Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree30Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2016, 13:45   #16
Beacon of light

Re: F.I.F.A & Poppies

It looks like the F.A. are set to defy FIFA and take the consequences.
Unless there is a complaint then it seems like no action will be taken by FIFA.....and if there is a complaint, then the F.A. will be likely to mount a legal challenge of the interpretation of the rules.
Eric likes this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-11-2016, 16:04   #17
Full Member+

I should think so too.
Rowlf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 18:55   #18
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Fifa let this pass, so someone somewhere needs to be gotten a grip of.

Ireland's 1916 centenary jersey brought into Poppy controversy debate by British MP | SportsJOE.ie
Old 03-11-2016, 22:50   #19
Senior Member+

I listened to the FIFA spokeswoman - whoever she is. Inevitably I have a few questions.
1. Who is she
2. Where does she come from.
3. Does she have a background in football, either as a player or coach/manager - in other words what qualification does she have
4. Why the hell should we take any notice of her or FIFA - as Teresa May said - "FIFA, put your own house in order"
Old 04-11-2016, 06:57   #20
Beacon of light

Here you are Barrie.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fatma_Samoura
This gives you the answers to your questions.
Barrie Yates likes this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 09:36   #21
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
3. Does she have a background in football, either as a player or coach/manager - in other words what qualification does she have
"
According to Whiny leftie-pc-equality & diversity,virtue signalling, box ticking agendarists,

Female? x
Black x
Lesby?
disabled?

2 out of 4, the other 2 are desirable but not necessary so on the lefty righteousness scale .... yeah she's qualified!
cashman likes this.

Last edited by DaveinGermany; 04-11-2016 at 09:43.
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2016, 15:38   #22
Full Member+

I have just read that FIFA is starting disciplinary proceedings against the Wales FA which includes 'fans wearing poppies ' during the match with Serbia on Nov 12th. It was bad enough them taking action over the players wearing armbands with a poppy on but what right have they to object to the supporters wearing them. How they can say that it is political or religious in the first place I do not know. Someone ought to tell them loud and clear that but for the men and women those poppies represent they would not enjoy their freedom. As for the teams that wore the poppy if I had anything to do with it they would refuse to pay any fine they imposed.
Old 23-11-2016, 16:14   #23
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

All the teams that wanted to wear poppys, should tell FIFA to stick the world cup up there arse imho, somethings are just more important as far as i'm concerned.
Old 24-11-2016, 11:54   #24
God Member

The so-called 'rule' that has allegedly been breached is wearing a political symbol or message on the shirt. I know this because the Brussels Broadcasting Corporation said so on their web site when the the thing kicked off a few weeks ago (and I believe everything the BBC tells me, not).
What was interesting was that the web article was accompanied by a photo of a Scottish footballer, wearing a "kick racism out of football" armband.
Now, I, and am sure most sane people, have absolutely no complaint about that. But how is that not a 'political' message, but a poppy is?
If we didn't need to wear a poppy once a year, the team's might have been required to wear a swastika on their shirts.
AccyMad, DaveinGermany and Rowlf like this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2016, 14:45   #25
Full Member+

They may think they have some say in what players wear on the shirts but as far as I am concerned they have no right to tell people in the crowd what they should or should not wear. It is their way of thinking that was the reason so many men and women died fighting against it.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..