Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By accyman
  • 1 Post By hyndburner
  • 1 Post By accyman

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-10-2014, 15:07   #1

Fiona Woolf

Victims' groups have told Home Office officials they are "unanimous" in the view that the head of an inquiry into historic child sex abuse should resign.

The inquiry would be a "dead duck" if Fiona Woolf remained chairwoman, Peter Saunders from National Association for People Abused in Childhood said.

Victims have called for her to step down because of her social links to ex-Home Secretary Lord Brittan.

One of the main complaints of the victims is that, over a number of years, nobody in authority ever listened to them.

A spokesman said PM David Cameron was "absolutely clear" she can do the job, and has told everybody involved to 'get on with it.

Priceless irony!
hyndburner is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 31-10-2014, 15:20   #2
Beacon of light

Re: Fiona Woolf

I think it is highly unlikely that the victims of this historical abuse will ever get a fair hearing.
There are too many high profile politicians and the judiciary implicated for this to be a realistic aim......whether those high profile politicians were actually involved in the abuse themselves, or covered up for those who were...they are just as bad as each other.

I really think this is a damage limitation exercise by the Home Office.
If the truth ever comes out I think there will be some shocks in store.

Fiona Woolf is definitely not the right person to carry out this task as her memory is not that good...she said she had had no contact with the Brittans since last April, when she was photographed with Lady Brittan in October........and when declaring conflict of interest she was disingenuous in her replies...it took seven drafts of the letter before she settled on one which she thought would fudge the issue enough for her to be seen as suitable.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2014, 15:33   #3
God Member

i was thinking about this case the other day because i sold an item on ebay and the man who came to collect it was a retired social worker from down south.He was telling me when he was working down south a social worker from rossendale was transfered to his department because orders came from the executive office that she had to stop looking into claims regarding cyril smith and she wasnt happy about doing so.

All perverts need investigating and more so the ones in position of power and trust.

between parliament and the BBC its a wonder any child of the 70s made it to adulthood without been fiddled with

sadly they will never get justice in most cases and most likely a whitewash investigation at best and if david cameron is backing this woman then theres no doubt shes no good for the job

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2014, 16:04   #4

She has now resigned, thank goodness. She has written to the
Home Secretary saying she can not continue, but it doesn't say how many drafts of the letter were written.
Lucysgirl likes this.
hyndburner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2014, 16:31   #5

Thank goodness she's resigned! I'm glad I'm not involved in choosing the chairman. The old legal eagles have the experience but are linked to everybody who was someboy in some way or other and the young ones don't have enough experience to lead such a big enquiry
Lucysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2014, 17:11   #6
Beacon of light

Yes just seen it on the news.
This will give Theresa May something to chew over.
Old 31-10-2014, 17:16   #7
God Member

These 'bad choices' and postponement of the enquiry will drag on until after the election.
The Tories can't afford for the truth to be revealed before then.

This 2nd 'bad choice' may well have been deliberate.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2014, 17:51   #8
Beacon of light

Even if the inquiry had gone ahead, I think it would be hard to come to any kind of conclusion before the election.
I think that politicians, the judiciary and the police are all enmeshed in this abuse......and all will come out of this without any honour.
Old 31-10-2014, 18:53   #9
God Member

its well documented what a bunch of perverts the tory lot were throughout the 80s but my money says there will be people from all partys involved

i cant see any other reason for a labour MP not putting his or her name to finding out who did what and to who other than their party has something to hide.

i know blair screwed everyone so theres one for starters

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Old 01-11-2014, 10:57   #10
Full Member+

Sounds to me that the celebrity pervert scandal came in very handy as a smokescreen for what was, seemingly, about to erupt at Westminster. I don't think the victims will ever get any justice simply because the 'Establishment' are too powerful, with too much to lose. After all, your never going to get an unbiased judge investigating something that could be so explosive, they're all connected to each other somewhere along the line!
Old 01-11-2014, 12:30   #11
God Member

my son gets his first chance to vote at the next election and i must say they have it a lot better than we did when we turned 18

they have the internet so hes already aware what a set of two faced , dirty dealing, perverted theiving scumbags they are..

problem is just like us the new generation of voters have to figure out not who is best for the country but who will do the least damage
Less likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..