Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By Retlaw
  • 1 Post By davemac
  • 2 Post By accyman

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2013, 09:29   #1
Resting in Peace

Falklands referendum

The Falkland Islanders have had a referendum about who they want to rule them, the UK or Argentina the result was as follows British Rule 1513 Argentina Rule 3, no need for a recount then

Now come on Call me Dave now's the time to take a leaf out of their book, a referendum on who do we the public want to rule us, A United States of Europe or our Westminster Parliament, its over to you Dave
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 12-03-2013, 09:43   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Falklands referendum

More chance of us being struck by lightening, than Call me Dave giving a referendum,no matter what crap he spouts.
Old 12-03-2013, 09:58   #3
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
More chance of us being struck by lightening, than Call me Dave giving a referendum,no matter what crap he spouts.
I know you just don't believe Call me Dave do you cashy
Old 12-03-2013, 10:01   #4
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
I know you just don't believe Call me Dave do you cashy
There is not one of the big 3 leaders i would give time of day.
Old 12-03-2013, 10:04   #5
Resting in Peace

Quote:
A man after of my own heart
Old 12-03-2013, 11:12   #6
God Member

Quote:
i would..

i wold say yes i have the time its time for you lot to F off

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 15:10   #7
Senior Member+

Quote:
Not just the 3 leaders
Old 12-03-2013, 18:42   #8
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
The Falkland Islanders have had a referendum about who they want to rule them, the UK or Argentina the result was as follows British Rule 1513 Argentina Rule 3, no need for a recount then
Can't undrstand them who refer to themselves as Argies and their attitude, they are not native to that place they call Argentina, didn't that lot come from Spain, and kill off most of the original inhabitants.
Doug and davemac like this.

Last edited by Neil; 13-03-2013 at 08:49. Reason: fix quote
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 19:54   #9
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retlaw View Post
Can't undrstand them who refer to themselves as Argies and their attitude, they are not native to that place they call Argentina, didn't that lot come from Spain, and kill off most of the original inhabitants.
come to think of it no one actualy originated from the place they call home, including us.
susie123 likes this.

Last edited by Neil; 13-03-2013 at 08:50. Reason: fix quote
davemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 20:21   #10
God Member

The French got there first

http://www.britishempire.co.uk/mapro...ingitright.pdf
"The Islands never had any native inhabitants, and were first settled by France; there was a French
settlement at Port Louis on East Falkland from 1764 to 1767 (section 8, fig. 4 below). The islands were
formally claimed by Britain in 1765, and from 1766 to 1774, with one interruption, there was a British
garrison at Port Egmont on Saunders Island, where ruins still exist (fig. 1). The French settlement was
taken over by Spain in 1767, which maintained a garrison at Port Louis for 44 years until 1811. The
present population of the islands is a unique mixture: some families are descended from shipwrecked
Danish, Norwegian or Swedish seamen; some are descended from settlers from Uruguay, France, Finland
or Gibraltar, but most are of British origin. Many families have lived in the islands for five or six
generations, several for seven generations, and a couple even for eight or nine generations."

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 22:11   #11
God Member

the french left after a week though after they discovered plenty of cows but a lack of horses
jaysay and Eric like this.

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..