Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-10-2003, 21:53   #1
I am Banned

Post Finding NEMO

Just watched it... Awesome.. OK I havent watched a cartoon in years and probably Jungle book last one.. But this.. So advanced.. Colorfull, Funny.. Excellent.. had me and the kids laughing out loud..

Its a must see film.. No matter what your age.
HarryX is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 24-10-2003, 22:10   #2

Post Re: Finding NEMO

I agree  ;D , i watched it with my boyfriend and his daughter on Saturday and we all enjoyed it! the colours, graphics and voices of the caracters are ace, good one  [smiley=da.gif]
Dizzy D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2003, 06:51   #3
Roy
Administrator

Yes indeed, an excellent must see film. I went to see it with the girlfriend and no kids. First time i'd been to the cinema for years!
Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2003, 14:17   #4
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

Planning to take my sister to see it next week. It's brilliant how they do cartoon films now. Loved Monsters Inc, so hoping this one is as good. ;D

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2003, 18:05   #5
God Member

Might go and see it myself. I believe the cinema on Edgar street has closed ;D are the ones next to the Pickwick still open ;D ??? ;D

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2003, 21:07   #6

top film,my 4 year son loved it seen it today,we saw it in bury on way back we stopped of at pilsner industrial estate to the aquiriam to find nemo lol,we did but he wasnt as cute and his fin had grown too lol
tintin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2003, 19:00   #7
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Last Wednesday my daughter asked if she could have Nemo on DVD as an extra present for Christmas, I told her it wasn't out in England yet, she looked so disappointed that I thought I'd try the net, maybe I could find one somewhere.
I was suprised to find that it was already on sale in America and Canada so I ordered one Thursday morning after checking my DVD and TV would play their version. To my surprise it was delivered today in perfect working order, that's 4 days from Canada I was amazed what with the christmas post,  it was cheaper even with postage than I normally buy DVDs in this country.
I think I might have one happy daughter on Christmas morning.  ;D  

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2003, 01:31   #8

Bought it 3 weeks ago and still havn't seen it yet. Other movies that have come out here for christmas  are Freaky Friday, bruce Almighty and Pirates of the caribean. all retail betwenn $24-$40 thats about 10-18 pounds I think
littlemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2003, 03:25   #9
Roy
Administrator

hehe - got all them a couple of weeks ago.. retail here is 5-10RMB thats about 35p to 70p. Proper DVD boxes and even film wrapped, all in English and region free. Of course, I may not get away with bringing them back through customs but who cares at that price, disposable DVD's it's the future...
Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2003, 14:03   #10
Senior Member+

Bagpuss iwas thinking of doing that.With play247.com however i was not sure of the delivery charges or if you would have a certain amount of import tax to pay
Old 23-12-2003, 14:05   #11
Senior Member+

If anybody wantsto change their DVD player over to code free or enable it to play differrent regions try www.dvdrhelp.com
Old 23-12-2003, 19:01   #12
Accy Red

Mik I had a look at play247.com, not bad but there are cheaper.
I bought it from Amazon Marketplace from Little Mo's home state, a place called Markham Ontario, it was a gamble but it paid off this time.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Old 24-12-2003, 01:13   #13

markham's just NOrth of toronto, quite near me. Did they charge you Tax when it wa sdelivered to the UK? I don't mind if people want to habe them mailed to me then i'll send them on as gifts, this way you won't need to pay the Taxes
littlemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2003, 18:14   #14
Accy Red

No tax to pay, something about it being under a certain amount of money think it was £20.

Old 24-12-2003, 20:05   #15
Senior Member+

we pay no tax all year but as soon as Xmas hist the calendar and we order form play then the Germans like to try and slap us with a tax.Play always sort it out but getting money back off the government, well its the same anywhere

« Tips | RUGBY »

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..