Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-08-2022, 16:40   #1

Ferret Man.

No Problem, Jeff.
taddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-08-2022, 17:58   #2
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!
Re: Ferret Man.

Bit random that Tads????
Old 17-08-2022, 19:46   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

i thought a bit strange?
Old 17-08-2022, 23:14   #4

Success with the vodka maybe....oops! and I'll drink to that.
dotti34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2022, 08:34   #5
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

A Magical Mystery Tour?
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2022, 09:50   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Bit random that Tads????
Correct, but then again you are not a member of the Accy Web ferret appreciation society.
Old 18-08-2022, 09:56   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
A Magical Mystery Tour?
Think Albino, Black Eyed White and Polecat, all clear now?
Old 18-08-2022, 09:57   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
i thought a bit strange?
Solution Above
Old 18-08-2022, 10:01   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotti34 View Post
Success with the vodka maybe....oops! and I'll drink to that.
Sorry Dotti but you will have to explain that to me. see other answers above.
Old 18-08-2022, 10:32   #10

Sorry, taddy, I thought my comment would be self-explanatory, but in a cryptic sort of way. My sense of humour. I meant that perhaps you had succeeded in turning your spuds into vodka and had been sampling same….please accept my very sincere (hmmm!) apologies for even thinking this.
dotti34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2022, 15:41   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotti34 View Post
Sorry, taddy, I thought my comment would be self-explanatory, but in a cryptic sort of way. My sense of humour. I meant that perhaps you had succeeded in turning your spuds into vodka and had been sampling same….please accept my very sincere (hmmm!) apologies for even thinking this.
No Problem, no need to be sorry, I love humour from wherever in the world it comes from, I am not one of the "whinging Poms" of old.
Old 18-08-2022, 16:09   #12
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by taddy View Post
Correct, but then again you are not a member of the Accy Web ferret appreciation society.

Wasn't even aware such a thing existed. So what does that involve then? Getting 16 pints down your neck while shoving numerous fretlets down your pants? Last man standing is the winner & the loser after getting out of the Ozzy has to pay for the Ale?
Stevie R and taddy like this.
Old 19-08-2022, 09:52   #13

Quote:
Wasn't even aware such a thing existed. So what does that involve then? Getting 16 pints down your neck while shoving numerous fretlets down your pants? Last man standing is the winner & the loser after getting out of the Ozzy has to pay for the Ale?
It's a very select club Dave, as far as I know there are only two members in it at the moment Ferret Man and myself, all you need is an appreciation of all things Ferret related. Forty odd fifty years ago I used to tie my own "Purse Nets",(nets used to catch rabbits as they bolted from their burrows trying to escape from one of my ferrets that I had introduced but now the four that I have are simply pets, they even have harnesses so that I can take them for a walk, much to the amazement of the locals, the children especially.
I bought two Kits at nine weeks old four years ago and the other two are what I rehomed when they were found wandering along the canal towpath.
Old 19-08-2022, 15:25   #14
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by taddy View Post
It's a very select club Dave, as far as I know there are only two members in it at the moment Ferret Man and myself,
Bit like the "Fellowship of the Hat", That was a 2 man thing, Eric (who I believe passed on several years back now) & me. It was in reference to the "Watering holes" in Medicine Hat, Alberta Canada along the "Skatch" Saskatchewan river.

Canada, Troops & training. - Accrington Web

Bad Medicine at Medicine Hat. - Accrington Web

I made a 2 parter "educational" about it some time back.
taddy likes this.

Last edited by DaveinGermany; 19-08-2022 at 15:31.
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2022, 16:40   #15

Quote:
Bit like the "Fellowship of the Hat", That was a 2 man thing, Eric (who I believe passed on several years back now) & me. It was in reference to the "Watering holes" in Medicine Hat, Alberta Canada along the "Skatch" Saskatchewan river.

Bad Medicine at Medicine Hat. - Accrington Web

I made a 2 parter "educational" about it some time back.
Many thanks for that Dave, My Lad also went to Medicine Hat as a driver/ gunner on a Chieftain but whilst you were there in 1986 he was there, I think in 1988/9. the two things that he always mentions is the length of the trains that passed across the prairie, (or whatever it is called in Canada) and the "Marmots" that the squaddies were always trying to feed, (catch).
DaveinGermany likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..