Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-12-2011, 14:51   #1
I am Banned

Fastest gun alive

Try beating this, it takes a lot of practice.
Retlaw.
Fastest gunman on planet. [VIDEO]
The link it to Wimp.com the vidio is about the fastest gunman

Last edited by Mick; 17-12-2011 at 15:58.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-12-2011, 15:03   #2
I am Banned

Re: Fastest gun alive

Jeez....now that is faster than the human eye can see, didnt believe it till i saw it in slow motion....good stuff Mr.Retlaw
groove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2011, 15:24   #3
Senior Member+

Astonishing,Retlaw! I could do six shots, on target at 25 yards, in just under six seconds and thought that was fast! Also that was double action or semi-auto.
I'm not sure if it's the muzzle blast which bursts the balloons, not the bullet, but the speed,especially with a single action gun is still remarkable!
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2011, 15:45   #4
Senior Member+

Thats almost as fast as me when the wife asks for money
Old 17-12-2011, 19:27   #5
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Booth View Post
Astonishing,Retlaw! I could do six shots, on target at 25 yards, in just under six seconds and thought that was fast! Also that was double action or semi-auto.
I'm not sure if it's the muzzle blast which bursts the balloons, not the bullet, but the speed,especially with a single action gun is still remarkable!
They are special ammo made to look like real ammo, but the bullet bursts after exiting the barrel, usually coal dust or sumat similar.
have you never tried real rapid fire in a comp,
5 targets which rotate, first round is 5 in 8 secs, then 5 in 6 secs & 5 in 4 secs,
Got 4 silver cups & a bronze medal for rapid fire.
There was a bloke named Ed McGivern who held the world record for a good number of years 5 bullets into a 1" circle at 15 feet in 4/10th of a sec, it happened so fast that the witnesses couldn't believe it, so he put a new target up and did it again.
He could also put a bullet thro a washer thrown up in the air, to prove it he stuck postage stamps over the hole in the washer.
I wonder how much ammo he used in practice.
Retlaw.

Last edited by Retlaw; 17-12-2011 at 19:31.
Old 17-12-2011, 19:58   #6
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retlaw View Post
I wonder how much ammo he used in practice.
Five in four seconds?
You must have used a fair bit of ammo in practice yourself!
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2011, 20:04   #7
JFT96

While this guy is very fast, Guns are designed to do one thing and one thing only, KILL someone.
I fail to see the attraction here.

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2011, 20:07   #8
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Booth View Post
Five in four seconds?
You must have used a fair bit of ammo in practice yourself!
Aye, used to cast around 500 bullets a month, 145 grain lead antimony mix, on top of 4 grains of shotgun powder, as well as 100's of rounds of rifle anmmo, 180 grain Lapua ahead of 42 1/2 grains of RP no 2, very stable load out to 1100 yards.
Retlaw.
Old 17-12-2011, 20:15   #9
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boeing Guy View Post
While this guy is very fast, Guns are designed to do one thing and one thing only, KILL someone.
I fail to see the attraction here.
Aeroplanes were also designed to kill people, long before they carried passengers, just as not all planes are designed to kill, niether are guns, none of the guns, as you call them, I once owned ever killed any one.
Sounds like you've been brainwashed by the Blairites, and the mind fixers.

Retlaw
Old 17-12-2011, 20:20   #10
JFT96

It won't play, you will need to click the You Tube link. But it is worth it.

Old 17-12-2011, 20:35   #11
JFT96

Aircraft were not invented to kill. Guns were, I have no political view on this.

I fail to see why you compare a instrument designed to carry people, goods etc around the world can be compared to firearms.

What uses other than putting a hole in something, a animal or a human do firearms have

Mankind has adapted aircraft to carry weapons, bombs and even Nuclear explosives, however a aircraft can and is used for some of the most humanitarian gestures on the planet.

The simple fact remains, a firearm only has one use, killing, maiming or putting a hole into something.

I have not been brainwashed, but I think you have by the NRA

Retlaw
Quote:
none of the guns, as you call them, I once owned ever killed any one.
What do you mean, that we should call then Ice Cream Cones?
Quote:
Aeroplanes were also designed to kill people
eh no, Aeroplanes were designed to fly, if we had not had the First World War then they would have not been used in warfare, but of course they we no good on their own, they needed Firearms, bombs etc fitting in order to bring death.

I will not continue to debate this as there is no need, any rational person can see guns do no good, after all 60% of all homicides are committed by firearms (according to the United Nations)

Last edited by Boeing Guy; 17-12-2011 at 20:42.
Old 17-12-2011, 20:56   #12
I am Banned

I have not been brainwashed, but I think you have by the NRA

Retlaw
By their proper names, Muskets, Rifles, Pistols, Revolvers, etc, guns are smooth bore fire arms.
You are quoting the N.R.A. in america, its has nowt to do with the N.R.A. or N.S.R.A. of Gt Britain.
How many planes have been built to kill, compared with those designed to carry passengers.

Retlaw

Last edited by Retlaw; 17-12-2011 at 21:01.
Old 17-12-2011, 21:12   #13
JFT96

Quote:
How many planes have been built to kill, compared with those designed to carry passengers.
Okay :
312,000 Active General Aviation Aircraft, including Business Jets. 17,770 Passenger Aircraft 89,129 Military Aircraft 26,500 Civil Helicopters 29,700 Military Helicopters.
According to Flight International in service today worldwide

How many firearms have done humanitarian good?
You cannot win this discussion, weapons are primary designed to kill, end of.

Quote:
Retlaw
By their proper names, Muskets, Rifles, Pistols, Revolvers, etc, guns are smooth bore fire arms.

Sorry to be pedantic, but
:

gun

Pronunciation: /gʌn/
noun

• a weapon incorporating a metal tube from which bullets, shells, or other missiles are propelled by explosive force, typically making a characteristic loud, sharp noise.
  • a device for discharging a particular object or substance in a required direction: a grease gun
  • a starting pistol used in athletics.
  • the firing of a piece of artillery as a salute or signal: the boom of the one o’clock gun echoed across the river
  • chiefly North American a gunman: a hired gun
  • British a member of a shooting party.
  • (guns) Nautical slang, dated used as a nickname for a ship’s gunnery officer.
Oxford Dictionary.

Last edited by Boeing Guy; 17-12-2011 at 21:18.
Old 17-12-2011, 21:18   #14
JFT96

Of course I should have known that having a opinion here would lead to attacks about my career
Quote:
Aeroplanes were also designed to kill people

Old 17-12-2011, 21:45   #15
I am Banned

[quote=Boeing Guy;956587]Okay :
312,000 Active General Aviation Aircraft, including Business Jets. 17,770 Passenger Aircraft 89,129 Military Aircraft 26,500 Civil Helicopters 29,700 Military Helicopters.
According to Flight International in service today worldwide.

How many firearms have done humanitarian good?
You cannot win this discussion, weapons are primary designed to kill, end of.

:
Since avaiation took off there has been more aircraft built for warfare than for civilian use.
How many Spitfires Hurricanes, Blenhiems, Lancasters, Messerschmitts, Dorniers, Heinkels, Zero's etc, in just WW2 never mind all the other fights.
The first aircraft to carry more than one person were in WW1, first as Observers & Spotters, then when they started being shot at they armed themselves, first with shotguns, then with Rifles, and eventually Lewis, and Vickers Machine Guns.
As for Humanitarian use, ask a drowning sailor about line throwers, they are converted firearms.
You started it, by attacking one of my former hobbies.

Retlaw.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..