Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-05-2005, 14:57   #31
God Member

Re: Extremist Web

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billcat
My opinion is that this driller is just coming here to try to start fights. He's one of those folks who I find it better to ignore. It's pretty obvious that using this site for amusement (unless one has a very strange sense of how to be amused) or serious discussion is not anything he is interested in.

Wish we had an "ignore" option, so I would no longer have to see his posts!
It does'nt matter...he's banned anyway. A shame really...apart from the gratutious insults (which have no effect on me anyway) it is occaisionally refreshing to have someone with totally wacky ideas making postings.
Accrington Web
Old 24-05-2005, 14:58   #32
Beacon of light

Thumbs down Re: Extremist Web

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller
NAZI bastard
Driller......Am I wrong in thinking this is an extreme opinion that you have posted.......?
You can't call the whole of the website extremist and then post an extremist comment yourself.

You must have looked at the site before you joined.......if you find it so offensive why do you stay.......?
Old 24-05-2005, 14:59   #33
Foreign Correspondent

I note with interest that Driller has a lot of loose change lying about. My effort to relive him of some of that loot unfortunately was unsuccessful. Perhaps someone else can do better? I know that Lindsay is trying to build up enough ackers to kennel two petz (one belonging to her daugher) while she heads away on holiday. If anyone else wants to play Robin Hood, driller seems to be a good choice to cast on the role of Nottignham.

When in darkness or in doubt, visit Oswaldtwistle!
Old 24-05-2005, 15:01   #34
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf
It does'nt matter...he's banned anyway. A shame really...apart from the gratutious insults (which have no effect on me anyway) it is occaisionally refreshing to have someone with totally wacky ideas making postings.
Yes just what is expected.. anyone who has "wacky" ideas such as calling for sterilization of young girls, calling babies "bastards" should be banned.
Old 24-05-2005, 15:06   #35
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MANU
Yes just what is expected.. anyone who has "wacky" ideas such as calling for sterilization of young girls, calling babies "bastards" should be banned.
Oh dear....this sounds familiar.

Anyway, just to change the subject slightly. Now that Driller is banned, can I have my Ackers back? It cost me 100 trying to nick some off him, without success. I notice Billcat tried to do the same, and it cost him 200, so please can we have 'em back?
Old 24-05-2005, 15:11   #36
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller
Just quick appraisal of the site .. extreme views on the unemployed, extreme views on the asian people in the community, posts that attack the least protected in the community, badgering of anyone who does not share thier opinions, members who regulary post extremist views from the national press, members who make up extremist propaganda, the use of bad language that the moderators accept if it in their own intrests...

thats me banned
The monitors or administrators of this site decided to stop my access to the forums..strange? afraid of people who confront the your (slash,kill,burn) attidude?
Old 24-05-2005, 15:18   #37
Senior Member+

how can a child be a bastard ? a bastard is fatherless...and the last time i knew the only way a woman could get pregnant was by the sperm produced by man ..thus being the childs father ...so no child in this world is fatherless and to call them bastards is nothing less than ignorant ...

a proper football club,built on the foundations laid by a true fan..andy dunn notw 08....fantastic !!!
Old 24-05-2005, 15:33   #38
Beacon of light

Biologically, every child has a father........but there are many children who are morally bereft of the male parent.
Old 24-05-2005, 15:38   #39
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington
Biologically, every child has a father........but there are many children who are morally bereft of the male parent.
i agree but they are NOT bastards and people who call them that will get no respect off me because it is pure ignorance ....but hey thats jusy my view margaret

a proper football club,built on the foundations laid by a true fan..andy dunn notw 08....fantastic !!!
Old 24-05-2005, 15:39   #40
Beacon of light

The dictionary definition of a 'Bastard'.......is a child born out of wedlock....... illegitimate......person regarded with dislike or pity(colloquillism).....a hybrid.

so the use of the word bastard in this instance is correct........it is not being used as a derogatory term.......just stating a fact.

We have got so used to equating the term 'bastard' with the derogatory meaning that we have forgotten the real meaning of the word.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 24-05-2005 at 15:43. Reason: sausage fingers....oops!
Old 24-05-2005, 15:42   #41
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackburn Raver
bastard is fatherless
You seem to be having trouble with what is presumably your native language Blackburn Raver. I hope the following clarifies things for you.

From the Oxford English Dictionary:

bastard

/baastrd/ • noun 1 archaic or derogatory an illegitimate person.

illegitimate

/illijittimt/ • adjective 1 not in accordance with the law or accepted standards. 2 (of a child) born of parents not lawfully married to each other.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
Old 24-05-2005, 15:44   #42
Beacon of light

Oh........yerself... great minds and all that!
Old 24-05-2005, 15:45   #43
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington
The dictionary definition of a 'Bastard'.......is a child born out of wedlock....... illegitimate......person regarded with dislike or pity(colloquillism).....a hybrid.

so the use of the wors bastard in this instance is correct........it is not being used as a derogatory term.......just stating a fact.
but we no longer live in the past where that term was acceptable this is they year 2005 and not 1905 or even 1955 many of my friends are parents and they are not wed some are even single parents just because a child is born out of wedlock DOES NOT make it illigitimate and a bastard .......ignorance is bliss

Old 24-05-2005, 15:47   #44
Beacon of light

But we are not using the term in a derogatory sense........these children are illegitimate.
Old 24-05-2005, 15:48   #45
Beacon of light

However, I respect your right to that opinion.
Closed Thread

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..