Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-08-2008, 04:51   #1
God Member

Football Hooligans and now

Just reading a thread about the stabbings and violence on the streets these day's.. could it be that football aggro was a way to vent out the violent nature that is embedded in some teens?... a way to let it out within a group?

Of course football aggro is no good ...and the police have clamped it... but maybe it was a way out for some teens..in a gang ....walk around looking hard.. a few kicks at opposing fans and it's all over.. sounds daft but it's alot better than the state on the streets we have now... what do you reckon?
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 05-08-2008, 09:16   #2
Resting in Peace

Re: Football Hooligans and now

I've been a footy fan for over 50 years and never had the urge to go down a street an kick the oppositions fans, well that is until now
Old 05-08-2008, 10:08   #3
God Member

I can see it's a waste of time trying to debate the state of fotoball aggro .. in relation to the street

Last edited by Len; 05-08-2008 at 15:52. Reason: Keeping the peace
Old 05-08-2008, 11:57   #4

Well i think that these prats that vent their anger via football hooliganism are ruining the sport. I mean, whats the point?
So what if your team loses, whats the need in starting on the opposition?
Jealousy! I mean look at the teams that are notorious for violence.
West Ham
Millwall
Bradford City
and chelsea.
All these teams are rubbish and are GONNA lose games. Chelsea being the exception, but they're just prats anyway.
If they dont behave themselves then in the long run england could be banned from european football, as they have been in the past.

I love Jaffa Cakes!!

All Hail evil Gloworm!!!

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny
(")_(") into your signature to help him gain world domination.

I sometimes lay down at night and stare at the stars and its then i realise.. SOMEONE'S STOLE MY ROOF!!!

I'm always amazed when I hear people saying; "That GORDON BROWN, he's a great leader". And I wonder, where can one find a drug that would make one so delusional?
danny27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 11:59   #5

P.s...LADIES, please stop the bickering its getting old
And im aiming that at jaysay and mancie

I love Jaffa Cakes!!

All Hail evil Gloworm!!!

(\__/)

I sometimes lay down at night and stare at the stars and its then i realise.. SOMEONE'S STOLE MY ROOF!!!

I'm always amazed when I hear people saying; "That GORDON BROWN, he's a great leader". And I wonder, where can one find a drug that would make one so delusional?
Old 05-08-2008, 13:31   #6
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by danny27 View Post
P.s...LADIES, please stop the bickering its getting old
And im aiming that at jaysay and mancie
I'm just saying that the street aggro from some youths was contianed when you had them were there was a limited control.. football grounds and outside......maybe not nice.......... but better than the situation we have now.. to get stuck into me for even daring to say what is real life?..that is the street mentality.
Old 05-08-2008, 13:51   #7
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
I'm just saying that the street aggro from some youths was contianed when you had them were there was a limited control.. football grounds and outside......maybe not nice.......... but better than the situation we have now.. to get stuck into me for even daring to say what is real life?..that is the street mentality.
can see where yer coming from n there could be summat in that statement, pity some are too thick to see the point yer making.
Old 05-08-2008, 14:45   #8
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Just reading a thread about the stabbings and violence on the streets these day's.. could it be that football aggro was a way to vent out the violent nature that is embedded in some teens?... a way to let it out within a group?

Of course football aggro is no good ...and the police have clamped it... but maybe it was a way out for some teens..in a gang ....walk around looking hard.. a few kicks at opposing fans and it's all over.. sounds daft but it's alot better than the state on the streets we have now... what do you reckon?

Before football violence youthful exuberance could also be knocked out of spirited juveniles by sending them to work in back breaking industries aged twelve, or to fight in far flung corners of the British Empire.

I'll pack your nap sack.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 15:03   #9
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Before football violence youthful exuberance could also be knocked out of spirited juveniles by sending them to work in back breaking industries aged twelve, or to fight in far flung corners of the British Empire.

I'll pack your nap sack.
Ah yes..the good old "Victorian" values spring up again and again.. stick em up chimney's...send em to the Crimea.. more likely to die of cholera than a fight...there was nowt going on in them day's!.. there is something wrong..why?..."shove em in a corner and let them sort it out"
Old 05-08-2008, 15:13   #10
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Ah yes..the good old "Victorian" values spring up again and again.. stick em up chimney's...send em to the Crimea.. more likely to die of cholera than a fight...there was nowt going on in them day's!.. there is something wrong..why?..."shove em in a corner and let them sort it out"
There's only one problem with your idea that football violence is a good idea for curbing youthful vigour, it's not only each other they hurt.

I went to football matches from the late sixties, all the way into the early eighties, your 'golden era' of football hooliganism, and I saw children whose heads were smashed open by flying bottles, and women and kids who were crushed by falling gates, battered down by so called football fans.

Personally I feel pity for those sad individuals who can only feel any self-worth by being part of a gang.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 15:17   #11
Senior Member+

It's not just at footie matches though,check the link out this is at cricket aswell.The actions of the individuals is utterly stupid but check out the guy on the tanoy his comments are so funny,I couldnt help my self chuckling away
Video index - Manchester Evening News
Old 05-08-2008, 15:31   #12
God Member

Quote:
Personally I feel pity for those sad individuals who can only feel any self-worth by being part of a gang.
Feeling pity will not help .. something different has to be grabbed.. the total base of banging up kids that have already done the damage is not the answer..they should be banged up .. but it still goes on at a pace.. what I say is nothing new ..we had gangs before..mods ,rockers ,teddy boys.. scouse bastards..and violence was involved but this was known and the police could have some sort of containment. today it is local "themselves" bods murdering people.
Old 05-08-2008, 15:36   #13

I suppose Football violence isnt any different than street violence. But...they use football as a reason, as do islamic nutters use religion to justify their actions against their "enemies", so i guess its just the same. Religion + Football, words all being used to justify unruly violence.
Pathetic!!!

I love Jaffa Cakes!!

All Hail evil Gloworm!!!

(\__/)

Old 05-08-2008, 15:37   #14
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
There's only one problem with your idea that football violence is a good idea for curbing youthful vigour, it's not only each other they hurt.

I went to football matches from the late sixties, all the way into the early eighties, your 'golden era' of football hooliganism, and I saw children whose heads were smashed open by flying bottles, and women and kids who were crushed by falling gates, battered down by so called football fans.

i never read it,like he was saying its a good idea, more making the point that it was a possible outlet,which has been rightfully clamped down on, n asking is that why the yobs vent anger on the streets nowadays, personally i think there may be summat in that statement, not that a return to what was is the answer, but it may well be part of the reason WHY.
Old 05-08-2008, 17:25   #15
God Member

i see what your saying mancie but it was thatcher and her cronies which has created the situation we are in now even if the big manufactoring industries were not profitable they were still doing its bit for society rightly or wrong it gave the youth somethong to aim for like doing the same jobs as their dad etc now theyve all lost hope a lost generation parents who were swept aside with no hope and now we are reaping the consequences with the generation of their kids with no hope and no goals....
cmonstanley is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..