Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-10-2003, 22:58   #1

Post fireworks

is it me or are this years fireworks louder,i take my dog out everynight after work about 8:30 ish,its like baghdad at night here in ossy,dog dosnt mind them at all but that may change after rockets being aimed at us by a few little s**ts on whiteash playing fields,and yes i did have my poop scoop with me  :P
tintin is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-10-2003, 07:04   #2
God Member

Post Re: fireworks

You should have scooped it up & flung it at the little bug*ars
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2003, 07:10   #3

Hi hate fireworks anyway, don't have a clue why but the noise just scares the bejesus about of me  [smiley=eek.gif]

Sound like a wimp, but i can't help it  :-/

And i hate it that kids can get hold of them before the actual "Bonfire night" Cos cats and dogs are terrified sometimes.  
Dizzy D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2003, 07:13   #4
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

My dog is terrified of them, and they are very loud. It seems to get earlier every year does bonfire night. I wouldn't mind, but they let them off during the day round here which is pointless really. What concerns me most is that the people letting them off are mostly just kids, had the police round a couple of times last year, but the kids had long gone by the time they got here.

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2003, 07:18   #5
God Member

Surely the simple solution is to ban their sale to 1) Over 18's 2) to 2 days before 5th Nov 3) to make it a criminal offence to let one off before Nov 5th or any other designated day....It's exactly the same down here by the way
Old 23-10-2003, 08:01   #6
Senior Member+

Agree with the chief constable from Liverpool.He was on Granada and basically said that anybody in England with a retail licence can sell them.People should be made to do some form of special schooling to realise how dangerous they are.Here in Germany you can only buy them 4 days before New Years Eve so the problem is not too big.
Old 23-10-2003, 19:48   #7
Senior Member+

I have to say that i totaly agree with tealeaf on this one, better still, it's now time to have more organised events then maybe this problem would hopefuly go away. I am not a killjoy,it's just that for years now fireworks have got totaly out of hand. there going off now as i am typing this.
Old 23-10-2003, 20:27   #8

tealeaf you have hit the nail on the head,surely it would stop kids having accidants if the age was 18 to buy fireworks,good idea about the 2 days before the 5th of november too.i say tealeaf for prime minister
tintin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2003, 20:31   #9
Accy Goddess

Got to agree with Tealeaf. If we must have the things then they shouldn't be allowed to let them off before the day.
I only have to hear them and they fill me with dread.
I bet half the kids today don't even know what it's all about.
ANNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2003, 12:43   #10
I am Banned

Todays Accy Observer

Quote:
Parents of 35 children have recieved warning letters from the police after their children where invloved in firwork incidents
Hmm OK.. then it goes on to say

Quote:
The tough action is part of a major crackdown..
Eh? Tough action? Sorry but am i really the only one who can't see any tough action. people lose limbs and sight and end up in hospital while the police post letters to the very people who are letting there kids run about wiht fireworks.
HarryX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2003, 12:52   #11
God Member

Who remembers the days when a police car outside the door was either a loved one's accident or a scource of shame?
Old 24-10-2003, 16:08   #12
Resting in Peace

have to agree with harry dont see the police doing anything about the fireworks
letters wont stop them.
as i am typing this there are fireworks going off and its only 5pm
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2003, 16:14   #13
God Member

Send a rocket through the Chief Super's window...that would wake him up & maybe get some action on the problem...
Old 24-10-2003, 21:50   #14
Senior Member+

Must agree with tealeaf there.Maybe if it affectted some officialdom directly then it would be a different case
Old 25-10-2003, 03:18   #15
Len
God Member

Man's horror firecracker injuries
By MEGAN LEVY
September 3, 2003

http://www.illawarramercury.com.au/a...515432209.html

[edit]Click the link if you want to read the original story-several users did not think the story was suitable.[/edit]

Donate to Accyweb here:
Len is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..