Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree49Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-03-2013, 08:43   #121
Resting in Peace

Re: Fake shops

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
well everybody knows anyone that dissagreed with tony blair was out of a job pretty quickly and from what happened with our own labour MP over europe stating he would support a referendum then spitting in our faces and voting against it i can only assume the same rule applies under milliband.

that sad thing is if he had stood as an independant if he got deselected from labour for going aginst milliband he would probbably have won

MPs are elected by us to work for us.We do not elect them to tow the party line and provide votes to push their leaders ideas through parliament.

what party leaders do at times is intimidation and any party leader proven to be demanding mp's vote how they are told should be forced to step down with immidiate effect and let the deputy leader take over.Whats the point in having a vote if you are been told how you have to cast that vote the party leaders may as well fill the voting slip in themselves
Its not actually that simple Accyman, voting in parliament is a very complex affair at times, especially when its a flagship policy, I remember the Community Charge and the ear bashing JKH received from the Whips Office to support the government. There are three levels of voting 1 2 and 3 line whip, I never actually knew what that was all about until I saw the weekly order papers, the weeks business is underlined once twice or three times depending the importance 1 and 2 line whips MPs are allowed to pair off, in other words most MPs have somebody on the oppositions benches as a pair, meaning neither need to vote if they both agree as they cancel each other out, but all MPs are instructed to vote on party lines for a tree line whip, JKH was always in bother with the whips for not toeing the party line especially with the community charge, he never supported the government once
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-03-2013, 09:43   #122
Junior Member+

I used to work for a sign fitting company and you can get a new sign plus window stickers fitted by a proffesional for as little as £500 depending on sizes of course.
Old 13-03-2013, 12:04   #123
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Its not actually that simple Accyman, voting in parliament is a very complex affair at times, especially when its a flagship policy, I remember the Community Charge and the ear bashing JKH received from the Whips Office to support the government. There are three levels of voting 1 2 and 3 line whip, I never actually knew what that was all about until I saw the weekly order papers, the weeks business is underlined once twice or three times depending the importance 1 and 2 line whips MPs are allowed to pair off, in other words most MPs have somebody on the oppositions benches as a pair, meaning neither need to vote if they both agree as they cancel each other out, but all MPs are instructed to vote on party lines for a tree line whip, JKH was always in bother with the whips for not toeing the party line especially with the community charge, he never supported the government once
thing is jay democracey is supposed to be simple its people who want things to bend things their own way that make it not simple.You get people in the tory party who may think a labour idea is a good one but they get told to vote against it and vice versa when its the other way around.On the news over the years when important issues have been raised and voted on it has been made very clear that party leaders have instructed their mps how to vote and those that dont tow the line get called renegade mps or something similar because they are throwing a spanner in the works for their leader.

tony blair broke every election prommise within 6 months of getting into power yet he was blindly followed by his mps so they wernt following the party mandate they were following tony blair and his lies.

im not big on politics but i know a crook when i see one and thats almost every time i see a MP open its gob

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2013, 12:05   #124
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnson123 View Post
I used to work for a sign fitting company and you can get a new sign plus window stickers fitted by a proffesional for as little as £500 depending on sizes of course.

i used to work for one too and you can get a sign made from as little as £499.99 depending on size of course

ps:

nice move on getting the thread back onto topic

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..