Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-04-2005, 22:27   #91
I am Banned

Re: Fairground ride imported for Mayor making weekend in May

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleLass
So, who is going to be our mayor from May onwards?
Janet Storey.

"I think people ought to know that we're anti-fascist, anti-violence and anti-racist. We're against ignorance."

Joe Strummer - The Clash
Graham Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 18-04-2005, 22:50   #92
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman
graham-lets take spanish land laws!
A reasonable amount. Its where Brits complain about laws in certain areas where land grab can take place. Brits are trying to alter Spanish laws as our culture does not accept Land Grab. Its not a difficult subject.

So if you buy a big mansion and think your OK. Someone can come along and demand your land for 'low cost housing' and also make you pay for all the services, water, electricity, roads, sewage to the new site to be paid for by you cos you own the land. The only thing exempt from land grab is your 4 walls. Swimming pools, drives are not exempt and once Land Grab has been applied for their is nothing you can do and in most cases you will not only lose the land but face bills larger than the value of your property to facilitate the development of YOUR land.

I am not saying its fair. I am saying its Spanish and Brits are telling Spanish authorities their laws stink and are wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman
also anti social behaviour across the med,having lived in spain i have never witnessed antisocial behaviour from british residents,have from tourists british,german,etc i could not comment on kenya,never having lived there,i don't think i'm entitled,don't know about you sounding like tony blair,idi amin perhaps.
Are you saying that British people behave well abroad? The argument so often is when in Rome.... So do we behave in Rome?

Lets start with British passport holding paedophiles [ I suppose they are decent white folks??] in Thalland etc.. is that acceptable? Football hooligans - which part of europe do you want me to name? Yob culture in Falaraki [or AN Other..]... some Rome some Romans... [gets down off soap box...!]

BTW neither extremes, CRE nor the BNP get any sympathy from me - the flip side of the same coin, both use identity politics to distinguish their arguments. Criminals are criminals, drug dealers are drug dealers, benefit cheats are benefit cheats and spongers are spongers, terrorists are terrorists.

My argument is for religion out of education and politics.

Last edited by Graham Jones; 18-04-2005 at 23:02.
Old 18-04-2005, 23:01   #93
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

behavior graham-i said i have never witnessed misbehavoir by british residents abroad,and that i have by tourists of differant race not just british.also most of the residents in spain(british,finnish)although not fluent but passable make efforts or learn the language,theres a big differance between resident and tourist,
Old 19-04-2005, 00:06   #94
Always EVIL within us

Red face Re: Fairground ride imported for Mayor making weekend in May

As this posting has wandered to the age old chestnut of race V culture V colour, can I draw your attention to the phrase "WHITE FLIGHT."

Our American friends/members have been very quiet over the "race issue" but it is them that termed the phrase "White Flight" It tells a story of U.S. Citizens being "chased" out of city centres by immigrants from the middle east and I feel that it is only a matter of time before the U.K. is as bad as certain states of the U.S.A.

I won't go into details, but check for yourselves on the internet...........
Old 19-04-2005, 12:05   #95

[QUOTE=Graham Jones]Janet Storey.

Heaven help us all then. This is the Janet Storey that can attend a photoshoot but never has put an appearance in at one local residents association meeting since elected. I have only ever seen her once despite living in Clayton 26 years, when campaigning about Whinney hill tip & road access. She even then got her facts wrong by calling for closure on a facility that her party agreed & signed licence to for ability to function to 2042! Never mind at least its only for 12 months. Restore my faith Janet & put something back into Clayton for a change.
Old 19-04-2005, 20:04   #96
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busman747
As this posting has wandered to the age old chestnut of race V culture V colour, can I draw your attention to the phrase "WHITE FLIGHT."
white flight n. The migration of whites to areas or states that are not racially diverse and that have relatively low rates of crime and other social ills.

And why not if it's the only way to keep a way of life that you want for yourself and your family. The problem is where do you go in England that is free from the problem ????

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly

Last edited by Bagpuss; 19-04-2005 at 20:08.
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2005, 21:12   #97
I am Banned

downing street
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2005, 08:59   #98
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chav1
downing street
But surely there are criminals residing at numbers 10, 11 & 12 Downing Street?
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2005, 11:24   #99

There are in the town hall at Accrington too!!!
Old 21-04-2005, 20:12   #100
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by big al
There are in the town hall at Accrington too!!!
That would be in your honest opinion in case they would like to sue you.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2005, 23:57   #101

Selling off the family silver. Decimating our heritage. Turning the town centre into a joke with more empty shops than full. People come to Accy to save money by looking at the empty shops didn't you know. As for the fairground ride look in todays Observer. I'll take my ride after yours Bagpuss. For the record I was referring to the ruling bods, not the council employeeswho have a hard enough job wading through Britcliffitis mumbo jumbo!
Old 21-04-2005, 23:59   #102

Ps: note you didn't include tealeaf & chavs comments too-or is that showing your true colours?

Last edited by big al; 22-04-2005 at 00:00.
big al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2005, 16:05   #103
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss
white flight n. The migration of whites to areas or states that are not racially diverse and that have relatively low rates of crime and other social ills.

And why not if it's the only way to keep a way of life that you want for yourself and your family. The problem is where do you go in England that is free from the problem ????
There's some big semis down Bolton Avenue that immigrants wont go to. Why dont you go there so you and your family can enjoy the benefits of an all white community free from racial impurity.
Old 22-04-2005, 16:31   #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Jones
There's some big semis down Bolton Avenue that immigrants wont go to. Why dont you go there so you and your family can enjoy the benefits of an all white community free from racial impurity.
Tut Tut Graham. Thats your friendship with Dave Parkin finished with + probably a few big burly Huncoat residents!!!!!
Old 22-04-2005, 17:06   #105
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by big al
Tut Tut Graham. Thats your friendship with Dave Parkin finished with + probably a few big burly Huncoat residents!!!!!
I was canvasing down there and had the misfortune to bump into a BNP supporter who gave me lots of abuse. The two central ward councillors have threatened to report me to standards for being a racist. ME!! can you believe it. It seems that we have some 'white' crackpots and some 'non-white' crackpots.

Quite a few posters on AccyWeb can be classed as racist Tories [and its militant wing The BNP] who if they have ever voted Labour I would question why. They have no loyalty to Labour beliefs. Its laughable listening 'to the voice of reason' when confronted with hard evidence, they always fall back on 'the system is loaded with do gooders who don't understand'. The problem is always someone else, that facist bastion of an argument.

This election campaign has been dominated by hysterical Tories whipping up jingoistic sloganistic soundbites, so much so that the traditional Tory philosphy has been hijacked by militant Tories desperate to gain power rather than make Britain better. Two themes stand out, Slag Blair at All Times & Imigration, Immigration, Immigration. [The sad thing is local elections are used to express this view even though the council is bancrupt because of it]

The Tory Party is a facist party right now. Any lie, any slogan, bash the immigrants as Britains problem. I have every confidence the British people wont accept facism of any kind and that immigration issues will be sorted out by the sensible majority and not the ignorant minority.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..