Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-02-2009, 20:49   #61
God Member

Re: Expenses, expenses...

have you ANY evidence that Andrew has abused his Mod power?

If not then why have such an issue with it. I know Roy would not put up with it if anything like that happened and knowing Andrew persoanlly I know he isn't petty or short sighted enough to do such a thing. whether you like his political views or not I find him to be an HONEST and decent young man.

I don't think he has done anything wrong here. Graham has left and created a huge amount of confusion with his posts hence my Qs to try and clarify it.

e.g. Graham quotes figure of 12 quid a month yet expenses show 1400 a year, these fiugures simply don't add up.

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 26-02-2009, 20:53   #62
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
Far too many coulds in that sentence.
Even though we all often disagree with his views, he's well entitled to them.
I don't see how his moderator status is being abused. Until it is, it's a mute point.
Perhaps when he issues personal messages to members, telling them not to do certain things, he could perhaps tell us if he's wearing his moderator's hat, or that of an ordinary member.

So we can either abide by the edict, if it's a breach of forum rules, or in the case of his own opinion, we are then free to tell him where to go, without fear of banishment.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2009, 20:54   #63
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Perhaps when he issues personal messages to members, telling them not to do certain things, he could perhaps tell us if he's wearing his moderator's hat, or that of an ordinary member.

So we can either abide by the edict, if it's a breach of forum rules, or in the case of his own opinion, we are then free to tell him where to go, without fear of banishment.
That I would agree with.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2009, 20:56   #64
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Far too many coulds in that sentence.
Even though we all often disagree with his views, he's well entitled to them.
I don't see how his moderator status is being abused. Until it is, it's a mute point.
The word could is used because he is in a position were he COULD use it to his advantage, I hope he doesn't.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2009, 20:57   #65
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi View Post
I never said he has.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2009, 21:02   #66
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
The word could is used because he is in a position were he COULD use it to his advantage, I hope he doesn't.
I'm in a position where I could throw my laptop at the wall to avoid reading certain members' posts. I hope I don't!
Old 26-02-2009, 21:02   #67
God Member

IMHO unless he identifies himself as a mod in his posts or PMs then he is as a normal member.

No one has ever questioned other mods views even though they have in teh past been controversial. why so with Andrew, is it because his are 'political' views as opposed to views about ' normal' life. If so then I feel for teh future of this country that people are prepared to fall out, not trust, change behaviour with a person just because they see things differently than you. isn't that where we were with systems like apartheid, racism, slavery etc. You can have views about something that don't fit with your friends without them getting in the way of friendship, respect etc.

Graham often quotes teh "Race to teh bottom" in his posts, I'd rather it be a race to honesty and clarity irrespective of what side of the red/blue line that falls then we as voters can make our own decisions based on fact rather than propaganda.

Old 26-02-2009, 21:03   #68
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post

obviously to more than 1 member.

Quote:
That I would agree with.
good.

Quote:
thats the grey area, you obviously have not recieved a P.M. were that issue is not clear, so ya would say that. i honestly am not sure.
Old 26-02-2009, 21:06   #69
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
Personally I feel andrewb has done himself no favours in this thread, yet again he has tried and failed to get the upper hand on g jones. I'm not happy with him being so bias against members of this forum and will be sending Roy a PM asking that he is no longer allowed to be a moderator of this site. I believe he could be in a position where he could use his moderator tag for his own gain, which under no circumstances should that be allowed.
Quote:
I never said he has.
but you feel happy to send Roy a PM to remove his mod powers based on no evidence or even any recognition that you even suspect him of doing anything wrong. so how does that fit with comon sense cause I find I'm struggling to work it out myself.

If you think he's done something then fair enough but be striong enough to say so, if not then why even think of passing comment.

Old 26-02-2009, 21:12   #70
Give, give, give member

Quote:
IMHO unless he identifies himself as a mod in his posts or PMs then he is as a normal member.

No one has ever questioned other mods views even though they have in teh past been controversial. why so with Andrew, is it because his are 'political' views as opposed to views about ' normal' life. If so then I feel for teh future of this country that people are prepared to fall out, not trust, change behaviour with a person just because they see things differently than you. isn't that where we were with systems like apartheid, racism, slavery etc. You can have views about something that don't fit with your friends without them getting in the way of friendship, respect etc.

Graham often quotes teh "Race to teh bottom" in his posts, I'd rather it be a race to honesty and clarity irrespective of what side of the red/blue line that falls then we as voters can make our own decisions based on fact rather than propaganda.
Until very recently I've more than easily been able to distinguish between the official and the personal, from every single moderator on the site, when it comes to pm's.

After this week that is no longer the case, and if you can't see that you obviously haven't recieved such a messsage, one which is confusing as to it's status.

I took the risk of being banned, and hoped mine was a personal message of petulance, rather than an offical one.

It would avoid a conflict of interests if it was made clear as to which hat a moderator was wearing, when it comes to issuing demands.

Then there'd be no confusion.

Last edited by garinda; 26-02-2009 at 21:16.
garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2009, 21:17   #71
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

funny how someone who is impartial n believes in free speech don't grasp that.
Old 26-02-2009, 22:29   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
So you don't want to admit to being Andrew's mum, is he that bad?
No not the case at all. I just wanted to be honest, and im very proud of him like any mum would be but its not to be used in a un-professional way.
turkishdelight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2009, 22:33   #73
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkishdelight View Post
No not the case at all. I just wanted to be honest, and im very proud of him like any mum would be but its not to be used in a un-professional way.
Why is there a need to be professional on this board?
Any road - Andrew is a student, not a politician or any kind of professional just yet
Old 26-02-2009, 22:36   #74
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkishdelight View Post
In what sense are you using "professional" ... does it have specific application, or is it merely a marketing buzzword .... used in the sense that automobile repair shops advertise that they have "professional" mechanics, as opposed to - I dunno - maybe hamfisted, low expectation, hamburger flippers who have never handled a wrench in their lives.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2009, 22:37   #75
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Why is there a need to be professional on this board?
Any road - Andrew is a student, not a politician or any kind of professional just yet
yeh aint the only one who thinks that shaker, has been mentioned earlier in thread, seems ignoring certain things runs in the family.

Tags
mudslinging, politics

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..