Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2006, 14:47   #136
God Member

Re: Fellow Accywebbers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf
Well, I've never met A-B, KSH, Bagpuss or Gayle. I'm sure meeting up with the latter would be interesting.
I am!

Here's some things you should know about me - should you ever meet me

1. Photographs never do me justice, I'm drop dead gorgeous really!
2. I am not the, politically correct, tree hugging, art loving, left wing looney that you think I am.
3. I drink pints of lager - and you probably owe me one!

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 11-07-2006, 14:49   #137
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle
. I drink pints of lager - and you probably owe me one!
Lager louts...everywhere.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 15:55   #138
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIPAX
Tealeaf is a good example.. he tries to wind everyone up (although he has lost his touch of late and I do a better job hehe) and soemtimes he can come accross as a pain... thats his intention I guess.... yet he is a top bloke to meet.. would have a pint wiht him any day of the week
funilly enough i got told the exact same thing last week whilst talking to a certain member of this site.(who i will not name unles he/she reads this and owns up )......

a proper football club,built on the foundations laid by a true fan..andy dunn notw 08....fantastic !!!
BLACKBURN RAVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 16:48   #139
God Member

Well I know a few people from off this site along with a few people that I've met through the site.

Two very old friends who probably don't want to admit to knowing me because they might lose some of their anonymity, plus one's girlfriend who I've also met recently.

Like Garinda said, our parents live next door to each other although we'd never met - plus he lives in the house that a friend used to live in - small world.

Now I know how, yes I can confirm I know Lettie as well.

Also, I apparently know Bagpuss although I have no recollection of him or his dirty knees.

Then there's the labour party lot who I actually met through this site. I bumped into Graham after talking to him on Accyweb and then things kind of snowballed from there.

Finally Katex who I know through Ossy Players first and foremost.

Old 11-07-2006, 16:50   #140
God Member

Plus, of course, people who I've met at meets and I almost met Willow once but as I'd walked past her, given my brain time to register that I'd seen her photo on here, put the photo and name together in my brain, she'd moved on and I didn't get chance to say hello.

Oh, almost forgot - I've met Doug a couple of times outside of here because he came to the Mela last year and I've met him at the football.

Phew, this site does have a lot to answer for!

Old 11-07-2006, 17:15   #141
Beacon of light

I haven't been to any of the meets, so I only know Mick. I know lettie from a past life....but the rest of the Accyweb members are all mysteries to me.

We should have our own special pin badges so that we could spot one another in town and introduce ourselves.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 17:28   #142
Resident Waffler

Now I'm wondering how many other people have almost met me!

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 19:54   #143
God Member

Plus, I forgot, I've met a couple of the people from the Accrington Stanley side of the site because we're looking at doing an exhibition on ASFC later this year.

Old 11-07-2006, 21:21   #144
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle
Two very old friends who probably don't want to admit to knowing me because they might lose some of their anonymity
I hope they don't mind being called very old
Old 11-07-2006, 21:32   #145
God Member

No, well if I have to be called 'old' then they have to stick in there with me! Plus they've probably called me much worse in the past.

Old 11-07-2006, 22:52   #146
God Member

Well as I'd been arguin about me being excluded from over 18s with mick and roy, and stopped posting cos I was having a strop not long before the meet I went to. the mafia didn't do a very good job at keeping me away or scaring me away once I was there.
Second meet as I said got ruined, someone put me on a downer as I was arriving up there but they all still made me welcome, chatted to me but gave me space too.
Sooo I thing they're a brilliant crowd, and I'm gonna try to come up again now that things with ex's have settled and I can enjoy myself.

I also met tea leaf and survived. He's actually very interesting in real life and talks about things other than big brother.
Come and write every night, chat with a hula melody
Madhatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 23:02   #147
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madhatter
I also met tea leaf and survived. He's actually very interesting in real life and talks about things other than big brother.
Tealeaf is one of those people in life that impact on your life without you realising the fact. I have a lot of respect for the man and hold him in high esteem for is knowledge and the fact that he will stand by his principles without malice, His dry sense humour and cuttingly sharp repose makes him one of those individuals that can make a difference as to whether you have a good day’s posting or a crap one.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 07:37   #148
mez
God Member

when i first met mr t i was amazed ...here he was this giant of a man with the quiet spoken voice ..but oo so interesting to talk to .....& listen too, when i went to visit pendy in london we met up with him & he did a marvelous tour for me ..like i say he's very interesting .....nothing like his grumpy winde ups on here .........& accyweb wasn't mentioned as its not at the meets , true freindships are made at these meets too & ive now got a lot more friends .....mabe thanks to accyweb.
Old 12-07-2006, 08:17   #149
God Member

Poor tealeaf... he just has to be cringing with embarressment right now... hahahaha Put him right off his salmon butties
Old 12-07-2006, 08:24   #150
Resting in Peace

It will take more that a bit of embaressment to put tealeaf off his butties
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..