Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: Favourite crisps
Salt & Vinegar 7 14.58%
Ready Salted 14 29.17%
Cheese and Onion 13 27.08%
Prawn 2 4.17%
Any regular meaty flavours 2 4.17%
The more exotic ones 10 20.83%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-11-2011, 22:48   #46
Senior Member+

Re: Favourite crisps

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Perhaps yeh voting pushed it back to the top taggy? would be interesting to know fer sure.
Well i don't know Cashy but i wouldn't have thought so coz when i logged on tonight it was at the top of the list which i why i voted having missed it the first time around!..Strange!

Best Regards - Taggy
Taggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 18-11-2011, 22:51   #47
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggy View Post
Well i don't know Cashy but i wouldn't have thought so coz when i logged on tonight it was at the top of the list which i why i voted having missed it the first time around!..Strange!

Best Regards - Taggy
yeh i did the same, had noticed grannyclaret looking at it so i did, so lets blame granny, after all shes a dingle.
Old 18-11-2011, 22:57   #48
God Member

Quote:
Only just spotted that AFTER i'd voted Cashy..Good Question!.....Having said that i voted Cheese n Onion!

I think we should now vote on a favourite brand!! Lol! ...Having said that i can't find my favourites anymore!!..Twas either Golden Wonder......or good ole Rishy Crisps from Rishton!!!!..Anyone remember them?...Later became XL Crisps i think..but didn't seem as good then!

Best Regards - Taggy
Oh yes, I remember Rishy Crisps ... I also remember the rumour that they were made out of spuds that even the hogs wouldn't eat And the blue bags of salt in some chips ... oops, crisps; sorry I had a colonial moment Now, the salt would have a warning on it from the Surgeon General ... or whoever it is that puts the politically correct bs on food over there. Anyone who doesn't know that certain foods are bad for them deserves to be booted out of the gene pool, or drowned in it. Wasn't there a brand called Smith's Crisps ... try saying that with your dentures out?

And my fav. Pringles
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2011, 23:01   #49
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

I used to love Tems crisps, me dad used to bring em home from the club,seemed to me only place yeh could get em,never seen em in the shops.
Old 18-11-2011, 23:11   #50
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Oh yes, I remember Rishy Crisps ... I also remember the rumour that they were made out of spuds that even the hogs wouldn't eat And the blue bags of salt in some chips ... oops, crisps; sorry I had a colonial moment Now, the salt would have a warning on it from the Surgeon General ... or whoever it is that puts the politically correct bs on food over there. Anyone who doesn't know that certain foods are bad for them deserves to be booted out of the gene pool, or drowned in it. Wasn't there a brand called Smith's Crisps ... try saying that with your dentures out?

And my fav. Pringles
Lol!..Just what you recall as a kid though aint it!..I used to Love Rishy crisps..still the best i've ever tasted..but maybe that's my childhood memories!..Yep i recall Tems & Smith's too with the little blue bag!..The funny thing is, even the colour of the bags have changed!..Cheese n Onion used to be Green bags..now they are Blue!..God i'm so sad if i remember that !! Lol!...In fact if i remember correctly..the first flavoured crisps were not Cheese n Onion..but just plain Cheese!!!

Best Regards - Taggy
Old 18-11-2011, 23:33   #51
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Lol!..Just what you recall as a kid though aint it!..I used to Love Rishy crisps..still the best i've ever tasted..but maybe that's my childhood memories!..Yep i recall Tems & Smith's too with the little blue bag!..The funny thing is, even the colour of the bags have changed!..Cheese n Onion used to be Green bags..now they are Blue!..God i'm so sad if i remember that !! Lol!...In fact if i remember correctly..the first flavoured crisps were not Cheese n Onion..but just plain Cheese!!!

Best Regards - Taggy

I'm as sad as you then Taggy, still get confused with green/blue if I buy a mixed pack... and yes they were just plain cheese at first.

Yep remember Rishy, Tems, Smiths - and was there one called Benson's?

Cashy I seem to remember getting Tems at the offy at the top of Milnshaw Lane... used to be my Saturday night treat. My mum would go out to play bridge and dad and I would watch TV, often black and white movies, while he scoffed an enormous bag of salted peanuts. If I was lucky we might also share a Fry's chocolate cream 5 fruit flavours bar.
susie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2011, 23:35   #52
Resting In Peace

Quote:
And my fav. Pringles
Eric I'd rather eat the box, to me they have the taste and texture of cardboard anyway.
susie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2011, 23:38   #53
Senior Member+

The one thing i DO know, is that crisps do not taste as good these days as they did when i was younger.......they taste so FALSE now!

Best Regards - Taggy
Old 18-11-2011, 23:39   #54
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
Eric I'd rather eat the box, to me they have the taste and texture of cardboard anyway.
Spot On!..They are Awfull!

Best Regards - Taggy
Old 19-11-2011, 08:54   #55
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
If last post on here was March 2006,hows it got to the top of general chat section?before i just posted this.
If somebody was trawling old threads (wonder who that could be) and voted without posting that would have put the thread active again cashy
Old 19-11-2011, 10:10   #56

Walkers ready salted crisp sandwich made with white sliced bread - very bad for you but very nice - bit of a secret vice for me! My daughter in law likes pickled onion monster munch sandwiches!
annesingleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2011, 14:37   #57
God Member

Hoola hoops -love sucking my fingers after eating one off each

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2011, 14:58   #58
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobertol View Post
Hoola hoops -love sucking my fingers after eating one off each
Dianne, Hula Hoops aren't crisps, they're a potato-based snack!!....but they would be in my top 5.
steve2qec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2011, 15:08   #59
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve2qec View Post
Dianne, Hula Hoops aren't crisps, they're a potato-based snack!!....but they would be in my top 5.
Would they pass for ready salted do you think?

By the way -can't get'em in Italy....if anyone wants to send some

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2011, 17:23   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve2qec View Post
I think you'll find that pringles arn't crisps either. If i'm right they are made from the potato starch thats left after washing all the spuds they make proper crisps from.
Alan Varrechia is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..