Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree14Likes
  • 4 Post By Big Joe
  • 3 Post By DaveinGermany
  • 1 Post By Less
  • 1 Post By monkey hanger
  • 1 Post By Margaret Pilkington
  • 1 Post By Big Joe
  • 2 Post By DaveinGermany
  • 1 Post By DaveinGermany

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-04-2018, 22:14   #1

Fake Holiday Claims A Very British Illness

About 10 years ago the wife and I were in Lanzarote. A couple of days into the jolly we were told a storm was going to hit the island. Well it was a couple of days late but when it did the Canaries shut down for three days, people died on Gran Canaria. As for us our room was flooded with about an inch of water, a pair of the wifies shoes were soggy but other than that we were fine. One of the hotel restaurants was out of action when the outside terraced garden poured in through the windows. So I go to reception to ask if at some stage someone could adios the water off the floor. Ahaaaa! but no I'm at the back of a long queue of all British guests claiming for their video cameras, Breitling watches, Guuchi loafer etc that have been ruined. Who keeps a video camera on the floor? and the Breitling was obviously 20 euros off the luck lucky man. The staff were a bit taken aback when I wasn't intending to sue them wasn't claiming for damaged goods I didn't have, I just wanted the water removing. Fast forward. A Liverpool couple get sent to prison for making a malicious sickness claim and local to me a couple in Darlington were claiming for an upset stomach they had on holiday 3 years ago. They were claiming through a claims company of course for £10000 for their spoilt holiday. Hats off to the Greeks. The hotel chain did some checking can prove that despite "being ill" were drinking on average nine drinks a night each and have pulled images from their facebook pages showing them fit and well. They are counter suing the couple for wait for it £170,000.00p. The Darlington couple are now going "Boo Hoo we may lose our home" " We didn't say those things the nasty claims company put words in our mouth" The claims company have said they have put in court what they were told by their clients. Oh and its on a no win no fee basis and if they drop the case against the hotel they have to pay their own solicitors bill which they cannot afford to do and then they still have to fight the countersuing action. Good on the hotel because these parasites affect everyone and as a result travel insurance costs go up. Although I'm not religious I sometimes think maybe there should be a patron saint of hoteliers and if there already is one its nice to see them doing their job.
Old 26-04-2018, 05:11   #2
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!
Re: Fake Holiday Claims A Very British Illness

Actually Joe .....

CatholicSaints.Info » Blog Archive » patrons of innkeepers
Less, KiTChener and Big Joe like this.
Old 26-04-2018, 16:46   #3
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

We know it goes on, some folk pre-book their insurance claims before they go away, it saves being bothered whilst enjoying the high standard of the hotel.
Big Joe likes this.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2018, 22:00   #4

What I love about this site is someone always has answer that is factual witty or both. Yet again I progress along the never ending learning curve.
Old 27-04-2018, 08:50   #5
God Member

thing is this insurance claim and the no win no fee business has become a total joke and a complete farce. i must be the only person in this country who has not had whiplash injuries. its about time everything is tightened up regarding this and rightfull claiments being the only ones helped.
Big Joe likes this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2018, 09:01   #6
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Joe View Post
What I love about this site is someone always has answer that is factual witty or both. Yet again I progress along the never ending learning curve.
Yes, if you want to know something ask it on here....and you can be sure that there will be something to learn from and something to make you chuckle too.

I have travelled all over the world and always taken out adequate insurance, but the thought of claiming for something has never crossed my mind.
I once had a much loved camera fall off my bed...it fell ever so gently onto a soft rug, but it still broke the sensor.
I was about to put it down to experience, then someone on here suggested that I check out my contents policy to see if it was covered...it was.
So I got a newer camera out of my accident...and because this camera was obsolete, I paid a bit extra and got an upgraded model.
Big Joe likes this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2018, 19:36   #7

Monkey me and you both. Despite my best efforts I seem unable to get whiplash. The thing is we all take out insurance for bona fide reasons and sadly its a system that is always open to abuse. Thankfully a lot of companies are now contesting this and there are a number of cases going through the courts. What people don't realise aside from any financial issue if they are found to be making false claims they will find they no longer able to get any insurance.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 27-04-2018, 19:58   #8
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Joe View Post
Monkey me and you both. Despite my best efforts I seem unable to get whiplash.
If you look at any "reputable" Gentlemen's site you'll usually find a number & the offer of utmost discretion. (failing that, the local boozers kharzi)

Or so I've been informed.

Last edited by DaveinGermany; 27-04-2018 at 20:01.
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2018, 07:48   #9
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
If you look at any "reputable" Gentlemen's site you'll usually find a number & the offer of utmost discretion. (failing that, the local boozers kharzi)

Or so I've been informed.
wondered how long it would take for someone who had whiplash injuries that were not on the neck to post.
Old 28-04-2018, 08:59   #10
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
wondered how long it would take for someone who had whiplash injuries that were not on the neck to post.
Your insinuations Sir, are abominable! You are a Cad & a Bounder & I most strongly refute your accusations of sordid debauchery!

On top of that she wanted far to much money for "services rendered".
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 28-04-2018, 09:03   #11
God Member

if you,d have been a yorkshire man you,d have got he to pay.
Old 28-04-2018, 09:11   #12
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
if you,d have been a yorkshire man
I'm scandalised!!!! Wash your mouth out!!! How dare you suggest such depravity! Become a Yorkshirist? That's just obscene & mortifying.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..