Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-04-2005, 17:13   #106
God Member

Re: Fairground ride imported for Mayor making weekend in May

Graham, why would the Central Ward councillors threaten to report you for being racist?
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-04-2005, 17:16   #107
Senior Member+

Two themes stand out, Slag Blair at All Times & Imigration, Immigration, Immigration.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TONY Blair will steal the Tory clothes on immigration today — by claiming “it is not racist” to talk about asylum. The PM will promise a 12.5 per cent rise in immigration officers within four months of a Labour election victory.

And he will pledge to boost undercover officers at foreign airports to weed out cheats attempting to board planes to Britain.

The £20million move will be unveiled in a speech as Mr Blair tries to outgun the Tories on the issue.

Stealing from Tory leader Michael Howard, the Premier will say: “It’s not racist to talk about asylum and immigration. These are genuine concerns to people.

“The question is whether you have policies to deal with concerns. It’s not racist to want your government to do something about asylum and immigration — and we are.”

It will be the first time Mr Blair has entered the row over illegal immigration since the election war began.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Get in touch with Tony he's not telling you everything

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2005, 17:45   #108
I am Banned

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Last edited by Graham Jones; 26-04-2005 at 22:11.
Graham Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2005, 17:54   #109
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazf
Two themes stand out, Slag Blair at All Times & Imigration, Immigration, Immigration.

TONY Blair will steal the Tory clothes on immigration today — by claiming “it is not racist” to talk about asylum. The PM will promise a 12.5 per cent rise in immigration officers within four months of a Labour election victory.

And he will pledge to boost undercover officers at foreign airports to weed out cheats attempting to board planes to Britain.

The £20million move will be unveiled in a speech as Mr Blair tries to outgun the Tories on the issue.

Stealing from Tory leader Michael Howard, the Premier will say: “It’s not racist to talk about asylum and immigration. These are genuine concerns to people.

“The question is whether you have policies to deal with concerns. It’s not racist to want your government to do something about asylum and immigration — and we are.”

It will be the first time Mr Blair has entered the row over illegal immigration since the election war began.

Get in touch with Tony he's not telling you everything
I have to say I sense something ill about this whole agenda. Howard was well within his rights to discuss the issues and say what he said. And by defination Blair was too though you wonder how much the Suns support 'One Last Chance' and Tony's 'we're listening' played a part.

Howards critics and the upset he has caused is not the words but teh context and I share that independent view. Going to Burnley to launch the immigration debate was 'a message to far'. If it was just the words he could have done it elsewhere and within a positive framework of criticism.

His presentation hasn't changed and by talking about this issue more than anything else he is sending out a message that it is a more important issue than anything else. And clearly any right minded person would see it isn't. Coupled with a dogmatic, blame stance, a plethora of candidates expressing a watered down version of 'hate language' you have to wonder where Mr Howard is coming from on this issue and in general.
Old 22-04-2005, 21:42   #110

So I was right about your Huncoat comment Graham.
My original intent on commenting on how the coloured community, I didn't bring religion into it, have misused the race relations act, shown disregard for taking a stand against racism,ie taking the white band off the anti racism bands which should be black & white intertwined, and hid behind the reformed RRA which was never altered to protect all races even when shown to be heavily biased one way. Yes, there are fanatics in all races, but when these fanatics are condemned & shown the door maybe some level ground may be restored. This goes for BNP, Al Queda etc. All races should stand up & show these people & their followers that they are simply thugs who hide behind other people to do their dirty work & use the worst of intimidatory tactics ie fear. The trouble is no one wants to be first!

Last edited by big al; 22-04-2005 at 21:54.
big al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2005, 22:00   #111
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by big al
Ps: note you didn't include tealeaf & chavs comments too-or is that showing your true colours?
Sorry it was just a quick reply before I signed off and not intended to show any political bias.
Thank you for whoever took karma off me for my tongue in cheek reply.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly

Last edited by Bagpuss; 22-04-2005 at 22:16.
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2005, 22:10   #112
Accy Red

Quote:
This goes for BNP, Al Queda etc. All races should stand up & show these people & their followers that they are simply thugs who hide behind other people to do their dirty work & use the worst of intimidatory tactics ie fear. The trouble is no one wants to be first!
Some of the nastiest people I've have come across where members of the anti-nazi league who in my eyes should rank along side some of the worse the BNP members.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Old 22-04-2005, 22:49   #113
Accy Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Jones
There's some big semis down Bolton Avenue that immigrants wont go to. Why dont you go there so you and your family can enjoy the benefits of an all white community free from racial impurity.
Sorry Graham but if you read the definition of "white flight" again you will realize that Bolton Ave does not fulfil all the qualities needed for an area I would be looking for.

Last edited by Bagpuss; 22-04-2005 at 22:51.
Old 23-04-2005, 07:33   #114

Typical of politicians-two ears, two eyes, one mouth, used out of proportion as usual!
Old 23-04-2005, 09:56   #115
I am Banned

Quote:
Typical of politicians-two ears, two eyes, one mouth, used out of proportion as usual!
Well, you build your own prison walls.

Last edited by Graham Jones; 23-04-2005 at 10:05.
Old 23-04-2005, 16:42   #116
God Member

There was an interesting leaflet pushed through the door when I got home today, re: the county council election, which takes place on the same day as the General Election.

Can anyone please explain to me why the Mayor Elect is standing for election as a county councillor? Does she really have so little to do with her time that her ward constituents and the mayorality are not enough for her?
Old 23-04-2005, 16:54   #117
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acrylic-bob
There was an interesting leaflet pushed through the door when I got home today, re: the county council election, which takes place on the same day as the General Election.

Can anyone please explain to me why the Mayor Elect is standing for election as a county councillor? Does she really have so little to do with her time that her ward constituents and the mayorality are not enough for her?
No idea! I think the Tories are thinking one big push with recognised names and they will win county hall. Plus Britcliffe needs support at county hall should he make it. Make no mistake he will do everything/anything to get a top job.

Last edited by Graham Jones; 23-04-2005 at 16:57.
Old 23-04-2005, 23:11   #118

[Can anyone please explain to me why the Mayor Elect is standing for election as a county councillor? Does she really have so little to do with her time that her ward constituents and the mayorality are not enough for her?[/QUOTE]

Well she has done b***** all for Clayton since elected. (read my thread on p7)
Thats probably how she thinks she has so much time on her hands to go for both!

Re Graham; Prison walls are usually commisioned by the same 2.2.1. politicians, then passed on to the public to build, filled with Archers, who can have a better time on the inside than out, (ref Mike Harding: Strangeways Hotel!) & use it as a college for furthering their criminal education. Somwewhat of a strange analogy to use, don't you think?
Old 24-04-2005, 08:05   #119
Give, give, give member

Perhaps we're getting this thrilling ride because P.B. can't play the fiddle?

Rome burning and all that, while Nero happily fiddled away.

Last edited by garinda; 24-04-2005 at 08:06.
garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2005, 08:22   #120
I am Banned

Quote:
[Can anyone please explain to me why the Mayor Elect is standing for election as a county councillor? Does she really have so little to do with her time that her ward constituents and the mayorality are not enough for her?

REPLY:::::

Well she has done b***** all for Clayton since elected. (read my thread on p7)
Thats probably how she thinks she has so much time on her hands to go for both!

Re Graham; Prison walls are usually commisioned by the same 2.2.1. politicians, then passed on to the public to build, filled with Archers, who can have a better time on the inside than out, (ref Mike Harding: Strangeways Hotel!) & use it as a college for furthering their criminal education. Somwewhat of a strange analogy to use, don't you think?
it was an analogy. an extension to the 'tortured mind' concept. An englishmans home is his castle.

A lot of people on this board adopt this thought process. See something - make a conclusion - stick to it because changing causes neurosis - make all other facts fit regardless - dont accept others points at all cost [thats like pulling you finger out of the dike hole] - dont debate the issue properly, instead undermine them personally using name calling [ie avoid debating the issueing] - when they are worn down by this, reaffirm to yourself you were right all along. Net result - your own neurosis and hang ups are contained - job done.

Now why dont we go to places your frightened to go to and discuss properly the issues. You never know you might find a healthier mind and a broader outlook.

Try this one for starters: Theres a Leeds council estate where crime has plummeted. All the usual reasons. More police, bobbies on the beat, community police, tough legislation on tenants, Anti-Social Behaviour. Resident/police targeting blah blah. The crimnals, the wasters, fraudsters are on the run. The tenants run the pub, the chip shop, the community centre, the streets are safer and the houses are getting done up. And those with ASBOs you can read all about by picking up a leaflet at any of these points. Names, address's, photo, reasons for ASBO, what their ASBO is, maps, bans and instant hotline number to report them. Breach of ASBO means custody.

Here's the kicker, the council in consultation is putting asylum seekers and immigrants in the vacant properties in consultation with residents because, and I quote the residents; "they make good tenants" unlike the white dross the council has booted off the estate that caused all the problems. The tenants are more scared of white people moving in the estate than foreigners. Whats does that say?

Perversly a TORY/BNP cry is that violent crime is out of control. Well no-one associates violent crime with asian people. So whose that aimed at then? I am sure there is a TORY BNP excuse that fits rather than a balanced view. I await to hear it.

So whats this got to do with Accy? A lot. If you had a young family and could only afford a house up Ormorod street [Asian area] or Woodnook [whote area] or india street area [asian area] - three of the poorest areas in town - your risking your families health, wellbeing and safety if you choose the white area, Woodnook. Your family is safer and healthier in a cleaner better place ie the two asian areas. Less crime, more friendly neighbours, kids are safe. [And dont give me any crap about have you seen this and that - check woodnook out first and then come back and try and make that argument]

All Britains problems are not down to asian people or immigrants, in fact most intelligent people realise the opposite and are not taken in by scare stories. Even Digby Jones says quotas are rubbish and approx. 130,000 immigrants are needed each year. No one has mentionted that vast numbers of these people return home, the racists just multipy them all like they all stay and say the figure are the tip orf the iceberg. What planet is someone with that mindset on?

Last edited by Graham Jones; 24-04-2005 at 09:11.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..