Accrington Web
   

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!


Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!



Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-02-2009, 01:46   #76
Give, give, give member
 
garinda's Avatar
 

Re: Expenses, expenses...

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkishdelight View Post
No not the case at all. I just wanted to be honest, and im very proud of him like any mum would be but its not to be used in a un-professional way.
Fair enough, but it was your choice to inform us of the fact that you're his mother. It's not a mandatoy rule. As stated in another thread there are lots of members of this forum in some way related to each other. We are neither interested, nor care very much, because their posts are as valid as everyone else's.

We are generally a trusting bunch on here, and if someone agrees, or disagrees with someone else, we usually accept that they are posting what they actually believe in, and not supporting someone because of any ties, be those ties of fiendship or kinship. The same applies to you.

In the past, on some heated debates, we've occasionally had some youngsters join up, vehemently supporting one particular side of an argument, who then all but disappear from the forum, never to be seen again, usually at the end of a term.

If they joined, having no particular links to the area, and had any sort of relationship/connection to any other member, they certainly didn't see a need to inform us of their bias.

It's happened quite a few times, perhaps your ever so transparent son might fill you in on the details of such threads.
__________________
'If you're going to be a Kant, be the very best Kant there is my son.'
Johann Georg Kant, father of Immanuel Kant, philosopher.






garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 27-02-2009, 01:55   #77
God Member
 

Re: Expenses, expenses...

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Fair enough, there are lots of members of this forum in some way related to each other.
....hang on ere.. we all know what folk from up top side of Ossie get up to but don't tar us all with the same brush!
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2009, 02:01   #78
Give, give, give member
 
garinda's Avatar
 

Re: Expenses, expenses...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
....hang on ere.. we all know what folk from up top side of Ossie get up to but don't tar us all with the same brush!
Awwww don't feel left out, you're like family too.

You're looked on as a dear old uncle, who got sent far away many years ago, to a more secure place, for everyone's sake.
__________________
'If you're going to be a Kant, be the very best Kant there is my son.'
Johann Georg Kant, father of Immanuel Kant, philosopher.






garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2009, 03:13   #79
God Member
 
andrewb's Avatar
 

Re: Expenses, expenses...

I see a few of you have been confused. Well, I don't think being called a person who compares me with Hitler, is really that good a call, cashman, I can't believe you wonder why I disagree with you.

Garinda, It's quite clear that you're using the family link, that's okay my friend, nobody will stop you from doing so, its nothing on me if you don't have a good argument.

I will never use the status I have been given, wrongly as anybody who has used the forum will know, the existing moderators would be the first to object if I did, and good on them.

As for the original post, I am not, a nasty person, I did not target anybody. If personal calls have been used for council tax payers money, that is not my fault. If it hasn't, then I'm sure people will be glad to hear the 1400 bill has been subsidised for personal calls.
__________________
formerly cyfr
andrewb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2009, 03:43   #80
God Member
 
Eric's Avatar
 

Re: Expenses, expenses...

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb View Post
I see a few of you have been confused. Well, I don't think being called a person who compares me with Hitler, is really that good a call, cashman, I can't believe you wonder why I disagree with you.

Garinda, It's quite clear that you're using the family link, that's okay my friend, nobody will stop you from doing so, its nothing on me if you don't have a good argument.

I will never use the status I have been given, wrongly as anybody who has used the forum will know, the existing moderators would be the first to object if I did, and good on them.

As for the original post, I am not, a nasty person, I did not target anybody. If personal calls have been used for council tax payers money, that is not my fault. If it hasn't, then I'm sure people will be glad to hear the 1400 bill has been subsidised for personal calls.
Is there a version of this in English
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2009, 04:25   #81
God Member
 

Re: Expenses, expenses...

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb View Post
I see a few of you have been confused. Well, I don't think being called a person who compares me with Hitler,.

As for the original post, I am not, a nasty person,
You may not be a "nasty person" ...but to my mind you do step up and take what lets say ....an extreme Tory attitude in your posts..... you have grown up ... and become a slog hard Tory... and there we were hoping you might have gained at least the basics of the world we live in ... but no... you have taken the path of a very good education given to you by hard working people ...and slapped them in the face.

Last edited by Mancie; 27-02-2009 at 04:29.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2009, 07:33   #82
God Member
 
entwisi's Avatar
 

Re: Expenses, expenses...

hard working tories don't pay tax nowadays then do they? Perhaps I should join them after looking how much tax I paid this month.

You want to educate people to think then castigate them when they do? Thats a very strange world you live in Mancie
__________________
Ian

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2009, 08:20   #83
Give, give, give member
 
garinda's Avatar
 

Re: Expenses, expenses...

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb View Post

Garinda, It's quite clear that you're using the family link, that's okay my friend, nobody will stop you from doing so, its nothing on me if you don't have a good argument.

I will never use the status I have been given
Like I've already said, and I certainly don't lie, I've found a recent pm from yourself very confusing, as to which hat you were wearing when it was sent.

Was it the demand of a moderator, or that of an ordinary member?

Happily I guessed rightly, because I'm still here.

As for your family relationships, again, you chose to mention it, no one else.

I think you might have to get used to the fact that it might be referred to from time to time, and stop throwing your dummy out of the pram, every time it's mentioned.
__________________
'If you're going to be a Kant, be the very best Kant there is my son.'
Johann Georg Kant, father of Immanuel Kant, philosopher.






garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2009, 08:57   #84
Give, give, give member
 
garinda's Avatar
 

Re: Expenses, expenses...

Peter Britcliffe Total Allowances 2004-2005 17,201.05

Peter Britcliffe Total Allowances 2007-2008 27,760.59


Nice work if you can get it, and have the privilege of deciding what percentage pay increase you think you're worth.

I bet there are lots of workers, both in the private and public sector, who wish they were in the same position, that of deciding themselves that they deserve such a massive increase.
__________________
'If you're going to be a Kant, be the very best Kant there is my son.'
Johann Georg Kant, father of Immanuel Kant, philosopher.







Last edited by garinda; 27-02-2009 at 09:05.
garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2009, 09:10   #85
Senior Member
 
claytonender's Avatar
 

Re: Expenses, expenses...

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb View Post
As for the original post, I am not, a nasty person, I did not target anybody. If personal calls have been used for council tax payers money, that is not my fault. If it hasn't, then I'm sure people will be glad to hear the 1400 bill has been subsidised for personal calls.
Can you 100% prove that those personal calls not used for Hyndburn Council business were not reimbursed - you very conveniently did not request that information in your FOI.

Maybe you should now do another FOI and request the value of the any reimbursement to HBC by any of the councillors who had HBC mobile phones in the 2007 to 2008 municipal year.
claytonender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2009, 09:10   #86
God Member
 
andrewb's Avatar
 

Re: Expenses, expenses...

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Like I've already said, and I certainly don't lie, I've found a recent pm from yourself very confusing, as to which hat you were wearing when it was sent.

Was it the demand of a moderator, or that of an ordinary member?

Happily I guessed rightly, because I'm still here.

As for your family relationships, again, you chose to mention it, no one else.

I think you might have to get used to the fact that it might be referred to from time to time, and stop throwing your dummy out of the pram, every time it's mentioned.
You could ask me if you're unsure, or you could spread it around the forum to make your weak arguments seem better, your call. I can see which one you went for. If you have a problem then please report my post/message or give me a PM. This isn't for this thread.
__________________
formerly cyfr
andrewb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2009, 09:11   #87
Give, give, give member
 
garinda's Avatar
 

Re: Expenses, expenses...

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Peter Britcliffe Total Allowances 2004-2005 17,201.05

Peter Britcliffe Total Allowances 2007-2008 27,760.59


Nice work if you can get it, and have the privilege of deciding what percentage pay increase you think you're worth.

I bet there are lots of workers, both in the private and public sector, who wish they were in the same position, that of deciding themselves that they deserve such a massive increase.
This week I found out that one big employer in Hyndburn is about to put it's entire workfoce of over a hundered workers on short time for the foreseeable future, cutting their income by a third.

Still, at least they can take comfort in the fact, as they scrape around to find the money to pay their increased Council Tax bills, that they are paying to employ the very best that money can buy.
__________________
'If you're going to be a Kant, be the very best Kant there is my son.'
Johann Georg Kant, father of Immanuel Kant, philosopher.






garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2009, 09:14   #88
God Member
 
andrewb's Avatar
 

Re: Expenses, expenses...

Quote:
Originally Posted by claytonender View Post
Can you 100% prove that those personal calls not used for Hyndburn Council business were not reimbursed - you very conveniently did not request that information in your FOI.

Maybe you should now do another FOI and request the value of the any reimbursement to HBC by any of the councillors who had HBC mobile phones in the 2007 to 2008 municipal year.
No I can't, which is why council tax payers would love to hear that our money has not been used for personal phone calls. I did actually ask for subsidised figures, but they don't seem to have been provided.
__________________
formerly cyfr
andrewb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2009, 09:15   #89
Senior Member
 
claytonender's Avatar
 

Re: Expenses, expenses...

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Peter Britcliffe Total Allowances 2004-2005 17,201.05

Peter Britcliffe Total Allowances 2007-2008 27,760.59


Nice work if you can get it, and have the privilege of deciding what percentage pay increase you think you're worth.

I bet there are lots of workers, both in the private and public sector, who wish they were in the same position, that of deciding themselves that they deserve such a massive increase.
Maybe Andrew would like to comment on the information I posted earlier in this thread itemising Peter Britcliffe's member's allowance since the 2003-2004 year.- but probably not because it shows his party in a bad light. Most of the council tax payers of Hyndburn would love to have had a 75.68% increase since 2003-2004.
claytonender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2009, 09:20   #90
God Member
 
andrewb's Avatar
 

Re: Expenses, expenses...

Quote:
Originally Posted by claytonender View Post
Maybe Andrew would like to comment on the information I posted earlier in this thread itemising Peter Britcliffe's member's allowance since the 2003-2004 year.- but probably not because it shows his party in a bad light. Most of the council tax payers of Hyndburn would love to have had a 75.68% increase since 2003-2004.
I'd rather comment on the thread at hand, about the expenses. If you want to divert into allowances for the hard work councillors do in keeping our council tax down, then please, go ahead, start another thread. Currently we're discussing the cost of the Labour leaders mobile phone bill, I hope you can join us.
__________________
formerly cyfr
andrewb is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
mudslinging, politics

Thread Tools



Other sites of interest.. More town sites..




All times are GMT. The time now is 07:33.


2003-2013 AccringtonWeb.com


Page generated in 0.55618 seconds with 12 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1