Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-09-2008, 15:53   #46
God Member

Re: Fasting

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
I wonder if she does it voluntarily or if it is 'expected' of her by her family?
Can't see any woman volunteering to get up at that unearthly hour but you never know
Old 27-09-2008, 16:51   #47
God Member

She does it because he expects her to = male dominance and control

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2008, 11:34   #48
Resident Waffler

OMG! I have just been to collect my repeat prescription and have been served by an Asian lady who didn't just look tired, she looked positively ill. She didn't seem able to concentrate. When a colleague spoke to her she took a while to respond and seemed to be struggling to think. I have a regular repeat prescription but one item is not on the same form as the others because this one isn't actually issued until I have been for my monthly check-up. She told me they didn't have that one. I could have ended up trailing all the way to the doctors, only to discover that it wasn't there because they did actually have it! Now that's not too serious for me as I did eventually get the item but what about someone who finds it difficult to get about? What worried me even more was the possibility that someone who looked and acted so sleep deprived could end up dishing out the wrong prescription to someone. I see why you brought the subject up Lindsay. I have never known anyone fasting for Ramadan to look so strained and tired/ill before.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2008, 19:15   #49
Senior Member+

Highly unlikely that you would have got any wrong items, all prescriptions are checked twice and the surgery you use have been having some "issues" recently with repeat prscriptions, but I am glad you can see what I mean and why I am concerned, makes you wonder about the doctors and surgeons eh?

( Thankfully the fasting will be over tomorrow !)
Old 30-09-2008, 10:02   #50
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
OMG! I have just been to collect my repeat prescription and have been served by an Asian lady who didn't just look tired, she looked positively ill. She didn't seem able to concentrate.
I hope your pills are in a blister pack so you can actually check the contents are what you should have. If they are loose in a bottle you could have anything.
Old 30-09-2008, 17:34   #51
Resting in Peace

If you need to fast at least do 40 days and 40 nights in the dessert and give the sensible people a break from your religious rantings.

Good luck.
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2008, 17:47   #52
Resident Waffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
I hope your pills are in a blister pack so you can actually check the contents are what you should have. If they are loose in a bottle you could have anything.
Yes they are in blister packs and identifiable as what they should be but it just doesn't seem right that anyone should have to work when they look so obviously tired out. I know if I lose sleep for any reason (like being kept awake by a cough) I can't think straight at all the next day. I don't think it's so much the fasting that's the problem as the lack of sleep.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..