Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: Favourite crisps
Salt & Vinegar 7 14.58%
Ready Salted 14 29.17%
Cheese and Onion 13 27.08%
Prawn 2 4.17%
Any regular meaty flavours 2 4.17%
The more exotic ones 10 20.83%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-11-2011, 18:46   #61
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobertol View Post
Hoola hoops -love sucking my fingers after eating one off each
When I'm in a realy indulgent mood, I get several packs of hoola hoops and some patae, press the hoops into the paste then enjoy the sheer selfishness of stuffing my face with the meat filled enjoyment.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-11-2011, 19:14   #62
God Member

Re: Favourite crisps

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
Eric I'd rather eat the box, to me they have the taste and texture of cardboard anyway.
You don't eat the box; you use it as a container for spaghetti
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2011, 19:21   #63
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Varrechia View Post
I think you'll find that pringles arn't crisps either. If i'm right they are made from the potato starch thats left after washing all the spuds they make proper crisps from.
That sounds about right.

Eric if you like pringles that much you must have an impressive collection of spaghetti containers!
susie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2011, 19:25   #64
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggy View Post
Spot On!..They are Awfull!

Best Regards - Taggy
Well ... taste is not all that important with chips ... I mean, we aint talking gourmet dining here ... chips are what you eat when you are drinking beer, and/or have some dip handy ... hot salsa is good And shape is important too ... when you have the raging munchies (shortly after your first bong) ... you don't have to cram them in your mouth; you can stack them, and cram with class
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2011, 21:53   #65
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Well ... taste is not all that important with chips ... I mean, we aint talking gourmet dining here ... chips are what you eat when you are drinking beer, and/or have some dip handy ... hot salsa is good And shape is important too ... when you have the raging munchies (shortly after your first bong) ... you don't have to cram them in your mouth; you can stack them, and cram with class
Sorry Eric but taste is important with anything i stick in my Gob!! Lol!

Best Regards - Taggy
Taggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2011, 22:44   #66
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
When I'm in a realy indulgent mood, I get several packs of hoola hoops and some patae, press the hoops into the paste then enjoy the sheer selfishness of stuffing my face with the meat filled enjoyment.
Now Less- am in an indulgent mood myself -I'll thread the Hula hoops -you can suck my fingers...that's real meat-filled enjoyment surely...

Naughty,naughty...

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2011, 23:04   #67
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobertol View Post
Now Less- am in an indulgent mood myself -I'll thread the Hula hoops -you can suck my fingers...that's real meat-filled enjoyment surely...

Naughty,naughty...
All of a sudden this new lap dancing club is sounding pretty tame! Lol!

Best Regards - Taggy
Taggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2011, 23:10   #68
God Member

LOL!Lol!Lol!

So much for youth and beauty -at the end of the day....!

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 26-11-2011, 08:56   #69
Bee
I am Banned

I'd choose ORIGINAL.
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2011, 09:05   #70
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee View Post
I'd choose ORIGINAL.
The Original is always the best...!

~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 25-05-2016, 08:05   #71

TEMS Crisps had a depot in Rosegrove, Burnley. Near the old Rosegrove/Ivy Bank annexe school. I believe the owner of TEMS lived in Burnley. A school pal of mine had a part time job sweeping out the vans after school. Can anyone say when TEMS vanished? I used to buy them from the local sweets shops.
cplmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2016, 08:20   #72

Anyone remember Rishy Crisps..1973 Got a school holidays job there in.Gt Harwood.Worked at all the stages in the production line..Loading crates of sweaty spuds at the beginnning was the job from hell..but then when you got your first ever wage packet it went towards a season ticket and a pair of flairs..
JC4LAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2016, 09:45   #73

Many years ago whilst partaking of a pint or two in an Accrington club I asked the young barmaid for a packet of crisps, "what flavour would uou like?", she asked, potato flavoured please, I replied; "sorry we don't sell that flavour", she said, much to the amusement of the people standing at the bar.
taddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2016, 12:07   #74
God Member

A lad I was at school with got his first job driving for Rishy Crisps and I recall (vaguely) that he claimed they got six or seven packets from one spud! Small packets or big spud was not specified.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 01:39   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannyclaret View Post
when we were kids it was smiths plain crips with a little blue bag of salt.
if it was dark in the pictures ,you had a hard time finding it..lol
The best thing about the little bag of salt was that you could salt the chips to suit your own taste.

If I remember correctly there was an outlet that sold damaged packets, potato chip bits etc, somewhere behind the Con Club near the vicinity of the old baths, mind you I'm going back to the late 40s/early 50s.

I also agree that most things are hard to find in a darkened cinema.
keith higson is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..