual he could have done that. For me it would have been silly to message the councillors that use this forum and then single out every other councillor when I went and applied for my FOI. It makes much more sense to do it all at once, and may I add that by doing it through a FOI request or by doing it by PM, it does not launch it into the public in the way that Graham decided to do by posting it on this forum.
Old 01-03-2009, 13:38   #372

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb View Post
Good point, I think one of the main differences is that I don't hate people for their political beliefs though.

As for PM'ing, as I was one individual he could have done that. For me it would have been silly to message the councillors that use this forum and then single out every other councillor when I went and applied for my FOI. It makes much more sense to do it all at once, and may I add that by doing it through a FOI request or by doing it by PM, it does not launch it into the public in the way that Graham decided to do by posting it on this forum.
You could have emailed each councillor and asked them if they would send you the information. By requesting the information that way, you could have stated that you were asking every councillor for the information for research for your studies. As I was not a councillor in 2007-2008, I only became aware of the FOI from Accyweb, then received a call from another Labour member, who thought that they were the only person you had requested information about and asked if I knew who you were.
You have only added to the "conspiracy" theory by starting this thread-implying that Graham was abusing the use of his HBC provided mobile phone.

Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by claytonender; 01-03-2009 at 13:42.
claytonender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 13:41   #373
Caz
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by claytonender View Post
You could have emailed each councillor and asked them if they would send you the information. By requesting the information that way, you could have stated that you were asking every councillor for the information for research for your studies. As I was not a councillor in 2007-2008, I only became aware of the FOI from Accyweb, then received a call from another Labour member, who thought that they were the only person you had requested information about and asked if I knew who you were.

Posted via Mobile Device
Seem to remember that idea being raised at the beginning of the FOI thread several times?

I am not young enough to know everything.
- Oscar Wilde
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 13:43   #374
Caz
God Member

Am I correct in thinking that Alleygating is something that Labour have been trying to implement for at least 6 years, especially in springhill and Central

I am not young enough to know everything.
- Oscar Wilde
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 14:02   #375

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caz View Post
Am I correct in thinking that Alleygating is something that Labour have been trying to implement for at least 6 years, especially in springhill and Central
Yes it is - I think there has been aan attempt to get an order implementing it but it was requested under the wrong legislation and turned down . Sounds about right doesn't it
claytonender is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mudslinging, politics

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..