Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree49Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2013, 17:18   #76
Resting in Peace

Re: Fake shops

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
Yes I agree that they are the major part of the problem. But if "something" needs doing, what do you suggest that "something" should be? Once you have got the council to wake up to the fact that they are the problem that needs tackling, that is.

I don't think I have ever come across any concrete suggestions, either on Accyweb or elsewhere. And as for it costing nothing, how do you make that out?
Sadly Susie throwing snowballs at the moon is very easy from Morecambe, it just doesn't matter if you hit or miss really, the council can use their powers to ban undesirables from the town centre, and they could have a quiet word in Saint Dorothy's ear about the problems that are being caused by the influx of addicts etc. coming for hand outs. There was a letter in the LT last week praising Dorothy to the high heavens she was even called Saint Dorothy by the writer, but when the efforts to do good are ripping the heart out of the town centre, its time to say enough is enough
Wynonie Harris likes this.
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-03-2013, 17:22   #77
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Thankyou Less for correcting me.......I apologise for getting the poster wrong...does this mean no cane?

My eyes aren't what they used to be(yes...I know it is a pathetic excuse) I will off to specsavers very soon.
Come on Margaret play the spot ball, you should know by now only I'm allowed howlers like that on this web site
Old 10-03-2013, 17:28   #78
God Member

Charities are not always what they claim to be.
I am sadly disillusioned by many of them.
Saville hid behind them. Even Mother teresa is getting bad press
Tainted Saint: Mother Teresa Defended Pedophile Priest - Page 1 - News - San Francisco - SF Weekly

...and, would you believe, Peter Mandelson is the chief of NSPCC.

It is time for 'charities' to examined sceptically.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 17:29   #79
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
rubbish they use them as assets which pushes their share price up. accrington has been totally mismanaged tory and labour councils with narrow mindness .
To post what I really think would get me barred for very bad language, but your full of it and it keeps pouring from your gob every time you open it, your a total clueless irk who's a complete waste of space, glad your back where you most certainly belong
Old 10-03-2013, 17:30   #80
Beacon of light

Quote:
rubbish they use them as assets which pushes their share price up. accrington has been totally mismanaged tory and labour councils with narrow mindness .
To be an asset they have to be saleable...or rentable...that means they must be in good condition.
Property that is bringing in no revenue is not what property companies want to see on their books. Empty properties also have to have business rates paid on them....so being empty is a double whammy.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 17:32   #81
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
Charities are not always what they claim to be.
I am sadly disillusioned by many of them.
Saville hid behind them. Even Mother teresa is getting bad press
Tainted Saint: Mother Teresa Defended Pedophile Priest - Page 1 - News - San Francisco - SF Weekly

...and, would you believe, Peter Mandelson is the chief of NSPCC.

It is time for 'charities' to examined sceptically.
Has Mandleson done anything dodgy then Margaret, or is it just because of his political antics
Old 10-03-2013, 17:39   #82
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Has Mandleson done anything dodgy then Margaret, or is it just because of his political antics
In view of his past financial shinnanicking, I would let him near any of my money. He was sacked twice for shady dealing.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 17:45   #83
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
In view of his past financial shinnanicking, I would let him near any of my money. He was sacked twice for shady dealing.
Ya totally agree with that, if it had been you or me involved in deals like he was, we'd have been behind bars quick sharp
Old 10-03-2013, 17:49   #84
God Member

you will be surprised what is added to assets in these companies. jaysay were you part of the council once you go on about where i belong but the world is your oyster i dont belong anywhere we live in a democracy which means you can move freely anywhere you want
Old 10-03-2013, 17:58   #85
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
you will be surprised what is added to assets in these companies. jaysay were you part of the council once you go on about where i belong but the world is your oyster i dont belong anywhere we live in a democracy which means you can move freely anywhere you want
More crap yeh didn't move freely from Accy, Yeh fled from Dog stabbers.
Old 10-03-2013, 17:58   #86
Resting in Peace

Quote:
you will be surprised what is added to assets in these companies. jaysay were you part of the council once you go on about where i belong but the world is your oyster i don't belong anywhere we live in a democracy which means you can move freely anywhere you want
never been a councillor never had that much interest, you don't belong anywhere, ha so that's of no fixed abode then
Old 10-03-2013, 18:15   #87
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevie R View Post
Fake shops are a short term sort of placebo for the high street,

I do think they achieve what they are meant to

but every or most empty shops getting that treatment,

can`t be allowed to happen,

Accrington would quickly become a global laughing stock.
It is fakery.......and it does Accrington no favours.
What Accrington has needed for quite a long time now is someone with the power to take decisive action........no-one seems to have that power...or if they do then they are keeping it under their hat.

We should not be resorting to illusory devices....making shops look like they are trading(it does real traders a disservice). Traders should be given the ability to open a business with the same help that is afforded to the charity shops...because if someone doesn't do something very soon that is all there will be left.
Less and BERNADETTE like this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 19:07   #88
God Member

im going into town tomorrow to do some fake browsing and a little fake window shopping and if i can find a fake cafe i may treat myself to a fake cup of coffe and a fake scone

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 19:13   #89
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Sadly Susie throwing snowballs at the moon is very easy from Morecambe, it just doesn't matter if you hit or miss really, the council can use their powers to ban undesirables from the town centre, and they could have a quiet word in Saint Dorothy's ear about the problems that are being caused by the influx of addicts etc. coming for hand outs. There was a letter in the LT last week praising Dorothy to the high heavens she was even called Saint Dorothy by the writer, but when the efforts to do good are ripping the heart out of the town centre, its time to say enough is enough
Ill bet the telegraph reporter didn't live in Accy.
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 19:14   #90
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
im going into town tomorrow to do some fake browsing and a little fake window shopping and if i can find a fake cafe i may treat myself to a fake cup of coffe and a fake scone
Your faking it!
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..