Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2015, 05:19   #61
Resting in Peace

Re: For attention of patients of Myrtle House Surgery

went for my appointment at 7:15pm yesterday
only been to the Acorn centre once before in a morning to pic a prescription up for someone
so don't know my way round
thought I could do as I did last time ...go in the main door and take lift up to first floor
er wrong
the doors was locked and a notice on the door said to use the other entrance through the car park.
no idea where the car park entrance is I started walking up Lonsdale street then along the back and down the next street only 50 yards if I had gone left instead of right and no hill to get up (remember I have COPD) and did not think to take my inhaler with me
nearly put my lights out by the time I got to reception I was puffing and panting very short of breath
she asked if I was ok I said not really
she said to take a seat and I saw her chatting to a nurse
within 5 mins I was called in to see the doc the nurse came in with me with a very worried look on her face she told the doc she had the nebuliser ready for me
I looked at them and said that's not why I am here I came about the pain in my kidneys
the look on the nurse face hehe
anyway got to go for x-ray on my lower back today ant then for a ct scan on my spine when the appointment comes through
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 12-04-2015, 20:10   #62

On the surface it seems the Myrtle House practice is now trying to get rid of sane patients.

I order repeat prescriptions online and either access the practice website via a bookmark or just by typing "Myrtle House" into the browser. Both of these methods now automatically opens up "My Surgery Website" which appears to be a dedicated advertising website aimed at the medical profession.

Maybe it's time I stopped clinging onto old habits and found a different GP
Lucysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2015, 15:41   #63
Senior Member+

We registered for the on-line service last week, but just in case of initial hiccups the Boss ordered the prescriptions on line as always done. No problem accessing the website, prescription ready on time - only 3 errors so pretty good.
Made an appointment on line, no problem at all and even received a confirmation email back from them.
We have seen Dr Sharma on the last few visits - very nice chap, wanted to take me off a particular med. and I just told him that nothing is broke so don't try fixing it - he smiled and said OK.
Old 13-04-2015, 18:09   #64

I phoned Myrtle House this morning and was informed they needed my signature.

It's not too long ago since I went to the chest clinic and also received a letter advising me of my new doctor. I'd have thought it would have been quite easy to include a notice in the envelope to explain that my online ordering account won't work again until I visit the surgery to sign a document. Doesn't the Manager realise manhours are wasted and the receptionist stressed out by being interrupted with unnecessary 'phone enquiries.
Lucysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..